SVS PB 16 Ultra worth buying ?

JOHN FICKEL

JOHN FICKEL

Senior Audioholic
Ok I have the PB-4000, love the way it looks. Now the PB400O is in front and Klipsch R-115 in back. I went through all the app settings keeping everything off. I use the LFE input, I ran YPAO on the RX-Z9 for distance, and level only... First impressions I was not impressed at all. I figured out that frequencies were being canceled.
The SVS is in standard mode, no eq being used. So finally, I decided to change Phase on the fly. In the Z9 I can do that. Normal, L reverse, R-reverse or both reverse. L Reverse it woke right up!! Wow even at low volume it sounds amazing. I have more testing to do but even at really low volume it sounds AWESOME I will let you know about movies here soon!

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Ok I have the PB-4000, love the way it looks. Now the PB400O is in front and Klipsch R-115 in back. I went through all the app settings keeping everything off. I use the LFE input, I ran YPAO on the RX-Z9 for distance, and level only... First impressions I was not impressed at all. I figured out that frequencies were being canceled.
The SVS is in standard mode, no eq being used. So finally, I decided to change Phase on the fly. In the Z9 I can do that. Normal, L reverse, R-reverse or both reverse. L Reverse it woke right up!! Wow even at low volume is sounds amazing. I have more testing to do but even at really low volume it sounds AWESOME I will let you know about movies here soon!
Oh your going to love it for movies!

JOHN FICKEL

JOHN FICKEL

Senior Audioholic
Keeping the PB-4000 what a difference it made in the system. I believe the Speakers and Subs are the most important part in any system. Even at low volume it sounds awesome big improvement to the system. I played with a 60 HZ Crossover but preferred 80HZ My RC-64II only plays down to 59hz My rears are rs-62 those claim 50 hz my RF-7II play down to 30hz the RX-Z9 has a global crossover

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis