Subwoofer suggestion - SVS vs Rythmik

D

Divyam

Enthusiast
Hi all,

I am planning to build a dedicated HT with a 7.2.4 setup. My room size is 21 ft x 15 ft x 9 ft. I will use the room for movies, music and games (33% each)

I am confused between the following subs - A pair of the SVS SB 4000's or a pair of the Rythmik F18. I am getting both for a similar price. The issue is I will not be able to demo either.

Kindly help! Thanks.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I cannot comment on this specific subwoofers you are considering. However, as a general rule, the prices on the SVS subs are going to be a bit higher than Rhythmik. For the extra money, SVS gives you generally a better finish, although I question the aesthetic of their metal "football helmet" grills. SVS also provides 45 days to return an item with free return shipping.
It sounds like you may be buying second hand or otherwise not having the benefit of the customer service return abilities, so as a general rule I would lean towards Rythmik. But wait for more responses, because others may be able to better comment on the specific subs that you have mentioned.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Generally I'd go with the Rythmik for the larger drivers. Is this new or used? Why not consider other makes? Why sealed over ported?

G

Grandzoltar

Full Audioholic
I agree with the rhythmic choice. It will play deeper than 2 sb4000. But for mid bass 2 sb4000 would crush the rhythmic. Like my HD friend said there are others to add to your short list.

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
Don’t know much about Rhythmic but SVS service is second to none.

I

Imureh

Audioholic Intern
I agree with the rhythmic choice. It will play deeper than 2 sb4000. But for mid bass 2 sb4000 would crush the rhythmic. Like my HD friend said there are others to add to your short list.
He is looking at pairs for both. Not one vs two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I

Imureh

Audioholic Intern
Hi all,

I am planning to build a dedicated HT with a 7.2.4 setup. My room size is 21 ft x 15 ft x 9 ft. I will use the room for movies, music and games (33% each)

I am confused between the following subs - A pair of the SVS SB 4000's or a pair of the Rythmik F18. I am getting both for a similar price. The issue is I will not be able to demo either.

Kindly help! Thanks.
The rythmik would be the choice here by a long shot. The performance for the price is outstanding and the F18 is a gorgeous sub. The F18 is more comparable to the SB16 which even then would edge it out in SQ. Just ask @muscles who has had these subs.

D

Divyam

Enthusiast
Hi Guys just an update, I have decided to go with the Rythmik! Now I am confused between the following:

1) A Pair of the F18's
2) A Pair of the F25's
3) A single G25HP

Any thoughts on the same? Thanks!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Hi Guys just an update, I have decided to go with the Rythmik! Now I am confused between the following:

1) A Pair of the F18's
2) A Pair of the F25's
3) A single G25HP

I would go with a pair of F18s from that list.

I

Imureh

Audioholic Intern

1) A Pair of the F18's
2) A Pair of the F25's
3) A single G25HP

If you have the space go with the F25

D

Divyam

Enthusiast
Okay so a dual F25 would beat a single G25HP if my understanding is correct. Okay thanks, that takes the F18's out of the running.

Dual G25HP would be over my budget unfortunately, and I would want all components from the start, I wont be able to add components later on :/

Could I lie the F25's on their side? I don't have the 33 inch height available. Is that ok? I am sorry if that is a stupid question :p

I

Imureh

Audioholic Intern
Okay so a dual F25 would beat a single G25HP if my understanding is correct. Okay thanks, that takes the F18's out of the running.

Dual G25HP would be over my budget unfortunately, and I would want all components from the start, I wont be able to add components later on :/

Could I lie the F25's on their side? I don't have the 33 inch height available. Is that ok? I am sorry if that is a stupid question :p
Yes you can lay them down on their side

D

Divyam

Enthusiast
Thank you! So just for my understanding, why is the pricing of the F25 lower to the F18? Even though the F25 is better on paper atleast.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis