Submit Your Tip of the Day

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
If buying anything online resist the temptation to pay extra for 'expedited, fast, one-day shipping' or whatever they call it. If you return the item for refund you'll eat that expensive shipping charge.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Watch out for rabbit holes. They're all over the place in here!

Bizarro_Stormy

Bizarro_Stormy

Audioholics Whac-A-Mole'er™
As Rick Springfield told me personally, Don't Talk to Strangers...

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
The biggest thing I've learned as of late. Its not all about the watts. It's amazing what my new class D little amp can do with my 2 channel system at 55 watts per channel. I'm learning it's also about the quality that's pushing those watts and the equipment that's driving it.
Also learning how not to crank the volume knob up. Finding that perfect balance of good sound and dynamics without feeling like you gotta max out the volume. Which really usually just sets you up for clipping your reciever and damaging your speakers.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
As Rick Springfield told me personally, Don't Talk to Strangers...

Laughing my a$$ off @ 4:00 AM. I broke out the headphones for that.

"You know he'll only use you up". :D

EDIT: Good luck trying to get that tune out of your head.

Double edit: A tip ... oh, here's a good one. I've said this before but it's timeless:

You can't teach a pig to dance
all it does is piss off the pig
and waste your time

Remember that next time you see a cable thread.

Last edited:
L

Lil klipsch

Junior Audioholic
When starting out in home theater as a hobby. Read about how and where you should spend your money. If your like me and you cant afford everything at once. Johnny cash said it best, I'll get it once piece at a time.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
One should understand „affordable“ as something you can replace or pay to be fixed without braking the bank.

Affordable is not the most expensive product you can afford. Cost of maintenence should be calculated in. If you can't pay for it to be fixed or replace it, you're just on probation and the bad move will come sooner or later.

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
I'm gonna go against the grain here and say spend your money! My late grandpa always said you can't take it with you. And he died with a smile on his face. My last memory of him at the hospital was a big ole smile when a cute nurse walked in and asked everyone to leave the room. My grandpa looked at me and said, "It's bath time!" lol

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
A conical phono cartridge sounds pretty decent with used vinyl. And it is usually less expensive.
Dave

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
I always figure its all dudes in these places lol.

Lego Batman:
"Those guys were so lame. All they did was play space checkers, plus it turns out that hairy one's a dude, and the metal one too, all dudes."

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Yes, I'm a woman. However, the girl in the video is not me. I directed her in the video though. :)
It’s rare with this hobby to find women who enjoy this hobby. Nice to met ya Miss Dawn!
Anyways tell us about the audio/video gear you have in your living room.

Mike

TechHDS

Audioholic General
I always figure its all dudes in these places lol.

Lego Batman:
"Those guys were so lame. All they did was play space checkers, plus it turns out that hairy one's a dude, and the metal one too, all dudes."
Lmao!! I was at my oldest Sons home a few weeks back my grandson has a ton of Lego’s, he’s 6 years old anyways lol started singing that Lego song in the Batman voice he busted out laughing.

PS, that’s him, handsome little man uhu

Mike

Attachments

Last edited:
A

AdrianQ

Audioholic Intern
Learn how to edit a web-page so that everything your wife sees you buy looks real cheap.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis