highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I have lost money in both my retirement accounts since January 2 of this year.

Bear or Bull, this is a bunch of bull. Stop with all these loses.
How did it do in the 4 years before Biden and how has it done, historically? Is this the only year it has stunk? If so, maybe stop looking at the short term.

When the market took a crap in '08, the manager of the place where I had kept my accounts told me that nobody had seen it coming. I asked why many of my friends did and they pulled out, even though they didn't work in the financial markets, but he didn't have an answer.

highfigh

highfigh

It's a global issue. Unemployment rate is considered full employment or almost so. ;)
OK, but how many have stopped looking or collecting unemployment? Saying 'full employment' is BS- look at the drastic increase in homelessness and tell me everyone is working. They use their version of the numbers to paint a rosy picture, just like saying "Inflation isn't a problem". Look at the price increases at a grocery store- yeah, it's a big effing problem.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
This year has been better than last year. I lost around 15% in 2022.

Olympicon

Olympicon

Audiophyte
You make some valid points about the job market and the way statistics can be interpreted. It's true that numbers alone don't always tell the full story, especially when we consider factors like people who have stopped actively seeking employment.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

You make some valid points about the job market and the way statistics can be interpreted. It's true that numbers alone don't always tell the full story, especially when we consider factors like people who have stopped actively seeking employment.
If they are not seeking employment, they are not part of that population statistics. When they do, then they will be.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Good for CDs and money markets for us older peeps who don't have to borrow money. My stock funds are up, my bond funds are way down, and my cash funds are up. Stay diversified. :)

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Personally, for me I'd like interest rates to stay up so my money markets and cds keep making $$. However, if it really starts to hurt the economy, I can see the need to start reducing rates.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis