SONY XBR55X810C Looks horrible when on cable .

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
Great you got decent photos!

Just for testing, can you plug in your Roku unit directly to the modem via the yellow 2.5 G Ethernet port and still have the Roku connected to the Sony TV? If there is no signal on the Roku after a minute or so, you will have to reboot the modem for it to assign an IP address to the Roku which will allow it to connect to the Web.

You may want to to plug your computer directly into the Modem and run a speed test first. That will prove if you are getting the agreed to speed your Mom pays for.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Great you got decent photos!

Just for testing, can you plug in your Roku unit directly to the modem via the yellow 2.5 G Ethernet port and still have the Roku connected to the Sony TV? If there is no signal on the Roku after a minute or so, you will have to reboot the modem for it to assign an IP address to the Roku which will allow it to connect to the Web.

You may want to to plug your computer directly into the Modem and run a speed test first. That will prove if you are getting the agreed to speed your Mom pays for.
I can try it and bring the roku in The other room and it hook it to there tv too see if router is getting 100mgb , it won’t mess up the settings?
Maybe the router is weakening the signal.
The yellow cable won’t reach the pc. I doubt my parents will call spectrum and say we’re not getting 100mb.

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
I can try it and bring the roku in The other room and it hook it to there tv too see if router is getting 100mgb , it won’t mess up the settings?
Maybe the router is weakening the signal.
The yellow cable won’t reach the pc.
The color of the cable is arbitrary. Use the LAN cable you found to connect to Modem to the Roku. It may be the router is at fault. None of the settings should be messed up.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
The color of the cable is arbitrary. Use the LAN cable you found to connect to Modem to the Roku. It may be the router is at fault. None of the settings should be messed up.
So unhook the router and plug the yellow cable into the roku I can do that. Does it matter which roku I use I have a premier + also so I don’t gotta unhook my ultra .

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
Won't the LAN cable you have already connected to the Roku Ultra reach the modem? The concept is to use the equipment you are using to feed the Sony TV to test signal coming in. You don't want to introduce another variable to the equation.

Did you plug your computer directly into the Modem and run a speed test first? If so how did it go?

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Won't the LAN cable you have already connected to the Roku Ultra reach the modem? The concept is to use the equipment you are using to feed the Sony TV to test signal coming in. You don't want to introduce another variable to the equation.

Did you plug your computer directly into the Modem and run a speed test first? If so how did it go?
I can do that , it just shuts the router out for a few minutes good plan. Then I’ll run a connection test sweep. Why doesn’t the router have Ethernet ports ??? CHeap spectrum

Last edited:
Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai

Didn’t get any connection directly from modem , but got connected through router only . I’m getting less megs with the monoprice cable but isn’t it better?
Both cables look the same mono is brand new other one is old .
A235202F-05C9-4061-A60B-5D3CC92432C5.jpeg
820388DA-3863-4CBA-B602-7BE08BBF3FC8.jpeg
35803828-24B2-4344-9793-4235CA49F026.jpeg

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
Didn’t get any connection directly from modem , but got connected through router only . I’m getting less megs with the monoprice cable but isn’t it better?
Both cables look the same mono is brand new other one is old .
View attachment 60069View attachment 60070View attachment 60071
As I said before, for the short distances, & throughput involved, your old or new cables will not make any difference. By connecting it the way you have doesn't eliminate the potential Router problem. It serves absolutely no purpose. You need to connect directly to the modem.

When I searched against "es2251 modem specs" one of the things that came up was Spectrum Advanced Voice Modem User Guide .

Under Reseting the Modem
Front Panel:
Reset:
Use the reset button to either reboot (power cycle) the modem or reset the device to factory default settings. When the reset button is pressed and held for 4 to 10 seconds, the device will reboot (power cycle).

This should cause the modem to assign an IP address to the connected device (Computer or Roku in your case.) Further down in the Guide under:

LED Behavior, there's a table.

Beside Ethernet (Internet) Left Status Light is says: Green Amber then it says

• On Amber – An Ethernet Device is Connected at 2500 Mbps (2.5G)
  • Off – An Ethernet Device is Connected at 100 Mbps

Beside Ethernet (Internet) Right Status Light is says: Amber then it says
  • On Amber – Data is Being Passed Between the EU2251 and the Connected Device
  • Off – No link is established

So after connecting directly to the modem, and then rebooting the modem, pay attention it's Right Status Light. It should turn on (Amber) when you have a good connection. Ignore the Left Status Light as it will be off as the connection speed will be 100 Mbps.

Don't rely on the Roku's Connection Speed description of Good at 67 Mbps to influence you. Your picture from the Spectrum App still sucks and it needs more. If you can't get this sorted, maybe call your ISP (Spectrum) and get them to work on it.

I hope this is helpful.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
As I said before, for the short distances, & throughput involved, your old or new cables will not make any difference. By connecting it the way you have doesn't eliminate the potential Router problem. It serves absolutely no purpose. You need to connect directly to the modem.

When I searched against "es2251 modem specs" one of the things that came up was Spectrum Advanced Voice Modem User Guide .

Under Reseting the Modem
Front Panel:
Reset:
Use the reset button to either reboot (power cycle) the modem or reset the device to factory default settings. When the reset button is pressed and held for 4 to 10 seconds, the device will reboot (power cycle).

This should cause the modem to assign an IP address to the connected device (Computer or Roku in your case.) Further down in the Guide under:

So after connecting directly to the modem, and then rebooting the modem, pay attention it's Right Status Light. It should turn on (Amber) when you have a good connection. Ignore the Left Status Light as it will be off as the connection speed will be 100 Mbps.

Don't rely on the Roku's Connection Speed description of Good at 67 Mbps to influence you. Your picture from the Spectrum App still sucks and it needs more. If you can't get this sorted, maybe call your ISP (Spectrum) and get them to work on it.

I hope this is helpful.
So if I reset the modem and maybe the router I should get more megs yeah , if I can’t fix it I hope I can convince the parents to call spectrum why pay for 100meg and get 60-68.. I’d need a splitter to connect it to the modem the router runs all the Wi-Fi devices . Can’t hook two Ethernets out of the modem.
Netflix looks far better on less megs for some reason . Spectrum app terrible, which is supposedly supposed to be 720 it looks 480i blew up to 720

Last edited:
Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai

Under Reseting the Modem
Front Panel:
Reset:

I hope this is helpful.
I reset everything , can’t get the modem to connect directly to the roku . I’m not sure why , still getting poor connection swinging from 50s to 67 or so Megs..
C66C674A-FE1F-40AB-9813-5F594A3A22D2.jpeg
D4C5A6E2-A71D-4EAA-9D2E-3950E65A8C79.jpeg
CF5492B3-6B5A-4EBE-9C5C-5BB9EEFDF0C8.jpeg

Last edited:
Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai

Under Reseting the Modem
Front Panel:
Reset:

I hope this is helpful.
I manually reset it as you suggested I got a low Meg reading, went from 35 to 91 so it’s working a lot better after reset . That’s still around 63 average because both readings are after reset.
5733D8D8-43C3-4AA9-AACA-F7692A0C0601.jpeg
36F9A7C7-F6FB-4E50-A9C5-2E9AAA62E1B4.jpeg

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Spectrum still looks like garbage I gotta turn all settings including brightness near max to try and fix the washed I’m out images . No clarity on edges either.. bad shading .
These pics look better on my phone then the tv does .
4D8EC8F0-CED6-4D2B-B746-7B91C4D2CD46.jpeg
6383DE5F-C25D-4276-884B-33C2C44CD410.jpeg
2A72446D-3D1E-44FC-AE1B-1F221DCFFEDE.jpeg
381E9725-DCCB-4971-A9BE-1A1127C60589.jpeg

Last edited:
Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Absolutely dreadful and how can a cable company stand by this product?
96A45B80-6160-41CC-BE74-05401E5C54EE.jpeg
C703D3F4-A3B5-46EA-9024-A5BC75F51E05.jpeg
295E6A02-4705-4C0C-937B-64D105ACAACC.jpeg
CC3E1243-BE18-42D8-9EDE-137F9C47F5FE.jpeg
322622EB-3B48-445E-A5ED-063256D2F466.jpeg

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
You need to connect the Roku directly to the modem and eliminate the Router from the test. Then advise results.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai

I got 87 mega bytes in one test.
Yeah I might return my regular monoprice Ethernet cable anyways it doesn’t seem any quicker then my no branded cable .
E79FC3EC-9475-4567-9EA3-98D926B2BF3A.jpeg

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis