Stock Markets, I coulda had a great set of speakers!

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Huge up day yesterday smaller down day today. And Fed rates were lowered. Hold on we may be in for a bumpy ride.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Another rough day on the street. My bond funds and GLD continue to smooth out the ride.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Bonds are nice, definitely helps. GLD?
SPDR GLD ETF. Holds physical gold but pays no interest or dividends. Has gone way up lately due to market fluctuations. Pretty high costs to buy in now but if the market continues to tank who knows?

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
From the Wall Street Journal:

"You know things are bad when the good news in markets is that the financial system seems to be working well enough that people can dump their stocks in a reasonably orderly way. . . .

Here’s where we get what passes for good news: Banks are in decent shape, especially in the U.S., and the plumbing of the markets has been functioning pretty well so far. There’s more stress, but crisis measures such as spreads in foreign-exchange swaps, the onshore versus offshore dollar markets and bank creditworthiness suggest this is nothing like 2008—so far. Markets are harder to trade than they were, but even junk bond trading hasn’t dried up entirely. . . .

In the post-Lehman financial crisis, the credit crunch froze even the money markets, leading to a global shortage of dollars and accelerating bank failures. There is no sign of such problems today. . . .

It is far too early to say that financial failures won’t multiply the troubles investors face, and the market plumbing requires close monitoring. But for now its continued functioning is one of the few bright spots in the gloom. "

I was about to start partying like it's 2008, but I guess I'll have to hold off for now.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
And this morning I woke up to the startling announcement that Saudi Arabia and by extension the Saudi family business, Saudi Aramco, dropped the price of crude in a pissing match with Russia. A barrel of crude plummeted to $36, the lowest since ‘91. So now we have the double-whammy of the near-pandemic and falling oil prices and its anticipated the market will spiral further down. I noticed this morning that the price of gas tumbled locally. Last week it was $2.57 a gallon, today it was $2.42.

Buckle up kids, we're in for a bumpy ride.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Over 2000 points down on the Dow today. Just about to enter bear territory. Haven't had a real bear market in over 10 years. Way overdue.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Over 2000 points down on the Dow today. Just about to enter bear territory. Haven't had a real bear market in over 10 years. Way overdue.
Why are bond funds taking a hit? that would imply that people are moving money out of stocks and bonds.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Why are bond funds taking a hit? that would imply that people are moving money out of stocks and bonds.
From talking to my CPA, quite a few people are getting out of the market all-together right now, fearing shades of the 2008 recesion, and just trasnfering they're funds to a standard banking account. Misguided but understandable.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
My opinion is this is totally unpredictable for the next three months other than a continued downward trend with a best case scenario full recovery more than a year after the election. This is based on China production being hit much harder than the news is reporting, the auto industry is expecting significant impact mostly in Q3 and I’m going to guess that other regional shut downs will have devastating impact on those living paycheck to paycheck and commission employees like myself. These will have felt repercussions for awhile, compounded with an election year and we’re in for a bumpy ride. That said those will cash will have great opportunities to make a lot of money, me personally I’m buying oil and gas with every penny I can find left in my paycheck.

I just reread that and it sound like a Sunday paper horoscope column, hahahaha!

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
My opinion is this is totally unpredictable for the next three months other than a continued downward trend with a best case scenario full recovery more than a year after the election. This is based on China production being hit much harder than the news is reporting, the auto industry is expecting significant impact mostly in Q3 and I’m going to guess that other regional shut downs will have devastating impact on those living paycheck to paycheck and commission employees like myself. These will have felt repercussions for awhile, compounded with an election year and we’re in for a bumpy ride. That said those will cash will have great opportunities to make a lot of money, me personally I’m buying oil and gas with every penny I can find left in my paycheck.

I just reread that and it sound like a Sunday paper horoscope column, hahahaha!
Why oil and gas?

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
From talking to my CPA, quite a few people are getting out of the market all-together right now, fearing shades of the 2008 recesion, and just trasnfering they're funds to a standard banking account. Misguided but understandable.
Bonds aren’t dropping nearly as fast as stocks.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
I have to fend off my wife every day...

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
I have to fend off my wife every day...
Yep, you're right about that. My missus has been bugging me too, every other day it seems too. I wonder if they're related? :D

I'd already taken precautions in February during the trade talks with China/tariff's which helped but at this point it really doesn't matter. Just have to ride this choppy wave to the end.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Why oil and gas?
Oil and gas are predictably cyclical especially during an election year, that combined with the reduction in travel. It’s currently around $30 a barrel, costs double that to get it out of the ground!

Look at SUN for example, it’s down almost 50% in just 2 weeks but still paying 12%-15% dividend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Oil and gas are predictably cyclical especially during an election year, that combined with the reduction in travel. It’s currently around $30 a barrel, costs double that to get it out of the ground!

Look at SUN for example, it’s down almost 50% in just 2 weeks but still paying 12%-15% dividend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
that's actually up from the closing price yesterday, $28. hopefully they come to their senses.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Yep moving to cash it seems. Both my bond and gold funds took a hit today along with stocks.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
My fantasy is that the market drops to zero and I can then personally own every single company on the Forbes 500 list.
My fantasy is becoming more and more realistic every day! (that's my version of gallows humor)

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Am I the only one left in the stock market?
I moved 90% from bonds to Money markets three weeks ago..
Now taking sizeable losses to the 10% that remains In equities. This is worse than most could imagine. I am positive we haven’t hit the bottom and any recovery could be 3-5 years if ever.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis