RX A3080 fades in + out between 9 channel + stereo ITS BACK, doing same thing!

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
My new RX A3080 fades in/out when I’m streaming music on 9 channel and goes to stereo for a moment and back to 9 channel for 2 or 3 minutes and keeps doing it. It does this on both streaming. Any ideas why?

Last edited:
everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Is it in between songs? Like when a commercial comes on and switches to non dolby digital

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Also as others mentioned in the other thread, getting a standalone streaming box is the way to go. Whether it's a HTPC or an Nvida Sheild. Then all streaming options are in one place and are known to have less hiccups. I'm fortunate that all the services in my pioneer work flawlessly, even though I dont use it.

TechHDS

Audioholic General
My units does that sometimes, Yamaha 7790 when I’m streaming WebRadio. I found its the net or the WIFI, cause I hooked up Ethernet to the back of my unit and Walla! Found out that the “buffering“ thing was causing the unit to have hiccups. Ain’t no big deal

Mike

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You're doing 9-Channel Stereo Mode? All 9 speakers/channels driven?

How loud?

It could just be the streaming (WiFi internet speed and buffering).

If it were the amp, the whole AVR would shut down. So it's probably just the WiFi thing.

Last edited:
little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
My new RX A3080 fades in/out when I’m streaming music on 9 channel and goes to stereo for a moment and back to 9 channel for 2 or 3 minutes and keeps doing it. It does this on both streaming apps I use and does it when I use all different surround modes. Any ides why?
Are you up to date with the latest firmware? Have you tried to a factory reset? This doesn't sound right at all. I would put in a call to Yamaha. This is disappointing given Yamaha's track record of good reliability. Personally I think they should slow it down instead of releasing a new model every single year. I know these manufactures are all trying to one up each other, but a new model every year doesn't seem necessary. Slow it down, get it right and give us meaningful tangible improvements, even if the next model cost a little more . Just my opinion.

BTW - try an Ethernet cable if you can, if you are currently using wifi

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
My units does that sometimes, Yamaha 7790 when I’m streaming WebRadio. I found its the net or the WIFI, cause I hooked up Ethernet to the back of my unit and Walla! Found out that the “buffering“ thing was causing the unit to have hiccups. Ain’t no big deal

Mike
Is it in between songs? Like when a commercial comes on and switches to non dolby digital
No it’s during the songs

You're doing 9-Channel Stereo Mode? How loud?

It could just be the streaming (WiFi internet speed and buffering).

If it were the amp, the whole AVR would shut down. So it's probably just the WiFi thing.[/QUOTE

Didn’t do it before and 1050 didn’t have 9 channels.

And no it’s not buffering. I have 50Meg speed on Wifi.

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
No buffering, 1050 didn’t have 9 chabbels and I have 50Mps Wifi.

It’s not between songs, it’s during them.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
No buffering, 1050 didn’t have 9 channels.

Is there a 5CH Stereo Mode?

And this may give the Separates camp more ammunition over AVR, but asking ANY AVR to do 9CH Driven or even 7Ch Driven may be asking for trouble.

Don't even get @TLS Guy started. :D

Last edited:
Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
I’m using front and rear virtual speakers and my center , front and surround speakers, with sub that makes it 5.1.4. No 5 or 7 channel mode available.

Only 3 amps used on AVR.

TechHDS

Audioholic General
No buffering, 1050 didn’t have 9 chabbels and I have 50Mps Wifi.

Umm, Yamaha went and pulled out all the stops and added “Chabbels” man how long Yamaha been keeping that Secret? AI now Chabbels! :p. Just picking at ya Good4it. ;)

Mike

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I’m using front and rear virtual speakers and my center , front and surround speakers, with sub that makes it 5.1.4. No 5 or 7 channel mode available.

Only 3 amps used on AVR.
So for the WiFi, can you do a speed test online (like Speakeasy speed test) to see if your WiFi router can do the speed you pay for? I like the dual band netgear routers if you want a recommendation on WiFi routers.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I have 50Mps Wifi.
BTW, someone already mentioned this, but can you use Ethernet cable instead of WiFi?

The 50Mbps is your total max internet speed, but WiFi will never be as fast as Ethernet cable (Cat5, Cat6).

I have AT&T 1,000 Mbps internet, but even with Cat6 Ethernet, I'm seeing around 500 Mbps. Then when I test WiFi on my iPads, I'm seeing 30 Mbps.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
As mentioned above, hard wired is the best option in a setup. I'm pulling 160mbs and 30mbs upload, and I have never considered wifi. Curious to see if it change hard wired.
What does your internet connection say on the Yamaha

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
BTW, someone already mentioned this, but can you use Ethernet cable instead of WiFi?

The 50Mbps is your total max internet speed, but WiFi will never be as fast as Ethernet cable (Cat5, Cat6).

I have AT&T 1,000 Mbps internet, but even with Cat6 Ethernet, I'm seeing around 500 Mbps. Then when I test WiFi on my iPads, I'm seeing 30 Mbps.
1000 mbps of speed?? LORD! are you running the space station from your home? LOL!!

Seriously though, what you say is true. You will never realize close to the speed you are paying for with wifi.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
1000 mbps of speed?? LORD! are you running the space station from your home? LOL!!

Seriously though, what you say is true. You will never realize close to the speed you are paying for with wifi.
Oh yeah, it's the AT&T GigaPower (1 Gbps) for $80 per month for life.

WiFi is only good for using iPad's. :D

Every PC and component (including CX-A5100) in my house is hardwired to the Router/Modem with Cat6 Ethernet cables.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.

Every PC and component (including CX-A5100) in my house is hardwired to the Router/Modem with Cat6 Ethernet cables.
Does that mean you have fiber cable to the house?

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General

Nice - That's the way to do it. Mine too - cat 6 cables from blue jeans to Receiver, Blu-ray, and TV. No hiccups.

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
Hard wiring not an option. Where internet and router is at other end of my house (2k ft.away). I use Google Mesh to get WiFi around,works good.

I’m only 10 miles away from Silicon Valley but still in a Neanderthal internet zone. I pay $60 a month to ATT for my speed.

Please show a little sympathy.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis