Sony 4K UBP-X700 issues

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Just a note guys, I been researching 4K players All Day! :mad: Panasonic LG Sony All of them from top to bottom from 150 bucks to the mac daddy Panasonic you know the one for 1k, yep even that one has reviews of freezing up and they gotta pull the plug to get it out of the loop. I checked Crutchfield, Amazon, Walmart. Now many reviews are saying as good as it gets, so it does seem to be Global issue with all of them freezing up, Won't read 4K disc or Skipping and so on. My last great LG blu-ray player I paid 50 bucks plus tax lasted over 3 year with no issues what so ever. I'm almost sorry I got into the 4K thing, but dam the Picture is gorgeous with 4K disc so I'm hooked.:confused:

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Off work today. 15-20 min job. Unscrew the 3 screws on back and off you go. I sprayed the inside dust before closing it up. Only thing left to do is clean the Sony and use a black magic marker on the holes and thats it. Pics for hungry eyes! I glued some furniture heights on the bottom. Came out great! ;) I drilled the holes separately on the grey part and black part FYI.
2F694631-612C-4649-8CFD-DF6991A9026C.jpeg
F81E2792-D0CB-4DFF-9047-C8552EECB875.jpeg

022E9A38-2631-46E0-B3E3-118573348E97.jpeg

E11EBF0F-6682-4BEF-9A57-6A0212D79D11.jpeg
59B9B976-ACC7-458C-97ED-6FA78158F00E.jpeg

B7B82BE4-1312-4E05-999F-309E92CB3DFB.jpeg
A3E562C2-9520-45AC-B314-AC3F46A3E678.jpeg

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Off work today. 15-20 min job. Unscrew the 3 screws on back and off you go. I sprayed the inside dust before closing it up. Only thing left to do is clean the Sony and use a black magic marker on the holes and thats it. Pics for hungry eyes! I glued some furniture heights on the bottom. Came out great! ;) I drilled the holes separately on the grey part and black part FYI.
View attachment 42010View attachment 42011
View attachment 42013
View attachment 42012View attachment 42016
View attachment 42014View attachment 42015
Sony should've put a fan inside. look at that big heat sink. I believe the 800 has one.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Sony should've put a fan inside. look at that big heat sink. I believe the 800 has one.
They also had hole pre done as well on one side but no holes on the blacks sides weird. The guys are happy and so am I.
CE8FFCEF-EDA0-4F80-8AC2-F25DE336CA60.jpeg

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Do remember my other blu-ray player would get warm from long use. I'd play music cds all night. I guess them beams get hot

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Do remember my other blu-ray player would get warm from long use. I'd play music cds all night. I guess them beams get hot
Yeah my Oppo got real hot the other day playing sacd and I added furniture feet on it as well to get better air flow.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Put my oppo back into service yesterday. Issues with image flicker. Oppo Digital worked with me for hours last night but we couldn't solve the problem. They sent me a firmware update that I think was mislabeled and wasn't what it was supposed to be. Can't believe anybody was around to help me with a BDP83 at this point. Those guys are awesome.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Put my oppo back into service yesterday. Issues with image flicker. Oppo Digital worked with me for hours last night but we couldn't solve the problem. They sent me a firmware update that I think was mislabeled and wasn't what it was supposed to be. Can't believe anybody was around to help me with a BDP83 at this point. Those guys are awesome.
Those where as good as it got for players, I should've jumped on one when they where out.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, I was very impressed with it when I took it out of the box. Still have the box and oppo tote bag. Chipped it for all region play back in the day.

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General
I was looking at the Sony UBP-X800M2 and comparing it to the $500 Sony ES UBP-X1100ES. Apparently, the only difference is the 1100 has RCA audio outs and a Toslink out. Neither of these is important. ;)

The Sony UBP-X800M2 has a larger base, better cooling and a few more features than the Sony UBP-X700. It's on sale today for $198.00 which seems like a great price. I'm going to try it out.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
My Sony X700 had a heat issue on the bottom when it would play sitting on a wood surface. After 45min to an hour playback would start to freeze up on 4k movies.

I unscrewed the front panels from two FirmTek eSATA trays and turned them over so the open top was facing up and placed them directly under the Sony X700. The two trays become a 1" pedestal that elevate the bottom of the X700 so it's completely open to air underneath the player. That was enough to keep my Sony X700 cool and I never experienced a freeze since. The Sony X700 offers nice 4K playback and sounds great as an audio CD player.

View attachment 40451

I had one of my BD players directly on top of my AVR and the BD player would freeze up from overheating. I put it on a pair of 1x2 strips of wood to create an air gap. It seemed to help quite a bit.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
So this is what I get for saying my 700 has been largely trouble free. Bitch froze up last night at random.....
Simple power cycle fixed per usual but still...duuuummmm
What a coincidence, I had the same issue with my wife last night!

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Ok I believe I found what the issue is with the X700, for streaming anyways. It will loose the internet connection intermittently. For some reason on mine anyways I have to go back into settings and rerun internet connection.

M

MTVhike

Audioholic Intern
How is streaming related to disc performance (re: your first post)?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis