Sealed SI 18" Car Sub

annunaki

annunaki

Sorry it has been so long. That sweep looks exactly like I would have expected for a sub with an enclosure much too small. I would have expected the transfer function to help out a bit more but it likely indicates just how small the enclosure is causing that hump. Not your fault, he should have opted for a larger enclosure or a smaller sub with the correct enclosure.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
This is a case were a Variovent will likely help. You will need two at least and may be as many as four with the box undersized that much. I would bet Varivents will tame that peak, lower the impedance peak and Qts.

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
Sorry it has been so long. That sweep looks exactly like I would have expected for a sub with an enclosure much too small. I would have expected the transfer function to help out a bit more but it likely indicates just how small the enclosure is causing that hump. Not your fault, he should have opted for a larger enclosure or a smaller sub with the correct enclosure.
It's not primarily an enclosure hump, it looks like an inductance hump more than anything.

annunaki

annunaki

It's not primarily an enclosure hump, it looks like an inductance hump more than anything.
That is possible and is probably at play as well. I modeled that sub in question and it looks like what I expected in terms of response.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis