S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I need to post in here more often! Here is a very heavy-duty production from Brazil: Two Fingers - Seesayer. Sounds like something that would be great to hear before heading off to battle where the only weapons are baseball bats with nails in them. This is good stuff for your subs!

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I need to post in here more often! Here is a very heavy-duty production from Brazil: Two Fingers - Seesayer. Sounds like something that would be great to hear before heading off to battle where the only weapons are baseball bats with nails in them. This is good stuff for your subs!
Heh, the track is very anemic (boring, really) when playing with Genelec 8330A monitors without the Genelec 7360A subwoofer that I use for my desktop 2.1 system! Using the GLM software it's easy to compare by click of a button to disable/enable bass management.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
A track I just found. A minute in and I knew it had to be in here. Short track length but huge sound, an instant classic for subwoofer candy: DJ Ride - SMTHINGNEW. Sounds completely awesome when rocking at loud levels.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Okay, this one is pretty extreme even for me. It will melt your face off and you may well be cursed to the pits of hell if you actually like it, but it has deep bass all through it, peppered throughout with some strong bass drops, starting a little over a minute in. I haven't run it through an analyzer but a good bit of it feels subsonic to me, where you feel the pressurization in your eardrums but can't actually hear it. It's deep but isn't blowing my subs out so you can turn his one up a little bit.

Lorna Shore: To The Hellfire

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Okay, this one is pretty extreme even for me. It will melt your face off and you may well be cursed to the pits of hell if you actually like it, but it has deep bass all through it, peppered throughout with some strong bass drops, starting a little over a minute in. I haven't run it through an analyzer but a good bit of it feels subsonic to me, where you feel the pressurization in your eardrums but can't actually hear it. It's deep but isn't blowing my subs out so you can turn his one up a little bit.

While I like it musically I really can't stand that type of "vocalization". Sounds like something my sister would like though. :p

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
While I like it musically I really can't stand that type of "vocalization". Sounds like something my sister would like though. :p
I'm right there with you man. The vocals are just too over the top for me too. It's not even singing and sounds heavily processed to me, to the point it barely sounds like a human. :oops: If they are using heavy processing, then I'd think anyone can sound like that without much effort. Where's the talent in it?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm listening to it again right now. One of his screams sounds like he's coughing up a chicken bone while sticking his head inside a sewer pipe...

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I been away too long... from this thread...

low hanging fruit, but we love him nonetheless...

looked at my Apple Music recommendations and right at the top of the New Release was...

Oh yes, my Droogs... May there be low-freq bliss in your day.

:cool:

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

Wtf…..

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Lol

Lemme guess, you just got to the part where he sounds like he's coughing up a chicken bone while sticking his head in a sewer pipe..?
Lmao. Yes. I believe it started when I pushed the play button.
FWIW, as you know, I do have some very heavy material in my collection. But I just couldn’t get my head around this one. All I could hear was the processing. The bass is fun though!
Btw the organ piece you linked was AWESOME. Shook my guts!!!
And thanks for the Lorn Ryno.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
While I'm not into all of the techno that Shady posts, that's pretty darn cool.
Lorn has a lot of good stuff going back over 4 or 5 albums. He’s found his way into that shadowy gray gritty place we all have in our hearts.
If you like that, definitely check out some of his other stuff. It will not disappoint.
For me, I know the fastest way to get ‘mommed’ by the Lady is to crank some Lorn on my rig.
Nothing helps to settle the foundation like that!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
While I'm not into all of the techno that Shady posts, that's pretty darn cool.
Lol, I don't think I have ever posted an actual techno track! Just because a piece of music was made from electronic instruments does not mean it is techno. Techno is a very specific genre.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Lol, I don't think I have ever posted an actual techno track! Just because a piece of music was made from electronic instruments does not mean it is techno. Techno is a very specific genre.
And on top of that, you launched me on a now almost 2-yr dive into electronica!
While there is a lot I don’t go for, there are some extremely talented cats doing some amazing stuff; some pushing the bounds of serious art music as well as those exploring many vast avenues of the greater Pop universe.
One of my favorites is still the Namlook-Montana Labyrinth series. I even managed to make friends with Lorenzo as I quested for Lab1. Lorenzo’s music is super refreshing and reminded me that Electronica isn’t just dance beats and raves.
So Eppie, don’t be shy! :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis