Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Harro! I moved! My home theater is different! By different, I mean, I lost a lot of it. Only running 2.1 due to space, noise, and the fact that mucking up rented walls isn't exactly my glass of Chablis. I'm not sure exactly how large the room is, as it connects with the dinning room and kitchen in a modern open concept design. But there is photos, so you can see that the cross distance from couch to tv isn't huge. Subwoofer had limited spots to go, and it isn't exactly optimal in that corner, but it's better then previous setups I've had. Overall sound is quite good, being open on one side lets it breath, and the soundstage is definitely better then previous setups (not to mention glorious, glorious carpet! No more concrete!).

Specs list for those that don't know who the f*ck I am.

Yamaha RX-V440
Energy C-1
Velodyne DPS-12
Olevia 747i
Sony BPDSPDBS whatever 550
WD Live media box (awesome when you get a solid connetion)
WD Powerline Power over Ethernet
12 ga. Speaker Wire from Rona
Various HDMI and Digital Audio cables

Did you miss me?

SheepStar

anamorphic96

anamorphic96

Audioholic General
Harro! I moved! My home theater is different! By different, I mean, I lost a lot of it. Only running 2.1 due to space, noise, and the fact that mucking up rented walls isn't exactly my glass of Chablis. I'm not sure exactly how large the room is, as it connects with the dinning room and kitchen in a modern open concept design. But there is photos, so you can see that the cross distance from couch to tv isn't huge. Subwoofer had limited spots to go, and it isn't exactly optimal in that corner, but it's better then previous setups I've had. Overall sound is quite good, being open on one side lets it breath, and the soundstage is definitely better then previous setups (not to mention glorious, glorious carpet! No more concrete!).

Yamaha RX-V440
Energy C-1
Velodyne DPS-12
Olevia 747i

Did you miss me?

SheepStar
Looking good.:D That's a much nicer room. My C1's are my surrounds now.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I think this is how rmk started. :)

It's a good looking room. ;)

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan

Yamaha RX-V440
Energy C-1
Velodyne DPS-12
Olevia 747i

Did you miss me?

SheepStar

Who are you again?:rolleyes::D

Looks good...Is this with or without the female? it has a feminine feel to it but i know you can be artistic... NTTAWWT.:D

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I like how you framed a kid's drawings (second photo). Chicks dig it when you show a sensitive side.:)

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Who are you again?:rolleyes::D

Looks good...Is this with or without the female? it has a feminine feel to it but i know you can be artistic... NTTAWWT.:D
Most Definitely with a female. If not those pictures would be acoustic panels.

SheepStar

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
You missed the joke - I never thought it was a kid's drawings.
Ah, is this a pop culture reference, or are you just making an obvious statement about the simple characters in the picture?

Either way, you got me!

SheepStar

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Looks great :cool:

But why don't we see a pug laying on the sofa instead of the pillow?

I still like the man cave basement
http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/pros-joes-systems-gallery/21173-sheepstars-lair.html
Pug stays with the parents. She comes over for vists but no dog will live in my apartment with white carpets.

The man cave definitely had it's moments of glory (beerfest movie night, back to back hardol and kumar movie night) but this for me, is a better experience. One day, I'll have a real, proper rectangle, with carpet, 7.2 or 7.4 or 7.123897239845, and then I'll be complete. But I'm really enjoying this 2.1 setup. I also just inhereted from my grandpa some custom built triways with 15inch drivers, mids, and tweeters. They're about 200~ lbs each. Haven't arranged a power amplifier yet, but they will be at my parents in the jam room. We're trying to get a proper music room built over there, and these would make for awesome monitors to play with.

SheepStar

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
that's a very nice room. i think the woman did you good in the neatness department.

now, let's work on the upgrades!

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
that's a very nice room. i think the woman did you good in the neatness department. Now, let's work on the upgrades!
I was always neat, I just needed a room that would properly showcase it. I am the one that got the room ready for photos you know!

As for upgrades, ain't gunna happen. A subwoofer change MAYBE, for the right price, for the right sub. Other then that, HDMI capable receiver. Won't be doing that until the right price comes around.

SheepStar

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
As for upgrades, ain't gunna happen. A subwoofer change MAYBE, for the right price, for the right sub. Other then that, HDMI capable receiver. Won't be doing that until the right price comes around.
Instead of an HDMI rec'r I got a Blu-ray player with analog outs.
The rec'r I do have I got for $120 from a pawn shop. It works. :rolleyes:

I think I'm turning into Seth with all the used deals. All I can say is thank God for the upgraditis of others. The deals left in their wake are staggering.

Your fire place is making me crazy though. It completely screws that room for A/V. Please tell me she already lived there and you moved in. I can't bear the thought of you actually letting fire be more important than proper TV height.

Maybe you can use the inside of the fire place to house gear? :D ... j/k.

I guess cohabitation is better than surround sound. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis