Solid silver vs stock Audeze LCD 3 cables

Pedro Alvarado

Pedro Alvarado

Full Audioholic
You guys here in AH forums must be the most patient bunch there is. You’re always willing to go through a couple of pages about wires even if it’s for the hundredth time.

I simply must react; I find it so funny I simply must react.

I don’t mean to offend anyone, but from what I read, this Pedro Alvarado, for one reason or the other, seems to believe that there is such a thing as second hand experience and that watching a YouTube video clip constitutes such an experience. It’s just too funny.

First of all it looks like a contradictio in adjecto. Either it is an experience or someone merely told you about it. What would be a second hand experience? Can anyone here tell me? Perhaps if I’m telling you about some scary sh... I went through and you felt fear. But even then, it’s not second hand, it is your genuine and original reaction to what I’m telling you.

Furthermore, it appears to me that this guy confuses YouTube video clips with reality. From what he’s saying it would seem that he saw a guy who presented himself as just a “guy comparing cables” and Pedro Alvarado is convinced. He now knows that this must be just a guy comparing cables.

I would give anything to see a James Bond movie with this guy. From what he demonstrated, he probably thinks that there is this guy who is out there, constantly in the thick of it risking his life to preserve the world order and give it a more humane character (oh, and as of lately, this guy does a thing or two to improve the relations between UK and US).

It must be true because Pedro Alvarado saw a newsreel in a theatre. The guy says his name is Bond, James Bond, so it must be true. And Mr. Alvarado noticed that this same guy appears in some other newsreels and then he says his name is something different, but Mr. Alvarado knows that this is just a cover. It is his false identity so that nobody would figure out he is “just a guy saving the world”.
yet another troll providing no useful input, enjoy

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
@Pedro Alvarado
Going on a hissy fit crusade pulling the „dumb“ trigger is usually frowned upon. Especially if you do it while being dumb. One is advised to at least have the patience and wait until his targeted member actually writes something dumb and then properly uses the emoticon.

The fact that every each one of your posts could be marked with such an emoticon is not other members' fault. Also, since you've only received a few, from what I can see, you should be gratefull and appreciative of the inclusive nature of this forum where even you can write something and some experienced people will take away from their time and try to make you understand.

Of course, I'm not talking about myself. Call me a cynic, but when someone writes he's a believer because he saw a YouTube video clip, I „jump to conclusion“ and conclude it is too late for him.

Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
Why do you think that a 14 gauge silver wire wouldn't have the same cross-section area as a 14 AWG copper wire?
A 6% tolerance would be tight in wires for the same market.
A few years ago a magazine tested 12AWG speaker cables and found values all over the place.
There is no universal rule requiring very different wire types to meet the ASTM minimum circular MIL area spec.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
A 6% tolerance would be tight in wires for the same market.
A few years ago a magazine tested 12AWG speaker cables and found values all over the place.
There is no universal rule requiring very different wire types to meet the ASTM minimum circular MIL area spec.
Was it a reliable magazine like Audioholics or Sound & Vision? A lot of bullshit and unreliable info is published in most A/V magazines.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
if i can gain a 6% + return on anything then sign me up because that is not an illusion and if you do not see that then you are dellusional
If you want more than a 6% return, just jump to the next fatter copper cable, almost a 100% gain at less cost. But, in the end, it is your $$$$. Enjoy your illusions.

Pedro Alvarado

Pedro Alvarado

Full Audioholic
@Pedro Alvarado
Going on a hissy fit crusade pulling the „dumb“ trigger is usually frowned upon. Especially if you do it while being dumb. One is advised to at least have the patience and wait until his targeted member actually writes something dumb and then properly uses the emoticon.

The fact that every each one of your posts could be marked with such an emoticon is not other members' fault. Also, since you've only received a few, from what I can see, you should be gratefull and appreciative of the inclusive nature of this forum where even you can write something and some experienced people will take away from their time and try to make you understand.

Of course, I'm not talking about myself. Call me a cynic, but when someone writes he's a believer because he saw a YouTube video clip, I „jump to conclusion“ and conclude it is too late for him.

HA HA, you are funny killdozer. you say "I" am the one with the hissy? all i did was use a emoticon that is clearly there for us to use and i did. now, the one who is throwing the hissy fir it "YOU". did you get your feeling hurt by my use of the emoticon on your post boo hoo. it is not a crusade against you.

none of my posts are dumb. they are my opinion that's all. now, mentioning james bond and newsreels, well, that is dumb. it has nothing to do with the original post nor does it have any useful info.

i have no reason to doubt anything written here. if you say you heard a difference who am i to say otherwise. the op said he heard a difference and i mentioned that he is not the only one. to me that is not dumb. well, according to you if i believe what he wrote then then i am dumb for believing it just as i did on the video on youtube. by that train of thought (yours) i should not believe anything you write since it will be that same as watching a newsreel or comparing it to james bond (again your words)

i still think you are a troll not contributing any useful info
If you want more than a 6% return, just jump to the next fatter copper cable, almost a 100% gain at less cost. But, in the end, it is your $$$$. Enjoy your illusions.

Pedro Alvarado

Pedro Alvarado

Full Audioholic
you are saying that a 6% return is an illusion? ok, got it.

Pedro Alvarado

Pedro Alvarado

Full Audioholic
That sounds a little self analytical and most times that's usually just a case of low self esteem but here it may be good common sense.
nope, my self esteem is just fine. i'm just pointing out an obvious troll with no useful input on the subject of the original post.

B

Beave

Audioholic Chief
It merely refers to conductivity difference. Doesn't mean much.
Exactly. Think of the 6% difference this way: The original copper cable introduced no audible changes, so 6% better than no difference is still no difference.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
you are saying that a 6% return is an illusion? ok, got it.
No, you don't get it. You get returns on investments not a 6% decrease in resistance. Certainly not in a cable resistance. Just increase copper cable size and get much more and still not audible.

Pedro Alvarado

Pedro Alvarado

Full Audioholic
Exactly. Think of the 6% difference this way: The original copper cable introduced no audible changes, so 6% better than no difference is still no difference.
"...6% better than no difference is still no difference..." really?!

6% better is 6% better, not no difference

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
"...6% better than no difference is still no difference..." really?!

6% better is 6% better, not no difference
That difference can easily be made up by the gauge of the wire utilized. For the 6% difference in electrical conductivity, you'll pay much more for the silver wire. Your money.

B

Beave

Audioholic Chief
You know what has MORE than 6% improved conductivity compared to 16 gauge copper wire?

Answer: It's 14 gauge copper wire.

You know what has MORE than 6% improved conductivity compared to 14 gauge copper wire?

Answer: It's 12 gauge copper wire.

You know what has MORE than 6% improved conductivity compared to 12 gauge copper wire?

Answer: It's 10 gauge copper wire.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis