Cjamrr

Cjamrr

Audioholic
Are you using one ATI AT3005 amp to the LCR SV-831/1212N, since your amp is 5 channel.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Are you using one ATI AT3005 amp to the LCR SV-831/1212N, since your amp is 5 channel.
Actually right now I am using just a Denon X3100 AVR to power the two SV-831 and a single SA-500DSP to power the two SV-1212N (in series).

I use the ATI AT2005 to Power the five SX-T1/R and the AT3005 to power the five SX-1010N in my theater room.

Cjamrr

Cjamrr

Audioholic
I see how you have it set up now. That must be one heck of a sound system you have.
I’m still learning about the tech stuff.
So, help me understand this, out of all four
SV-1212’s. What are you hearing that’s different from each other. My JL Audio E112 seems to do great for movies but not much for music, especially when playing records.

Cjamrr

Cjamrr

Audioholic
The sub of choice for myself would be the SV-1212N or NR with the amp you recommend. It’s a bummer I can’t find anywhere to demo RBH.

Whats your opinion on the speakers “Tekton Design Double Impacts” from Utah.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I see how you have it set up now. That must be one heck of a sound system you have.
I’m still learning about the tech stuff.
So, help me understand this, out of all four
SV-1212’s. What are you hearing that’s different from each other. My JL Audio E112 seems to do great for movies but not much for music, especially when playing records.
SV1212N, SV1212NR, SV1212P, SV1212PR.

The Reference (R) version would be able to handle a lot more power (2400W vs 500W).

If we were to push them to crazy levels, the Reference would have less distortion and more output than the standard version.

But I think for most of us who don’t drive them to insane levels, I doubt if we could hear the difference.

The Powered (P) version just has built-in sub amps like 99% of the subs out there. The Non-powered (N) version doesn’t have an amp inside. But if both were driven by the same power or same levels, you won’t hear any difference.

As for subs playing music vs movies, that’s up for debate like amps vs amps. :D

Some audiophiles believe that all amps sound different and have different “synergy” for certain speakers and Woofers.

For example, some audiophiles believe that high-end amps make their $30,000 Towers’s woofers sound more MUSICAL, cleaner, tighter, faster, more impactful, etc.

Yet, these same audiophiles are willing to accept plate amps to power their Subwoofers.

Are we to assume that they don’t care as much for their Subwoofers as they care for the Woofers in the tower speakers?

Maybe that’s why their Subwoofers just don’t sound as “ musical” as the Woofers in their towers - they don’t use the same high-end amps to power their Subwoofers. Maybe if they used the same amps for their Subwoofers as for their towers, the bass in their Subwoofers might sound more musical. LOL. :D

Am I the only person in the world who uses a $5,000 amp to power my Subwoofers? :D

Am I crazy to treat my Subwoofers like I treat my speakers?

I believe in equality - no discrimination in my house. ;):D

Last edited:
Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
SV1212N, SV1212NR, SV1212P, SV1212PR.

The Reference (R) version would be able to handle a lot more power (2400W vs 500W).

If we were to push them to crazy levels, the Reference would have less distortion and more output than the standard version.

But I think for most of us who don’t drive them to insane levels, I doubt if we could hear the difference.

The Powered (P) version just has built-in sub amps like 99% of the subs out there. The Non-powered (N) version doesn’t have an amp inside. But if both were driven by the same power or same levels, you won’t hear any difference.

As for subs playing music vs movies, that’s up for debate like amps vs amps. :D

Some audiophiles believe that all amps sound different and have different “synergy” for certain speakers and Woofers.

For example, some audiophiles believe that high-end amps make their $30,000 Towers’s woofers sound more MUSICAL, cleaner, tighter, faster, more impactful, etc.

Yet, these same audiophiles are willing to accept plate amps to power their Subwoofers.

Are we to assume that they don’t care as much for their Subwoofers as they care for the Woofers in the tower speakers?

Maybe that’s why their Subwoofers just don’t sound as “ musical” as the Woofers in their towers - they don’t use the same high-end amps to power their Subwoofers. Maybe if they used the same amps for their Subwoofers as for their towers, the bass in their Subwoofers might sound more musical. LOL. :D
audiophiles are a funny bunch. totally dedicated and usually totally fooled.
usually, I think most of the AH folks avoid the eccentricities of the hobby while getting most of the joy.
I'm with you: I love how it sounds. If I can't hear an audible difference, is there a difference?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The sub of choice for myself would be the SV-1212N or NR...
That would be my unequivocal choice.

Whats your opinion on the speakers “Tekton Design Double Impacts” from Utah.
Never heard them. But I’ve heard plenty of big passive towers with big Woofers that don’t allow you to actively control the bass., which is not my “identity”.

Cjamrr

Cjamrr

Audioholic
Sorry AcuDefTechGuy, couldn’t find a RBH speaker to listen too. Although my stereo store near me sold me a pair of Kanta No. 2 floor demo for a price I could never beat anywhere. Still wish I could have heard RBH. Now I’m looking for an amp, leaning towards the anthem MCA 325. Any comments on amps, would greatly appreciate.

Cjamrr

Cjamrr

Audioholic
I’m thinking the Anthem MCA325 for my fronts and center should be a nice match for new speakers. My center speaker is Focal chorus CC700 (25-200 watts) and fronts are Kanta no 2 (40-300 watts)

Would it be cool to have 3 channel amp for fronts or 2 channel amp just for music?

Also I’m looking at the ATI amps that AcuDefTechGuy mentioned, help me understand which of the models of ATI Amps to choose from for Kanta No. 2. I don’t see a 3 channel amp from ATI. So it would be a 2 channel for music only.

My stereo is Onkyo tx rz 1100 and have 5.1 setup.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
audiophiles are a funny bunch. totally dedicated and usually totally fooled.
most that I have met aren't all that funny, strange perhaps .......

If I can't hear an audible difference, is there a difference?
possibly, but you'll probably never know ......

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I will put in a for the cantons. I have the Vento 890.2. Got them from accessories 4less. Very nice. Build quality is as good as I have ever seen. I have the cherry finish and are nicer than any furniture I have ever owned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How do you like the Vento center? I saw you had one in an older post. I have the 820.2 bookshelf and have been looking at the Vento center.

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
It is very nice. Matches up perfectly with my towers. I do cross it a little higher than my towers but it is nice. I have it in the piano black

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
No complaints dialogue and music if does great with

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
I think I have it at 90. But mainly because I run it for music a lot and generally have cranked up. Just to be safe. I’ve never gotten any distortion from it and the little drivers can really jump

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I think I have it at 90. But mainly because I run it for music a lot and generally have cranked up. Just to be safe. I’ve never gotten any distortion from it and the little drivers can really jump

On the towers, I may look at those or the next newer model after I save up for my theater room. Do they have any low end or pretty much just relying on the sub? What type of sub(s) do you run?

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
They have a ton of low end! I still cross them and run DIY dual 15” ultimax kits. I think I cross them at 60. But once again just to be safe! I can’t measure them but expect they get down to at least 30 hz maybe a little lower.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
They have a ton of low end! I still cross them and run DIY dual 15” ultimax kits. I think I cross them at 60. But once again just to be safe! I can’t measure them but expect they get down to at least 30 hz maybe a little lower.

Cool thanks! :)

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
You will want an amp to drive them. I believe a tricky 4 ohm load for a receiver. I got gen 1 emotive xpa3 on the front stage.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis