William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Ok, thx man. Hopefully you took care of your neighbor. You think I’ll gain any advantage if I move the right front one into the right front corner like geddes is suggesting?
Well, I haven’t done a deep dive into geddes so I won’t comment there. I DO however believe in corner loading as it does excite most all room modes at the same time so ideally this increases modal density and can be dealt with by pulling down the peaks. Minidsp is the easiest way I know of, although the curve is steep. Corner loading is also the easiest place to use room gain. So yeah, why not. Iirc from the pics you posted, the left side is open so you have 1 corner loaded in front right, 1 open left front, and 1 quasi near field at the rear. To me with my limited knowledge of geddes work, that sounds like pretty asymmetrical placement.

My room for example. The front two are stuffed into the corners, symmetrical from the LP, but NOT in the house.(can show a picture of you like). The third is in the rear left corner. Ceiling is 9-1/2’ on the left, and 12’ on the right which is actually the half way point across the LR and kitchen. There’s a hallway and a foyer too. So my long way around the point, point IS...
Fukk, idk..

My neighbor is a prick. I big loud mouth bully who stomps around until he gets his way. Not this time! The county gave us all the information needed to shut his fat a$$down. We’ve been in each other’s face for a week. I won’t take his bullshit.

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Well, I haven’t done a deep dive into geddes so I won’t comment there. I DO however believe in corner loading as it does excite most all room modes at the same time so ideally this increases modal density and can be dealt with by pulling down the peaks. Minidsp is the easiest way I know of, although the curve is steep. Corner loading is also the easiest place to use room gain. So yeah, why not. Iirc from the pics you posted, the left side is open so you have 1 corner loaded in front right, 1 open left front, and 1 quasi near field at the rear. To me with my limited knowledge of geddes work, that sounds like pretty asymmetrical placement.

My room for example. The front two are stuffed into the corners, symmetrical from the LP, but NOT in the house.(can show a picture of you like). The third is in the rear left corner. Ceiling is 9-1/2’ on the left, and 12’ on the right which is actually the half way point across the LR and kitchen. There’s a hallway and a foyer too. So my long way around the point, point IS...
Fukk, idk..

My neighbor is a prick. I big loud mouth bully who stomps around until he gets his way. Not this time! The county gave us all the information needed to shut his fat a$$down. We’ve been in each other’s face for a week. I won’t take his bullshit.
Yea the left front is right near the opening on that side, there really isn’t a corner where the left front sits. Left side opens up to the entire rest of basement. I haven’t moved the right front one to corner yet, I will but only thing I don’t like about it is that it moves my towers in closer than they are now. Yes my rear sub sits 4ft behind my second row in the middle, I thought about maybe moving that one to left rear edge of my riser but I’ll probably just leave it where it is. I don’t really have a lot of placement options in that area. Yea send me some pics dude, you ever get atoms installed?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis