Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
It was cool except that stoopid fukk rappin... it’s no wonder we have mass shootings.
Bill's in a mood today! :p

Nah, I'm right there with you. Rap is not my first choice, nor my second... or third. I might put it above country, tho they both run neck and neck with me. I liked what they did with the bass in that song and some of the synth stuff was cool too (synth is also something I don't normally listen to).

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Honestly, I like the rapping. As for mass shootings, that band is actually Dutch, and the Netherlands don't have any mass shootings that I am aware of.
Yeah but it’s a small world! You found em right?
:neener:

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

Nah, I'm right there with you. Rap is not my first choice, nor my second... or third. I might put it above country, tho they both run neck and neck with me. I liked what they did with the bass in that song and some of the synth stuff was cool too (synth is also something I don't normally listen to).
Lol. Yeah, I guess I am...
I’ll stop posting for a couple hours. Lol
I’m camping until Tuesday so...

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja

Hmm. Can’t say there are many types of music I don’t listen to these days. Just don’t put any church music on my mixtape. LOL :)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Hmm. Can’t say there are many types of music I don’t listen to these days. Just don’t put any church music on my mixtape. LOL :)
Honestly I've been listening to more types of music now partly due to this thread! I always have an ear open for bass heavy tracks to post here.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Honestly I've been listening to more types of music now partly due to this thread! I always have an ear open for bass heavy tracks to post here.
Speaking of bass heavy tracks:

“Legion Inoculant,” one of the bonus tracks, is a short piece of sound design that creates a ghostly atmosphere, with low subsonic bass tones and rising mass of filtered human vocals; it transports listeners, but it never takes us to any specific world for long.

That's a snip from the review of "Fear Inoculum" @j_garcia posted in the Tool thread. Might end up posting at least that one here if measures up. Could just be some flowery wording for the article, but I'll find out.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member

The lyrics in that track are so over-the-top that its hard to take seriously. It's all quite theatrical, especially considering these guys are Dutch.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Here is a great dubstep tune: Sub Antix - Vendetta. I don't remember if I have posted it before, but I ain't searching through 26 pages to find out of I did. Even so, it's worth a repost. Great atmospheric tune with a totally bad-ass bass-line.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Subterranean bass indeed! One of the bonus tracks from Tool's new album.

Legion Inoculant.png

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks for the graph poges. I knew it was deep but didn’t think it was THAT deep lol. It’s pretty sweet with DSU.
I could see my drivers moving slower than what I was feeling/hearing so that's what prompted me to graph it. I wandered around my listening area trying to pick it up, but it's just too low of a frequency to hear. In some spots I think can feel it tho. Kind of like the sensation of being buffeted by the wind. More like pressure in the ears than anything heard.

So of course I plugged both ports on both of my subs, flipped them to eq 1 and turned it up to -5. I sit ~14' from my speakers, so that's cranking it up pretty good. They took it like champs! 5 or 6 plays in a row and fins on back were only warm. My subs will measure pretty flat to 16 hz plugged like that. I didn't turn it up that loud with any ports open tho. It was pretty intense, lol.

I did pure/direct also so my towers were playing full range and took the grille off one of the 8" drivers on the side of the towers so I could watch it while playing that track (might as well be stacking gel pillows in my seat...:p). They weren't as impressive to watch as the Hsus. In fact there really wasn't a ton of excursion, tho they were definitely moving. They handled it well and didn't misbehave but there was nothing below about 30 hz or so. They must roll off pretty steeply after that.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Had to make 5 posts before I could start a thread. I thought this tread was a good one to post a mindless reply.
There used to be a thread just for that purpose....it just made no sense for this thread....

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah, but so many cool subs to look at!
Right? Most people tho k they’re grody, but not me! Some are of course but others, very nice. I’m remember really drooling over the old pc12 plus2. In rosewood! There were others too...

I know you remember these guys. Good times.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Right? Most people tho k they’re grody, but not me! Some are of course but others, very nice. I’m remember really drooling over the old pc12 plus2. In rosewood! There were others too...

I know you remember these guys. Good times.
To be honest, I wasn't really involved with home theater when those subs were out. I know of that model, but wasn't aware of it when it was available.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
To be honest, I wasn't really involved with home theater when those subs were out. I know of that model, but wasn't aware of it when it was available.
Guess I’m older than you James. Lol. I wanted a pair of those in a bad way. My wife did not! I can’t remember anything else that was available at the time that was much, if better.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis