Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Your fire place is making me crazy though. It completely screws that room for A/V. Please tell me she already lived there and you moved in. I can't bear the thought of you actually letting fire be more important than proper TV height.
Imagine what she thinks of that cord running from the outlet up there. :eek: :p

Did you notice the remotes setting in the bowl of pebbles (or maybe those are jellybeans...dang, now I want jellybeans), or has Cheryl already conditioned you to that stuff? :D

Brian - have you considered running a wireless system for rear speakers? I'm not saying that you need rears, btw. Just asking.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Instead of an HDMI rec'r I got a Blu-ray player with analog outs.
The rec'r I do have I got for $120 from a pawn shop. It works. :rolleyes:

I think I'm turning into Seth with all the used deals. All I can say is thank God for the upgraditis of others. The deals left in their wake are staggering.

Your fire place is making me crazy though. It completely screws that room for A/V. Please tell me she already lived there and you moved in. I can't bear the thought of you actually letting fire be more important than proper TV height.

Maybe you can use the inside of the fire place to house gear? :D ... j/k.

I guess cohabitation is better than surround sound. :)
My Blu Ray player has 8 channel out as well, but I still would rather have all my HDMI devices using just 1 cord (WD TV Live).

It honestly doesn't bother me at all. My neck doesn't get sore, and the fireplace is fake (lights with an element).

SheepStar

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Imagine what she thinks of that cord running from the outlet up there. :eek: :p

Did you notice the remotes setting in the bowl of pebbles (or maybe those are jellybeans...dang, now I want jellybeans), or has Cheryl already conditioned you to that stuff? :D

Brian - have you considered running a wireless system for rear speakers? I'm not saying that you need rears, btw. Just asking.
She doesn't care about any clutter. I'm the one that cares about clutter. I knew they were rocks (Ikea), and I am totally ok with that. I haven't, because I still have no where to PUT them. Also, I don't miss it. I won't be going back to surround sound until I have at least a town house.

SheepStar

W

westcott

Audioholic General
I can see why you moved. The room looks beautiful. Nice contemporary look. Always one of my favorites. You lost some space but I am sure you are much happier in your new space.

Sorry I have not been more active lately. I have switched my attention to restoring my car.

Thanks for sharing and congratulations on the new place. I love it.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Very sharp place you have there and the setup looks like it belongs where you've positioned it. Congrats. :)

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks guys! I just pulled the trigger on some Mirage Nanosat's yesterday from Electronics for less. I missed surround and they are small enough to work in here. Will update when they arrive.

SheepStar

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
Well done on the new place the tv looks great up there, dosnt pinch your neck?

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Well done on the new place the tv looks great up there, dosnt pinch your neck?
Nah, it's actually nice. You can lean back and rest your head on an upper angle and it's still in good view.

SheepStar

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Mirage Nanosat's have landed! Just in time for a band of brothers marathon!

SheepStar

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
You should buy Billy's sub. 3db doesn't need it.

What?

:D

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Sheesh. I got so caught up in the road rage :eek: that I forgot to congradulate you on your new nanosets. I'd be interesting in hearing your take on them.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Haha no worries, billy's subwoofer is something worth raging over.

They are quite amazing, especially considering their size. I knew they were going to have a big sound because of their design but I didn't know it could be border less. I put them up front for an initial demo and besides the lacking mid bass (which by the way, is really lacking. A subwoofer playing up to 120+ hertz is required), they sound huge. In surround duty, it's nothing short of phenomenal. Even with uneven height and slightly different distances to the listening position, the entire back wall just lights up with sound. It's also very convincing too, it's not just blurred noise everywhere, the effects completely follow what the tv and other speakers are doing. I am 100% satisfied, and if I could get my hands on the OMD-5 bookshelf speakers, I'd replace my fronts too.

SheepStar

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Looks great :cool:

But why don't we see a pug laying on the sofa instead of the pillow?

I still like the man cave basement
http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/pros-joes-systems-gallery/21173-sheepstars-lair.html
I forgot to mention, the old Pug (the one Emorphine photoshopped with the Star Ship Troopers brain bug) actually passed away a year or so ago. Don't worry there is a new pug, named Ru. She's an absolute disaster on legs (hyper), but she's lots of fun. I'll post up some pictures in a second.

SheepStar

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
I went shopping! Yamaha RX-V1075. Got it on sale for $729 Canadian. I do car Detailing as a side job and after a couple cars in April I had enough to treat myself to some new gear. Ticks every box, including looks which was more important then I thought it would be.

DSC_5955 by brianjosephson1, on Flickr

DSC_5961 by brianjosephson1, on Flickr

DSC_5967 by brianjosephson1, on Flickr

Compared to the old RX-V440. It served a very faithful 10-11 years (bought in 2002-2003). However HDMI, 7.2, Bass Management, and pretty much every modern feature was missing.
DSC_5981 by brianjosephson1, on Flickr

Slight difference between the back sides, wouldn't you agree?
DSC_5988 by brianjosephson1, on Flickr

Calibration was fun, and the tripod made for ideal microphone positioning.
DSC_5991 by brianjosephson1, on Flickr

And all settled in to his new home, right next to the Velo.
DSC_5996 by brianjosephson1, on Flickr

And for those wondering, this is the new mascot, Ru!
DSC_3307 by brianjosephson1, on Flickr

SheepStar

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Hey Sheep sorry to hear about your Pug! Just browsing this thread and I see my old sub being mentioned. And....NO...3db got cold feet and did not buy my sub....his lost IMHO. However here is a picture of it in the new owners home alongside his RF7's. He (Matt)just shot me this pic minutes ago.... hope to go over one day and hear his set-up.... its going to awesome. The room is not very large but a dedicated HT room and those speakers and sub will rock that room. I'm thinking about bringing my XS30 over as I'll be upgrading the driver at months end just to see how it will sound like...in there.:D

Congrats on the new AVR & Pug...btw.....you certainly get your monies worth buying a Yamaha....looks sharp and the pug is prudy cute as well..my daughter loves pugs...she actually wants one but we'll wait n see.:)

Last edited:
anamorphic96

anamorphic96

Audioholic General
Looking good. That's a major upgrade. Would love to see your thoughts when your finished setting it up.

Just picked up a Yamaha R-S300 stereo receiver myself.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis