RX A3080 fades in + out between 9 channel + stereo ITS BACK, doing same thing!

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
As mentioned above, hard wired is the best option in a setup. I'm pulling 160mbs and 30mbs upload, and I have never considered wifi. Curious to see if it change hard wired.
What does your internet connection say on the Yamaha

40+Mbps

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Check it with DSL reports. This is the only test I know that checks multiple aspects of the Internet connection.

As said before wired connections are best. Routers get all sorts of hangups streaming via Wi-Fi. Everything here is hard wired now and my service is 250 Mbps up and down reliably. Routers have misleading specs that lead you to believe they are much better then they in fact are. Most routers have dodgy software.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Oh yeah, it's the AT&T GigaPower (1 Gbps) for $80 per month for life.

WiFi is only good for using iPad's. :D

Every PC and component (including CX-A5100) in my house is hardwired to the Router/Modem with Cat6 Ethernet cables.
I hate you. I get 7mbps for $45 and it ain't for life. Why does ATT offer so much for so little in your area? (not even an option whatsoever where I live)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
@Good4it you said in another post you were getting 9ch but didn't have 9 speakers now you mention the virtual thing. How about using a mode that doesn't utilize this virtual mode?

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
Tried shutting virtual speakers off, same results. Also rebooting router no change.

DSL Repport says 29.6Mbps

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What mode are you using when you "shut virtual speakers off" or does the mode remain the same and you just have a toggle for the virtual speaker thing? Sorry, not familiar with Yamaha choices....

(not that I think it shouldn't work anyways, just curious how you might isolate the issue....but a microprocessor reset may be in order)

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
Same mode. 3080 has a separate menu for V. Speakers. Didn’t change anything else.

Reset is last resort. Spent the last 10 days setting up.:mad:

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Same mode. 3080 has a separate menu for V. Speakers. Didn’t change anything else.

Reset is last resort. Spent the last 10 days setting up.:mad:
You can copy them down manually to help? I can copy my Audyssey XT32 settings file to my laptop and use them to get back mostly to where I left off (aside from some app user name/passwords and automatic sound mode preferences).

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Before the microprocessor reset on the avr, assume you've tried a reset of your modem/router ?

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
Yes thanks I rebooted. Reset is still LAST resort. I called Yamaha, waiting for them, hopefully they can help. Still have the1050.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
So you have 3 real front speakers, but you're using DSP 9-CH Mode to create 6 other VIRTUAL speakers?

And the problem is that the VIRTUAL speakers are fading in and out?

The 3 actual REAL speakers are not fading in and out?

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
I’m not sure but the sub fades out for a moment and then comes back.

It all happens so quick that all I am sure of is about the sub.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja

That SVS was replaced? Or repaired? New sub cable?

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
No this one is the only 3080 I’ve had. The sun is wireless but up until 3 days ago it and the 3080 worked great.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
So you have 3 real front speakers, but you're using DSP 9-CH Mode to create 6 other VIRTUAL speakers?

And the problem is that the VIRTUAL speakers are fading in and out?

The 3 actual REAL speakers are not fading in and out?

That SVS was replaced? Or repaired? New sub cable?
The sub is wireless but up until 3 days ago it and the 3080 worked great.
So the WIRELESS sub seems to be the question mark, which is sometimes difficult to pinpoint since the sub isn't always getting the LFE signal.

And this happens only when you stream internet radio music?

Doesn't happen when you play music on a blu-ray player or PC file hooked up to the Yamaha?

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
Well you described what I’m experiencing but I’ve only tried it with streaming, no PC hooked up and I have a Blue Ray but haven’t tried it yet. Try it later today.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well you described what I’m experiencing but I’ve only tried it with streaming, no PC hooked up and I have a Blue Ray but haven’t tried it yet. Try it later today.
That would be great. If you can either play music via the Blu-ray player or PC, that would definitely rule out a few things.

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
I’ll report back. Buy the way I exchanged emails with Y. Support but they haven’t got back to me.

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
I’m retired, here EVERYDAY;-) BTW Thanks for the support. Also want to say thanks to everyone who posted.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis