ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Another stress-ish day... something sweet to maybe help wash it away. :)

The whole album was pretty nice: Far & Off by Aes Dana feat.MikTek

Here's the taste:

Chill Ambient IDM... reminiscent of the Namlook-Montana Labyrinth Series Shady introduced us to a while back. Bass is good... Subtle Infras, perhaps? (not truly subterranean, but I wasn't disappointed when I switched from AirPods to the Rig)... Regardless, a pleasant way to end the day and cleanse the soul a little. :)

Safety and wellness to you all!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Still pursuing distractive entertainment. :) Ended up back at the discography for Sneaker Social Club.

Check out the full album here if interested. :) Otherwise:

These were fun.

Cheers!
Both these tunes are very much influenced by classic jungle and drum'n'bass. The first tune sounds like it came straight out of 1993 jungle when the 'Amen' breaks sample was so widely used. I love that sound and era, so for me, that is a good thing. The second sounds like it could have come a few years later, like '97 or so, on the mellow side of things. I enjoyed both tunes. I used to burn mixes of music like this on disc and just take drives around the city late at night with this type of music to relax. It was bar none the best cure for a headache or any kind of trouble. I kind of miss doing that, but gas got kind of pricey in the 2000's, but now that gas is cheap again, that might be something to consider doing again.

On that note, here is an all-time classic from that era, in nearly every DJ set that you could listen to, LTJ Bukem's 'Atlantis':

M

Mpsafranski

Audioholic
Not sure if it’s ever been noted (search result was 0 so doesn’t appear so) but when I want my whole house to rattle, it’s Temple Caves off of Mickey Hart’s Planet Drum! That whole album is a great test but that track’s got a repeating note that plumbs the depths

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
More Bandcamp IDM... no Lady to tell me to turn it down for the time being. :)

A couple cuts from a Moscow based label, Sealt:

Hope everybody is keeping well!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
One more from Dexta...
I'm going to label it a Guilty Pleasure. Ever since Mike Skinner/The Streets, Original Pirate Material... I've kinda liked the UK, Garage/Two-Step...

Anyway, Bump this up to the point where somebody gon' tell you, "turn it down!" (Like the lady did...) Then turn it up some more!

Cheers, all!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
One more from Dexta...
I'm going to label it a Guilty Pleasure. Ever since Mike Skinner/The Streets, Original Pirate Material... I've kinda liked the UK, Garage/Two-Step...

Anyway, Bump this up to the point where somebody gon' tell you, "turn it down!" (Like the lady did...) Then turn it up some more!

Cheers, all!

Pretty deep bass in that one, nice!

Here is a dubstep tune that also has some deep bass: Truth - The Ark. Really fat and mean sound. Very cool dubstep tune, mellow but at the same time angry.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I just made some audible improvements in my bass response and tickled to see a handful of some new subwoofer candy for me to take on a test run!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Pretty deep bass in that one, nice!

Here is a dubstep tune that also has some deep bass: Truth - The Ark. Really fat and mean sound. Very cool dubstep tune, mellow but at the same time angry.
Yeah there is! Now we're getting into some candy! It gets right on the edge of audibility in a couple of spots. Felt like I was sitting in a massage chair for most of it!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Never before in history has there been a greater need for subwoofer candy. Today's contribution comes from Current Value with this crazy little ditty called 'The Deep' which has interesting percussion. It's a bit experimental, and it makes me want to go re-install Quake 3 to go frag some suckers, but I am probably so rusty that the only one who would get fragged is me.

K

keepr88

Junior Audioholic
Thanks to all! ive been using and playing your posted tracks to much delight. Not sure if this is anyones taste but i figured id contribute.

We control the sound by headhunterz

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
It's been too long since I last posted something in here. I have a crazy little ditty from the vaporwave genre: Subaeris - カオスの街. Don't ask me what that means, I ain't Japanese. It's just a fun song to play loud which has some cool sounding bass. I had to link in the time point in the youtube video since the tune doesn't seem to be hosted as an individual track anywhere. Enjoy!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Here is a wobbly dubstep tune that is crazy enough to get my attention: AUT2M - Die Engel. It is pretty batty as far as dubstep tunes go. A good one to run the subs hot with.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis