Shanman

Shanman

Audioholic
Well, seeing as my sub can't even reproduce the above, I either need hearing aids or a new sub. Much to ask from my 10" though.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
This isn't necessarily going Infra, I don't think...

But I got "Mommed" by the Lady. "Turn it DOWN, please." I think I even got the ISL equivalent as the door creaked open and she asked. :rolleyes: (You know, the metaphysical volume knob being turned.)

Nice album, pretty chill. Great way for me, at least, to unwind after some hard swimming today, and a good amount of work over the week so far.

:)

Turn it up and enjoy!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
This was... juicy. Overall some great stuff on this album. And some fluff. If anybody is in the mood for some more IDM-style stuff... worth checking this cat out:

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Merry Bass-mas people!

This might not win many friends, bumping this during Holiday gathering time...

Album as a whole is... nice... in that spartan, disjointed, bass-heavy, non-danceable way. o_O

Tracks 2 and 5, Dazzle Anew and Deadlock, stand out to me, but again... the whole album is well worth the 47 minutes.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I need to post in this thread more often! Here is another great track from Lorn, the artist for whom good subwoofers were invented. Totally killer use of bass. PLAY IT LOUD! Lorn - Drawn Like an Ache

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
It's time again to return to the classics: DJ Crystl - Crystlize. This is a one of those great high BPM breakbeat jungle tunes that somehow sound relaxing even though it is probably running along at 150 or 160 BPM. This is the kind of music I used to enjoy listening to while driving around back when I took drives just for fun. So much of Jungle music from the '93 to '94 era is just solid gold to my ears.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
This is it, right here, absolutely massive tune: Effin - Uncomfortable. Play it loud, it has an utterly subterranean sound. Brand new recording too; who says they don't make good music anymore? Give your subs a workout! This is some epic dubstep.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
This is it, right here, absolutely massive tune: Effin - Uncomfortable. Play it loud, it has an utterly subterranean sound. Brand new recording too; who says they don't make good music anymore? Give your subs a workout! This is some epic dubstep.
Can’t wait to try this one.

G

Grandzoltar

Full Audioholic
It's time again to return to the classics: DJ Crystl - Crystlize. This is a one of those great high BPM breakbeat jungle tunes that somehow sound relaxing even though it is probably running along at 150 or 160 BPM. This is the kind of music I used to enjoy listening to while driving around back when I took drives just for fun. So much of Jungle music from the '93 to '94 era is just solid gold to my ears.
I remember those days ak1200 Dj Dara

G

Grandzoltar

Full Audioholic
Sounds effin nice on my system.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
You guys... I have some catching up to do in this thread now!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I listened to this one twice. The 2nd time in 5.1 because of the crazy intro. I had poop clicking and clacking all over the room! Fun one for sure!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
These are fun too. Not subterranean bass all the way through the music, but it's really pleasant when they do pop it in there. Very smooth bass.
Yup, very subtle fundamentals, probably not much lower than mid-low 20s when he does, if I had to guess. Much more of a mid-bass fest, but the difference the subs make is significant.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Got sucked into a Bandcamp exploration... hadn't check in for a few minutes over there and just started "Stream-of-Consciousness" listening...

Ended up here:

Pretty cool stuff, decided after the first 9 to just buy the Label Discography!

That said:
Both of these tracks are worthwhile, but the second one is nice. ;) Subtle, but playing where we like it too.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis