S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Got sucked into a Bandcamp exploration... hadn't check in for a few minutes over there and just started "Stream-of-Consciousness" listening...

Ended up here:

Pretty cool stuff, decided after the first 9 to just buy the Label Discography!

That said:
Both of these tracks are worthwhile, but the second one is nice. ;) Subtle, but playing where we like it too.
Really loving that min-Y-Llan tune! The songs from that label are very reminscent of the so-called IDM music from the 90's and early 2000s, which I enjoyed. Good stuff!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Really loving that min-Y-Llan tune! The songs from that label are very reminscent of the so-called IDM music from the 90's and early 2000s, which I enjoyed. Good stuff!
It was a Mick Chillage piece that got me to their page... and I learned of his stuff through the Fax catalog, of course!... Lee Anthony Norris and Autumn Of Communion (Mick & Lee) also have a some offerings in that discography... Metamatics, who I just posted a couple back, also. ;)

Check out the one by Drøn... Another Fax Alumni. :)

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Time to mix it up a little more. Here is some more Dope D.O.D. with dubstep beats from D'n'B legends Black Sun Empire: Black Sun Empire feat. Dope D.O.D. - Refuge. And holy sh!t is this tune massive, it's probably my favorite Dope D.O.D tune., just monstrous sound. Anyone with a pulse will want to crank this one loud. Use this to clean your ears out and kick your subwoofers' ass.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I've posted this one before but it's been a long time and I think we have some new eyes now.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Here is one from the extremely prolific Current Value - Dark Rain. Rapid, heavy, and atmospheric at the same time. This one found its way into a lot of D'n'B mixes in its day. Because it sounds killer.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Time again for some retro synth wave with this groovy bass-laden piece: FrankMusik - Overdrive. Like so much of this retro music, there wasn't anything quite like it back in the actual 1980's. It's paying homage to a mythical age, not one that actually existed. This is the 1980's that existed in someone's imagination. It would have been great if the 1980's had music like this, but they didn't. But hey, I like this imaginary 1980's more, so who cares!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Back to Bandcamp!
Another offering from the Moatun 7 catalog:

The first track, Mandarine, is nice... not the lowest, but has good bass energy and is well worth the listen.
The second track, Lunar Car Quack, is playing in our sweet spot! :cool:
Enjoy!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I just discovered the Octobass!

2016-10-19-1476889288-9555502-octobasse_osm-thumb.jpg

I'm still looking for a good video or sound clip that shows what this thing can really do. 16 hz on the lowest open string! You can really see the frequency wave in the string when it's struck or plucked and even count the oscillations with your eye!

Pretty cool instrument. There are only a couple of actual playable working replicas in existence and one of them resides right here in Phoenix! I doubt they'd let me climb up there and play with it tho... I'm sure most of you have probably heard of it before, but it's a new find for me. I had no idea there was a string bass that played that deep. I'm gonna keep looking for a good recording of one. I found a few on YouTube nothing that did the instrument audible justice.

A little bit on the instrument from a curator:

And a cool little... demo? It gets into low frequencies but not with a lot of authority. I can't tell if it's the recording or if that's just how it performs. I'll bet room size and distance has a major effect on the latter.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Wasn't expecting to be here today, at the candy shop. Was over at Bandcamp and clicked on the wrong link. *blushes
This was the result.
Some serious energy coming out in this one, perhaps not our favorite in-audible foundation settling kind, but snackable! Not my typical stomping ground... little more D&B than I'm in to, but share-worthy nonetheless.
Bon Appetit!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Here is something that is a lot of fun (for certain people anyway): Carpenter Brut - Turbo Killer. Its dark retro synthwave music with an absolutely wild music video. If you are a car enthusiast who likes 1980's aesthetics and also happens to worship the devil, this is solid gold for sure. Some punchy bass in here as well.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Some more random streaming-of-consciousness over at Bandcamp.

This feels like there might be some good subtle low fundamentals. Still not living in the deepest caverns, but wanted to share something for the purpose of distractive entertainment if nothing else. :)

So, a little stripped down grime to thump away a few minutes:

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
This nifty little piece made me think of Shady and his enjoyment of Synth... not delving in to that retro style so much, but again... distractive entertainment. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis