Stock Markets, I coulda had a great set of speakers!

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
If I could do it, anyone can.
me as well.. i'm recently relegated to burying my money in a coffee can... i know it's not the best way to save , but it beats any viable alternatives i have these days...

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
me as well.. i'm recently relegated to burying my money in a coffee can... i know it's not the best way to save , but it beats any viable alternatives i have these days...
If all of your money fits in a coffee can you have bigger problems than investment alternatives.

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
If all of your money fits in a coffee can you have bigger problems than investment alternatives.
you think that's funny but it's true..i'm on disability suffering from cerebral palsy .. a moderate case ..at least i can talk and walk .. which is better than lots of folks with cp....but , really . i do appreciate the try at humor ... i'm glad my situation is entertaining...

Last edited:
L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
ya you think that would be a burn.. but if you read the above post maybe your opinion may change.. :) btw .. some of them coffee cans hold more than you think...probably more than @Irvrobinson needs to worry about ,, but hey ,, i'm not a comedian.. just a dude trying my darnedest not to end up homeless,,

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
ya you think that would be a burn.. but if you read the above post maybe your opinion may change.. :) btw .. some of them coffee cans hold more than you think...probably more than @Irvrobinson needs to worry about ,, but hey ,, i'm not a comedian.. just a dude trying my darnedest not to end up homeless,,
Read it all, opinion didn’t change. your personal situation notwithstanding, Real estate and the stock market are imho are the easiest ways to build wealth in America.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
you think that's funny but it's true..i'm on disability suffering from cerebral palsy .. a moderate case ..at least i can talk and walk .. which is better than lots of folks with cp....but , really . i do appreciate the try at humor ... i'm glad my situation is entertaining...
I thought you were joking. These forums are for people obsessed with trivialities like audio and HT. Most people here (perhaps me included) have more money than sense. I hope the cp stays manageable.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Lighten up everybody. There's a guy out there that cannot afford internet access or a PC and used to go to the library on the city bus to get online. Then, the COVID-19 pantomime... sorry, pandemic came to town and they closed the f#%kin' libraries. Ok, so some are on disability, some on unemployment, some social security, some got to keep working, some have great retirements and more than a few bitches out there are collecting alimony. They all sound like steady income to me. There are a great many people out there who can't say as much right now. I'm sure there is a guy out there with MS who can't so much as move an eyebrow anymore who would trade what he's got for CP in a heartbeat. So, everybody raise a glass to those less fortunate than yourself and then take a big drink and shut the f#%k up. Ditch that can and look into your local credit union. It's federally insured. :p

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
I thought you were joking. These forums are for people obsessed with trivialities like audio and HT. Most people here (perhaps me included) have more money than sense. I hope the cp stays manageable.
it's all good pards..i have a (so far) manageable case.. as a matter of fact i worked some reasonably physically challenging jobs (like caddying ) for many years.. and i know context is tough online sometimes...stay well , no hard feelings

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Lighten up everybody. There's a guy out there that cannot afford internet access or a PC and used to go to the library on the city bus to get online. Then, the COVID-19 pantomime... sorry, pandemic came to town and they closed the f#%kin' libraries. Ok, so some are on disability, some on unemployment, some social security, some got to keep working, some have great retirements and more than a few bitches out there are collecting alimony. They all sound like steady income to me. There are a great many people out there who can't say as much right now. I'm sure there is a guy out there with MS who can't so much as move an eyebrow anymore who would trade what he's got for CP in a heartbeat. So, everybody raise a glass to those less fortunate than yourself and then take a big drink and shut the f#%k up. Ditch that can and look into your local credit union. It's federally insured. :p
that guy on the bus is me too... :) i'd regale you guys with all the horror stories of life fighting off crazy crackheads on the bus and toting 20 lbs of groceries home on 1 good leg(and arm) from the bus stop ..but maybe someday i'll tell you guys about being the 1st guy ever to be allowed a cart in a USGA event (US am 2002 Oakland Hills) thanks to Casey Martin and the supreme court...

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
The snow, you forgot the part about walking home from the bus stop in the snow. ;)

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Well, I had a 50/50 shot. I figured it was really, really hot or really, really cold. At least tell me I'm right about it being uphill both ways. :p

L

lp85253

Audioholic Chief
Absolutely... And the curbs are 2 feet high..lol..actually my life doesn't suck... My only real issue that is scary is the housing shortage here... That could bite me ... Rent is pretty high here for apts..

Last edited:
T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Yesterday I had a nice pile of LVGO, today I have a similar pile of TDOC and half as much more in cash. Looking back I should have mortgaged my house and bought more LVGO, they published exactly what they were going to do I just didn’t actually believe it until it happened.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Yesterday I had a nice pile of LVGO, today I have a similar pile of TDOC and half as much more in cash. Looking back I should have mortgaged my house and bought more LVGO, they published exactly what they were going to do I just didn’t actually believe it until it happened.
Good call! I never invest in healthcare stocks because I don't know anything about that industry. My loss, apparently.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis