Geno

Geno

Senior Audioholic
evilkat said:
You know what I wanna see? I want to see Audioholics go out and get a Bose system and do a complete and thorough analysis on it, complete with response graphs, etc.

I have a feeling we already know the answers, but if those answers were to come from an authority like Audioholics, it would lend credence (and google hits!) to the truth about Bose.

Afterall, isn't this the credo of this site?

(And yes, I've already seen the intellexual.net article from back in '04)
Wouldn't that be kinda like watching Mike Tyson kicking the snot out of a 75 year old diabetic woman? I mean, it's not like we're going to be surprised at the outcome...(ohhh, the humanity!....;) )

evilkat

evilkat

Senior Audioholic
Geno said:
Wouldn't that be kinda like watching Mike Tyson kicking the snot out of a 75 year old diabetic woman? I mean, it's not like we're going to be surprised at the outcome...(ohhh, the humanity!....;) )
:D

The guys at intellexual.net did a fine job dissecting the BOSE system apart, but I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that I value the thorough and scientific break down Audioholics reviews provide over any other review out there. The fact is, Audioholics is a trusted no bullshit place where I come to get the facts. I am sure a lot of others feel the same way too, and this would be a definitive treatise to rest the Audiophile Vs Bose controversy.

Besides, in defense of Bose, you have to admit that article was written back in 2004...perhaps Bose took the article to heart and maybe even went as far as to make some changes since then?

Would love to see what Gene and his crew come up with regardless. If nothing else we'll derive tons of amusement from the review and point our geeky little fingers at Uninformed Joe and laugh evilly :D

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Why does everyone bash Bose? If a company is good and makes money at the same time, does that make them bad. Come on, I have listened to lots of Theater Research and Dogg Digital Audio speakers and Bose puts those companies to sleep.

A few years ago I bought a pair of Theater Research speakers on sale for $2000, that originally retailed for $5500. Now don't get me wrong, they did sound good, but not near as good as my Bose Acoustimas 5.1 set-up. You can feel the sound wrap itself around you in a bliss of harmonious sound.

The Subwoofer is awesome too. A buddy of mine has a dual 15" sub and the acoustimas easily destroys his subwoofer. The treated paper woofers are very transient and have lots of bass that could rattle the teeth from my head, or yours if you come listen to my system.

As for Bose bashers, get a clue. Bose is obviously the best setup that money can buy, and it looks good doing it. SO STOP BASHING HOSE, I MEAN BOSE!!

D

davo

Full Audioholic
Seth=L said:
Why does everyone bash Bose? If a company is good and makes money at the same time, does that make them bad. Come on, I have listened to lots of Theater Research and Dogg Digital Audio speakers and Bose puts those companies to sleep.

A few years ago I bought a pair of Theater Research speakers on sale for $2000, that originally retailed for $5500. Now don't get me wrong, they did sound good, but not near as good as my Bose Acoustimas 5.1 set-up. You can feel the sound wrap itself around you in a bliss of harmonious sound.

The Subwoofer is awesome too. A buddy of mine has a dual 15" sub and the acoustimas easily destroys his subwoofer. The treated paper woofers are very transient and have lots of bass that could rattle the teeth from my head, or yours if you come listen to my system.

As for Bose bashers, get a clue. Bose is obviously the best setup that money can buy, and it looks good doing it. SO STOP BASHING HOSE, I MEAN BOSE!!

I nearly had a bite at that one.

J

jcrobso

Audioholic Intern
If you can't dazzle them with brilance,,

Baffle them with bull!
In the pro sound world we have a saying "No highs, no lows, must be Bo$e":D
Bo$e is just marketing FUD. They count on the PT Barnum saying "there a sucker born every minuet"
Once upon at time in the previous century long, long gone Bo$e speakers had quality parts. John

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
davo said:
I nearly had a bite at that one.
You should have, I would have enjoyed it.:D

Was it the "Hose" that clued you in, or my previous posts?

no. 5

no. 5

Audioholic Field Marshall
Seth=L said:
Was it the "Hose" that clued you in, or my previous posts?
up to the "Hose" part I thought you had fliped

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
That was exactly what I was going for.:) The White Van speakers were a pretty good clue to, at least if you know a little smigion about me.:D

Geno

Geno

Senior Audioholic
Seth, you almost had me there, too, until I saw you got your Theatre Research speakers for only $2000. I had to give $2500 for mine...:D

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
It sounds so much like a shill, maybe I will go talk to Hose about working for them. Did I say Hose, I meant Bose, sorry.:D:D:D

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Even had me. Well done.

If bose system sold for that they're worth, I would buy one.

SheepStar

evilkat

evilkat

Senior Audioholic
Sheep said:
Even had me. Well done.

If bose system sold for that they're worth, I would buy one.

SheepStar

How much would a BOSE system really be worth?

masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
Sheep said:
Maybe 400 bucks?

SheepStar
I'd buy the 901 for $300 ($350 tops). It's going to make a good system for my office. :)

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
masak_aer said:
I'd buy the 901 for $300 ($350 tops). It's going to make a good system for my office. :)
I was talking about a full 5.1 system.

SheepStar

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I would say they are better than HTIAB in that same price range.

P

prince_alfie

Banned
Gimme more of those B&W 800 Series speakers for moi. Spasiba! :D

Resident Loser

Resident Loser

Senior Audioholic
And the best part is...

...they're laughing all the way to the bank...and their satisfied customers are being entertained after some simple plug'n'play scenario, not debating (if that's what this banter might be called) Bose and their sinister plot to rule the audio world...

Now you can all go back to watching your tee-vees and the laser-totin' mechanical lizards...

jimHJJ(...really need absolute accuracy to do that don't we?...)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis