Simple 12" Infinity Kappa VQ MidQ Plans

A

armstrr

Junior Audioholic
how is the quality as compared to the rythmik drivers?

i just read your sub review thread...wow! are you thinking of trying out the 12vq build to compare? i'm sure you would do it in pairs or quads!!! yikes!

Matt34

Matt34

yes, I know, I'm way way too busy in other (non audio related) arenas now.... :p
This will be the last change for a long while now. I've been pushing my luck with the wife lately on all this audio stuff.;)

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
This will be the last change for a long while now. I've been pushing my luck with the wife lately on all this audio stuff.;)
Aha.... go for it while you have the timeslot open......

The latest I heard on my side was sth like....
Harald, you just deal with the technology and make it all work, we need music in all rooms of our house

Still not getting to that because of other things to do, but this could be nice ;)
But soon soon I hope.....

Interested to hear how your sub's are going....

Matt34

Matt34

Aha.... go for it while you have the timeslot open......

The latest I heard on my side was sth like....
Harald, you just deal with the technology and make it all work, we need music in all rooms of our house

Still not getting to that because of other things to do, but this could be nice ;)
But soon soon I hope.....

Interested to hear how your sub's are going....
The enclosures have a good chance of being done this weekend. I need to place an order with Parts Express and get some odds and ends. Plus I'm still looking for some Rockwool.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
The enclosures have a good chance of being done this weekend. I need to place an order with Parts Express and get some odds and ends. Plus I'm still looking for some Rockwool.
Yes, the rockwool part I got :p
I cannot read all the pages of this thread :eek:

Are you using the original plans from the start of this thread?

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
WooHoo. Found an "as new" Europower EP2500 near me that I'll pick up on Saturday. :)

Matt34

Matt34

Yes, the rockwool part I got :p
I cannot read all the pages of this thread :eek:

Are you using the original plans from the start of this thread?

Yes, I just printed out the CAD drawings and demensions. My builder is going to roundover all the edges including the port openings and flushmount the sub like how Haoleb did with a double pane front.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Yes, I just printed out the CAD drawings and demensions. My builder is going to roundover all the edges including the port openings and flushmount the sub like how Haoleb did with a double pane front.
just wonder, how much do you have to pay this builder.... to make these cabinets, and my apologies if you have already answered this before.....

As you told me, I'm not as sharp now.....

Matt34

Matt34

just wonder, how much do you have to pay this builder.... to make these cabinets, and my apologies if you have already answered this before.....

As you told me, I'm not as sharp now.....
$400 out the door for them, much better than other quotes I've recieved.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
That is only 2.5lb/ft^3 you would ideally want 8lb/ft^3. Don't forget OC705 will work as well in fact 703 will work if you can't find 705.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis