Should Scotland gain independance?

Should Scotland become independant?

• Total voters
stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Mr.B,

Just had an excellent thought: Run for PM, I'm sure all us Audioalcoholics will vote for you, cheers!:D

Buckle-meister

Audioholic Field Marshall
stratman said:
Just had an excellent thought: Run for PM, I'm sure all us Audioalcoholics will vote for you...
Nah, I'd have to lie then.

On a separate note, what does it mean when you can't see the name of the person who voted No? The poll was setup as an open poll. :confused: I'd say that perhaps it could be a moderator, but I see Rob Babcock's name is visible so it can't be that.

'Always liked that guy Rob Babcock. :D

M

Mort Corey

Senior Audioholic
Buckle-meister said:
I wouldn't have thought so. What would be the point? A monarch would only be a figure head; government would still make the decisions.
The point? Why tourism, of course ;) (Gotta have some other selling point besides the worlds finest single malt whiskey.) And since you're not describing liberty, as "government would still make all the decisions", why not a monarch and save all that unnecessary overhead? You might become the first Sir B :D

Mort

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
I say no to independence but there should be a Stuart on the throne! Off with the Prince's head!

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
I was being humorous. The Scots are entitled to whatever they want. For a long time they have wished for the Stuart (think king JamesI and II and Charles I and II) line to recover the English throne. Whoever has a claim from this line is certainly as qualified as the Windsors are. Charles II you may recall lost his melon at the end of the Stuart era.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Very interesting, I want to see how it's going to be played out. Go Scotland.

Buckle-meister

stratman said:
I want to see how it's going to be played out.
I read the other day that historically, as elections approach support wanes for the SNP which I can easily see being the case here. The cynical part of me doubts that independance'll happen. :(

It's that old thing where folk support something in principle but when it comes to the crunch they chicken out; :mad: in this case probably because of fears sown by the other parties opposed to independance.

We'll see...

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Buckle-meister said:
I read the other day that historically, as elections approach support wanes for the SNP which I can easily see being the case here. The cynical part of me doubts that independance'll happen. :(

It's that old thing where folk support something in principle but when it comes to the crunch they chicken out; :mad: in this case probably because of fears sown by the other parties opposed to independance.

We'll see...
Look how long it took some of Caribbean islands to get their independence from the crown. You're right folks chicken out when the pressure gets high.:(

S

sploo

Full Audioholic
BM mate, I can't believe I didn't see this thread earlier!

Got to keep these yanks happy you know, they always expect an English baddie in a film about Scots* :D

So... yes, I fully support Scottish independance - I vote we get a bloody big angle grinder and cut the the lot off (nice guideline already provided by the Romans of course). Then we just need to use some tugs to drag it somewhere appropriate, I'm thinking just off the coast of Greenland :p.

BTW I will be supporting the need for Scots to require visas to enter England, though I won't be taxing whiskey imports.

* Especially when the Scots are played by Australians

Buckle-meister

sploo said:
...I can't believe I didn't see this thread earlier!
Ha! I wondered if/when you'd make an appearance! :D :)

sploo said:
...I fully support Scottish independance - I vote we get a bloody big angle grinder and cut the the lot off...Then we just need to use some tugs to drag it somewhere appropriate, I'm thinking just off the coast of Greenland...
No need. The upper half of Scotland's separating from the rest (Great Glen Fault running the length of Loch Ness) and as noted previously, the lower half's always been more wedded to England. ;)

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Buckle-meister said:
the lower half's always been more wedded to England. ;)
No wonder...the way you skirt around with those kilts and all! ;)

I'm all for the independence of Scotland...provided they supply us Yanks with an endless supply of that 27 year old Talisker reserve (at no more than $30.00 a bottle)!

And although the UK has been the most powerful European union over the past few centuries, why not allow subdivision? If the pieces can retain much of the strength as the whole...why not?

Cheers to the Meister!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis