SVS PB-2000 and SB-2000 Subwoofers Preview

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The new 2000 series subwoofers from SVS were announced today at CES. Sporting 12" drivers, a brand new Sledge STA-500D amplifier, sub 20Hz performance, and price tags under $800, you could know nothing else and still think they were a good deal. But that's not all. The new drivers are custom designed by SVS. The new Sledge STA-500D amplifier is conservatively rated 500 watts RMS continuous and has integrated DSP controls for fine-tuning your bass experience for your particular environment. The sealed SB-2000 is small (14.2" cube) and hits down to 19Hz, the PB-2000 is much larger, ported, and extends down to 17Hz. We can't wait to get our hands on these.

Discuss "SVS PB-2000 and SB-2000 Subwoofers Preview" here. Read the article.

P

pcsolutionz

Audioholic Intern
The new 2000 series subwoofers from SVS were announced today at CES. Sporting 12" drivers, a brand new Sledge STA-500D amplifier, sub 20Hz performance, and price tags under $800, you could know nothing else and still think they were a good deal. But that's not all. The new drivers are custom designed by SVS. The new Sledge STA-500D amplifier is conservatively rated 500 watts RMS continuous and has integrated DSP controls for fine-tuning your bass experience for your particular environment. The sealed SB-2000 is small (14.2" cube) and hits down to 19Hz, the PB-2000 is much larger, ported, and extends down to 17Hz. We can't wait to get our hands on these.

Discuss "SVS PB-2000 and SB-2000 Subwoofers Preview" here. Read the article.
Just got Dual PB-1000's two days ago and these came out. Needless to say, just received an RMA and will place an order for these tomorrow. 200 more watts, newer cabinet style, trigger, metal grille, new driver. Now that's an SVS! Talked with Doug earlier and he says they are to start pumping them out between the 19th and 20th this month. 5% pre-order discount up until the 15th of January for all those interested. I'll be sure to put up a review when the time comes...

Marshall_Guthrie

Marshall_Guthrie

Audioholics Videographer Extraordinaire
Just got Dual PB-1000's two days ago and these came out. Needless to say, just received an RMA and will place an order for these tomorrow. 200 more watts, newer cabinet style, trigger, metal grille, new driver. Now that's an SVS! Talked with Doug earlier and he says they are to start pumping them out between the 19th and 20th this month. 5% pre-order discount up until the 15th of January for all those interested. I'll be sure to put up a review when the time comes...
Genuinely curious: why did you choose the PB-2000, but not the PB12-nsd?

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord

sorry, the SB2000's are in my bedroom. haven't even found the time to plug them in yet.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Hey mike, are you commercially involved with SVS?

P

pcsolutionz

Audioholic Intern
That's something... I'm unpacking my RtiA series now and to say the least can hardly believe how impressed I am so far. They are way nicer than I had imagined and soon I'll be able to test them out. Wicked psyched and got my 1000's packed up to go back.

Marshall, I didn't care for the PB-NSD cabinet and preferred the newer style of the 1000 series. I only wished they had more power and then exactly that came about in the 2000. Not to mention I prefer the metal grille aesthetically over mesh. Anal but I'm putting a lot of time and money into furniture and such for a new loft condo I'm moving to in a couple months and don't want my system to stand out negatively against my contemporary design. Building a sick man-cabin, lol...

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
yes. i am the Philippine distributor
That's interesting. I wish I had known that for all the times you ripped on me and dinged me for not singing SVS's praises. Perhaps in the future you would consider not involving yourself in a debate where you have a commercial interest. In fact, how can you be expected to impartially moderate a forum broadly devoted to the discussion of subwoofers in general?

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
That's interesting. I wish I had known that for all the times you ripped on me and dinged me for not singing SVS's praises. Perhaps in the future you would consider not involving yourself in a debate where you have a commercial interest. In fact, how can you be expected to impartially moderate a forum broadly devoted to the discussion of subwoofers in general?
it was never a secret. my name was on SVS'es website from the get-go (til the site was revamped)

i have never spouted non-facts.

you on the other hand were spouting the imagined advantages of other subwoofers just to rip on SVS.

like i told you before, your conclusions are your subjective opinions which you always present as fact to newbies. that, cannot fly.

-0-

one more thing. there is nothing for me to benefit if SVS sells a lot on this forum or in the USA. there are no potential customers for me here.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Perhaps in the future you would consider not involving yourself in a debate where you have a commercial interest.
i think i am within my rights as a forum-goer (me being SVS related or not) to ask for the facts you based your ripping of SVS on.

if i went to every emotiva thread crapping on the brand with lines like "X brand's Y product beats that in power yada yada"
it would be fair for even the owner of emotiva to ask me how i came up with those lies.

you couldn't present facts. nuff said.

one need only check your posts to see you have a hard on for SVS.

you can check mine, if it's SVS related, it's generally mostly correcting your wrong info.

Last edited:
P

pcsolutionz

Audioholic Intern
Now now boys, lol. You both know it's like an opinion party on many forums regardless of which hobby. I couldn't care less what people think and as long as I'm pleased with my choices, so be it. My ears are telling me Polk, Emotiva and SVS together are a perfect marriage. Someone else may end up in divorce. My mission has been accomplished and would find it hard to be more satisfied. Food for thought gentleman, enjoy the music. That's why we're here...

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
ione more thing. there is nothing for me to benefit if SVS sells a lot on this forum or in the USA. there are no potential customers for me here.
Certainly you are within your rights to call out anything I say which is BS, but I haven't made any statements as absolute as you claim. If I have, show me where. Furthermore, since this forum isn't a USA only website, a conflict of interest still exists for you to moderate it.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Certainly you are within your rights to call out anything I say which is BS, but I haven't made any statements as absolute as you claim. If I have, show me where. Furthermore, since this forum isn't a USA only website, a conflict of interest still exists for you to moderate it.
i don't want to sift through your garbage.

again, i never moderated our "entanglements". you were spreading misinformation, i called BS. if what you said was true, i would have banned you in the past already.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
SVS makes good subs, for low/medium - good prices, we buy the gear we buy because we like it, I only have a problem when people say "a is better than B" when they have no experience with B, I go out of my way to listen to as much as possible, sometimes buying equipment I don't need, ok a lot of times buying equipment I don't need to do comparisons in my own home... Then when I compare 2 products, people with no experience with the one they don't own have a huge issue with it.. that sucks..... If you heard all the equipment and you know it well and compared it then fine, you have your opinion same as me, but just saying something blind because of a chart, review, or your blind opinion is silly, just keep quiet...

I like svs, hsu, psa {seems nice, havent spent a ton of time with them} they all offer good value..

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I've never heard a Hsu, PSA, or Rythmik...but SVS is the BEST! At least, according the that review that I read with all the charts.

:D

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
i think i am within my rights as a forum-goer (me being SVS related or not) to ask for the facts you based your ripping of SVS on.

if i went to every emotiva thread crapping on the brand with lines like "X brand's Y product beats that in power yada yada"
it would be fair for even the owner of emotiva to ask me how i came up with those lies.

you couldn't present facts. nuff said.

one need only check your posts to see you have a hard on for SVS.

you can check mine, if it's SVS related, it's generally mostly correcting your wrong info.
I never seen any inappropriate behavior from your side in this forum :D

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Very interesting thougts, so you suggest that anyone with commercial interests be banned to post in a forum? :confused:

P

pcsolutionz

Audioholic Intern
Sorry to barge in but I'm curious about your experiential view on the PB-2000 seeing as though that's the original point in the thread. Thanks in advance for your time!

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Sorry to barge in but I'm curious about your experiential view on the PB-2000 seeing as though that's the original point in the thread. Thanks in advance for your time!
i'll level match it to the other subs today. then i'll do some listening during the weekend.

if the "measurebators" in the other forum are correct, the difference with the PB12NSD should be very distinguishable.

vs. the PB1000, the NSD is already night and day with the 1000, on purely SQ and extension, not counting the SPL difference.

P

pcsolutionz

Audioholic Intern
i'll level match it to the other subs today. then i'll do some listening during the weekend.

if the "measurebators" in the other forum are correct, the difference with the PB12NSD should be very distinguishable.

vs. the PB1000, the NSD is already night and day with the 1000, on purely SQ and extension, not counting the SPL difference.
In the end I'm aiming to get assurance that shipping the Dual PB-1000's back for a single PB-2000 is a wise decision. I'll most likely get another 2000 down the road but SVS actually suggested I try one and see how it goes before buying two. I feel one in my condo will suffice!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis