John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
This one caught me surprise as the previous tracks on a playlist I created a while back were very minimal and I had it turned up pretty loud - then this came on...

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
From north Africa (above) to west - I love all that I have heard from Azu. It may not be the heaviest or fattest bass in the world but it is very "organic" sounding (maybe kinda "wet"?).

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Not super deep but does have a couple Drops in it. Good cover of an oldie but goodie.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Lol, I don't think I have ever posted an actual techno track! Just because a piece of music was made from electronic instruments does not mean it is techno. Techno is a very specific genre.
Picky, picky. :D I do enjoy some electronic music but lean more towards the ambient stuff. Have to be in a particular mood to listen to some of the heavier beat laden material posted.

Just got two more CDs from Said The Whale, a Canadian alt-rock band. The first song from As Long As Your Eyes Are Wide has some nice deep tones running through it. Would never have noticed it over the PC speakers but it sure is noticeable with the SVS. Not sure if it qualifies as subwoofer candy but it stands out compared to the other tracks.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I been away too long... from this thread...

low hanging fruit, but we love him nonetheless...

looked at my Apple Music recommendations and right at the top of the New Release was...

Oh yes, my Droogs... May there be low-freq bliss in your day.

:cool:
I've been listening to a bunch of Lorn lately because of this post. I like it, kinda dark, a bit "grungey" if that makes sense?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Mmm. This has some pretty serious weight to it. No cats in the room to freak out, the Lady isn't here...
And oh my does this sound WAY different than it did in the car.
I can actually feel my X13s vibrating which doesn't usually happen. :)

I'm at -5, hitting 75-80dB, and I'm hearing a whole slew of new rattles.

On the Lorn scale, I give it an 8 for it's weighty dark bass and near-oppressive sound. :p

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Mmm. This has some pretty serious weight to it. No cats in the room to freak out, the Lady isn't here...

On the Lorn scale, I give it an 8 for it's weighty dark bass and near-oppressive sound. :p

Oh krikey!

Track 6, Nearing Obliteratio

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

Dude, track ten has me wondering if something in the kitchen is going to break! That whole album is a sub workout. Unfortunately I'm only getting preview versions. Like the first minute of each track so I blazed through it pretty quick, but holy crap. I can feel the insides of my skull ratting on track 11 right now as I type!

*Edit: I'm guessing I'm around 90 dB for most of it, but cranked it up past that for a couple of tracks. That was fun!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Dude, track ten has me wondering if something in the kitchen is going to break! That whole album is a sub workout. Unfortunately I'm only getting preview versions. Like the first minute of each track so I blazed through it pretty quick, but holy crap. I can feel the insides of my skull ratting on track 11 right now as I type!

*Edit: I'm guessing I'm around 90 dB for most of it, but cranked it up past that for a couple of tracks. That was fun!
Ya, man. That's a keeper. I just added it to my library.

On track 10 right now, Mystical Ascent, and there was some definite near-infra if not full infrasonic hits... I had a whole new set of rattles tied to something musical I couldn't hear.
And Track 11 just started... that is a serious mid-bass ear thunkering if ever there was one.

Subwoofer Candy fo'Sho! It's like a Salt-Water Taffy flavor that's rarely found: Bass Licorice and Black Thumpberry. :D

Can't tell if my ears are drooling... or if it's blood.

;)

And I don't care.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

On track 10 right now, Mystical Ascent, and there was some definite near-infra if not full infrasonic hits... I had a whole new set of rattles tied to something musical I couldn't hear.
And Track 11 just started... that is a serious mid-bass ear thunkering if ever there was one.

Subwoofer Candy fo'Sho! It's like a Salt-Water Taffy flavor that's rarely found: Bass Licorice and Black Thumpberry. :D

;)

And I don't care.

That might be as loud as I've had it for bass in here. That RBH right behind me was hitting like an anvil. It occurred to me I hadn't really cranked that new sub yet. I went right up to 0 for a couple of tracks. I wasn't being hyperbolic earlier. For the first time I started becoming concerned about something breaking in here! I had stuff rattling that I didn't know would rattle!

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I’ve been trying some of you guys tracks out in this rig I’ve got to say I had no idea these would play that low I’ve been rattle proofing my room and the other day I was running a sweep from like 40 on down they will play pretty low but hear able sound drops off at around 17 then you just feel it in waves I’ve had to sound proof the whole dam room pictures , some of the wife’s trinkets and my front door that’s 28 feet away from the subs . I told the wife the dam door has to go craziest thing I’ve ever seen or herd you can put your hand on this door and feel waves of bass you can’t hear . She loves it but thinks Iam insane.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I’ve been trying some of you guys tracks out in this rig I’ve got to say I had no idea these would play that low I’ve been rattle proofing my room and the other day I was running a sweep from like 40 on down they will play pretty low but hear able sound drops off at around 17 then you just feel it in waves I’ve had to sound proof the whole dam room pictures , some of the wife’s trinkets and my front door that’s 28 feet away from the subs . I told the wife the dam door has to go craziest thing I’ve ever seen or herd you can put your hand on this door and feel waves of bass you can’t hear . She loves it but thinks Iam insane.
Nothing like some good quality bass. Glad your lovin your investment!!!
FWIW, being 28’ away isn’t that far when you consider a 20hz wave is 56’ long.
And also, I’m pretty sure ALL of our wives think we’re insane… if not we’re doing it all wrong. Lol

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

;)

And I don't care.

“Ears are drooling or if it’s blood”.
Awesome…
I love saltwater bass candy. Perfect choice of flavors too.

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Nothing like some good quality bass. Glad your lovin your investment!!!
FWIW, being 28’ away isn’t that far when you consider a 20hz wave is 56’ long.
And also, I’m pretty sure ALL of our wives think we’re insane… if not we’re doing it all wrong. Lol
No question about it there a game changer for sure hard to believe now that I was missing this all these years . I’ve had to put felt pads on the backs of big pictures to calm them down and we have a collection of plates that have springs to tension the holders to the plates now this was the weirdest thing I’ve ever seen at 25 hz and below I was getting this weird harmonic a very loud high pitched ringing at first I thought it was the subs bottoming out then my wife said no it’s coming from them plates . I took one down and I’ll be dammed it was the stretched springs on the back ringing or singing . I’ve had to put duct tape on all the springs on ever plate holder to stop the weird high pitched harmonics from the springs . Not sure how to tame down the door yet lol .

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Jumping into the wayback machine, this one kind of started my bass journey. I had a '96 Jetta GLS and built my own system (Alpine, Audiocontrol, Soundstream, MB Quart) including two 10" JL subs in a sealed Powerwedge cab. Oi, this made my pants flap! When I got my Sunfire True Subwoofer, this song would make it dance around the room...
I was really into industrial back then and the track this was on is still one of the best industrial compilations produced - Cleopatra Records was on fire in the late 90s.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Here is a new dubstep tune that makes subwoofers sing: Forin - Envy. Not a very complicated tune, just a kick-ass bass line.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
So as a drummer for most of my life, I thought I’d share one of the coolest things ever.

As this goes along, more and more, and larger drums move into the “kit”. It’s really fun as they start descending onto the really big drums. Your subs should thank you.

This is from a two disk series called animusic. I first saw it at Best Buy as some kind of demo on all the PC’s. The track was “pipe dream”. I forgot about it for a couple years, and then tried to tell someone about it but didn’t know what it was! So I googled “shooting balls at drums”.

I had found animusic.
A MIDI powered world where instruments are alive! Anyway, all of my kids who are 19 and 14 still love them after all these years. I know it’s YouTube, but should still sound good enough.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
So as a drummer for most of my life, I thought I’d share one of the coolest things ever.

As this goes along, more and more, and larger drums move into the “kit”. It’s really fun as they start descending onto the really big drums. Your subs should thank you.

This is from a two disk series called animusic. I first saw it at Best Buy as some kind of demo on all the PC’s. The track was “pipe dream”. I forgot about it for a couple years, and then tried to tell someone about it but didn’t know what it was! So I googled “shooting balls at drums”.

I had found animusic.
A MIDI powered world where instruments are alive! Anyway, all of my kids who are 19 and 14 still love them after all these years. I know it’s YouTube, but should still sound good enough.
I've seen the second one and ended up finding a video where Intel actually pulled it off irl!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis