Status
Not open for further replies.
highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Nowhere in the article does it state "the Repubs are Pro Putin". However, it is pretty clear that there are a lot of right-wing figures carrying water for Putin. And, there is a difference between tipping one's hat and endorsement of their cause.

But, to be fair, there has been a significant amount of criticism of the West coming from the left, as well. This article from a left-wing Canadian website starts off saying we must condemn the invasion, but rest of it is a diatribe blaming Canada for it.

It's funny how the left and right ends of the political spectrum often make fine bedfellows.

And, make no mistake, what's happening in Kyiv starts and ends with Putin. There is no justification for it.
At some point, the extremists become so diametrically opposed that they're able to tap each other on the shoulder.

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Well Fox is the mouthpiece for the Republican party. The Jan 6th texts reveal their communications with party members. Tucker has said Who cares if Ukraine is a democracy! He has the largest audience on TV etc. Just saying.
And some would say the rest of the Corporate Media is a shill for the Dems. So what? That's the lay of the media landscape and make your adjustments. It's better we all know what we are dealing with and how it divides us from focusing on actual problems.
Putin is laughing at our media. KGB 101. "Let's convince the Left to attack the Right for supporting us, then the Right will be on the defensive and counter attack the left." Then they will be divided and fighting each other instead of focusing on their policy mistakes that allowed me to kill Ukrainians....A circular firing squad.

I told you before, you should focus on the 40% of democrats who watch Tucker and ask them why?
Stop paying attention to Tucker. It will destroy your soul....

B

Boerd

Full Audioholic
At some point, the extremists become so diametrically opposed that they're able to tap each other on the shoulder.
That is the problem with the failed political parties of today. They may be somewhat different yet fundamentally incapable (or not interested) to resolve hard problems.
All politicians and media do today - polarize the simpletons and let them have at each other. Divide et impera.

IMO the situation in Ukraine is a shade of gray to which the West contributed too. Let's remember what happened in the Middle East. Best intentions without understanding local geopolitics are plain dangerous.
Russia is cornered and Putin is saying he doesn't have much to lose. If America had given something to lose to Russia while taking their satellites in Nato things may be different. I don't know - armchair politics.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

You made me think of this article I was reading

Yes, thanks.
the last test firing of that nuclear cruise missile had a devastating outcome. US abandoned their research of it.
I am hopeful that the US can hack into their nukes and just explode engine on launch in the silo. That would be a spectacle to see.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Well Fox is the mouthpiece for the Republican party. The Jan 6th texts reveal their communications with party members. Tucker has said Who cares if Ukraine is a democracy! He has the largest audience on TV etc. Just saying.
And the entire msm is the mouthpiece for the democratic party. Just saying.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

The problem is a majority of the Republican Party and Conservative media and our former President have sided with Putin. I never thought I'd see the day where any major political party in the USA would side with our enemy.
Not only siding with him but now candidates are praising him with roaring audiences.
I guess they got tired of democracy, and they are Wanna-Be oligarchs.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

I've seen talk about the "Republicans, Trump and conservative media" supporting Putin (mostly on these pages). Can you point to any actual examples of them doing so? Of course, their opposition (democrats, most of the media) will say so, but I mean direct quotes and such. Now, there has been plenty of well deserved ridicule for the current administration (I have supplied some of it myself) but criticizing HPiC Biden is not the same as supporting Vlad the Elder.
Add one more cheering crowd and Green:
Marjorie Taylor Greene Spoke at White-Nationalist Event (nymag.com)
Praising Hitler and Putin. I saw the video snippet this morning.

You are watching the wrong news outlets.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Lets see how Putin reacts when he can no longer afford high class hookers (because of his personal assetts being frozen) having to resort to toothless vodka infused dime store hookers for his personal entertainment.
We have to find his assets and his store of gold. Most if not all his bank accounts are using other names, oligarchs, etc.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
And some would say the rest of the Corporate Media is a shill for the Dems. So what? That's the lay of the media landscape and make your adjustments. It's better we all know what we are dealing with and how it divides us from focusing on actual problems.
Putin is laughing at our media. KGB 101. "Let's convince the Left to attack the Right for supporting us, then the Right will be on the defensive and counter attack the left." Then they will be divided and fighting each other instead of focusing on their policy mistakes that allowed me to kill Ukrainians....A circular firing squad.

I told you before, you should focus on the 40% of democrats who watch Tucker and ask them why?
Stop paying attention to Tucker. It will destroy your soul....
By the major conservative news outlet? Again, just saying.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Add one more cheering crowd and Green:
Marjorie Taylor Greene Spoke at White-Nationalist Event (nymag.com)
Praising Hitler and Putin. I saw the video snippet this morning.

You are watching the wrong news outlets.
So, you saw her actually praising Putin and Hitler? Didn't she just condemn Putin and Russia in the clip provided? Kind of goes against their narrative and I am surprised they actually included it. "MTG is pro Putin!" "I am against Putin and condemn his actions." "See, she admits it!"

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I've seen talk about the "Republicans, Trump and conservative media" supporting Putin (mostly on these pages). Can you point to any actual examples of them doing so? Of course, their opposition (democrats, most of the media) will say so, but I mean direct quotes and such. Now, there has been plenty of well deserved ridicule for the current administration (I have supplied some of it myself) but criticizing HPiC Biden is not the same as supporting Vlad the Elder.
Hey I'm running errands I will get back to you on this not ignoring you. Good info from everyone from all perspectives by the way. This has been a great thread and I'm getting a lot of good info from all members here better then I'd be getting from average media so thank you to all

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
So, you saw her actually praising Putin and Hitler? Didn't she just condemn Putin and Russia in the clip provided? Kind of goes against their narrative and I am surprised they actually included it. "MTG is pro Putin!" "I am against Putin and condemn his actions." "See, she admits it!"
This is just plain dumb considering where she was attending.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan

>>>
Germany will send weaponry to Ukraine, a major shift that could help Kyiv resist Russia
By Michael Birnbaum1:47 p.m.

Germany on Saturday announced plans to send 1,000 anti-tank weapons and 500 Stinger missiles to Ukraine, a major shift in post-World War II German defense policy that marked a significant escalation in Europe’s military support for Kyiv.

“The Russian invasion marks the turning of an era. It is our duty to support Ukraine to the best of our ability in defending against Putin’s invading army," German Chancellor Olaf Scholz said in a statement.
The decision was a significant reversal after months of foot-dragging from Berlin about military support for Ukraine. Until Saturday, German leaders had refused to send lethal weaponry and had also blocked other countries from doing so with German-made armaments. Under pressure, they earlier agreed to send helmets and a field hospital, a decision for which they were mocked.

Germany has rarely sent weapons into conflicts, a longstanding political taboo that is related to its guilt over World War II. (Detractors note that the German defense industry has nevertheless sold extensive armaments to authoritarian leaders around the world.) The country has been especially cautious about sending weapons that would be used against Russia, one of its World War II-era opponents and a country that many Germans partly credit for their liberation.

That meant that Saturday’s move was especially notable. It could open a flood of German-made armaments from other countries to Ukraine as well. Earlier in the day, the country had already signed off on the Netherlands’s sending 400 German-made rocket-propelled grenade launchers to Kyiv.

The 400 RPG launchers are currently owned by the Dutch government but were manufactured in Germany; when Germany sells or transfers its weaponry to other countries, it retains control over whether those arms get moved elsewhere.
<<<

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Nowhere in the article does it state "the Repubs are Pro Putin". However, it is pretty clear that there are a lot of right-wing figures carrying water for Putin. And, there is a difference between tipping one's hat and endorsement of their cause.

But, to be fair, there has been a significant amount of criticism of the West coming from the left, as well. This article from a left-wing Canadian website starts off saying we must condemn the invasion, but rest of it is a diatribe blaming Canada for it.

It's funny how the left and right ends of the political spectrum often make fine bedfellows.

And, make no mistake, what's happening in Kyiv starts and ends with Putin. There is no justification for it.
Thanks for posting the link. Very interesting background on 2014.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Uh, Churchill/WWII- yeah, nukes were in the mix and Germany had been working on them, too. England didn't have them but by association, they did- the difference is that by the time the US dropped them, the war was done in Europe.
I know they had nukes but their power pale in comparison to whats available today. It still doesn't take away from the fact that you cannot enter this war half cocked and that NATO made one of the worst strategic errors by not letting Ukraine into NATO. Can you look at the bigger picture instead of being nit picky.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
So… you posted a clip that is surely an opinion piece with liberal media talking about “conservative” opinion media. I am confident everything they bring up is perfectly contextual and not in any way edited to bolster their point. :rolleyes:

Sometimes I like to post exactly what a person says (not interpreted through an msm mouthpiece) so let’s hear all this Putin cheering directly from Tucker:
Tucker.....
-who cares if Ukraine is a democracy
-why do I care what Russia thinks?!
-why is it disloyal to cheer for Russia but not ok for Ukraine?
-why can't I cheer for Russia, which I am? ;)

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I think Putin showing his real coward face and attitude…. He moved to Ural mountains while Zelinskiyj stay in Kyiv with his people, his government and his city under attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis