KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Just to summarize:

Discount - Promo Code
spend $750, get $50 off - blackfriday750
spend $1000, get $75 off - blackfriday1000
spend $1250, get $100 off - blackfriday1250
spend $1500, get $125 off - blackfriday1500

Works out to roughly 7 to 8% discount if you are at one of the thresholds.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Have read here and there that RSL is coming out with a 12" sub. Not exactly sure when that will be, but I am interested in seeing what they bring to the table. Have been told by a good friend how good the 10S is. As such, the 12 should be even better. ;)

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Have read here and there that RSL is coming out with a 12" sub. Not exactly sure when that will be, but I am interested in seeing what they bring to the table. Have been told by a good friend how good the 10S is. As such, the 12 should be even better. ;)

Cheers,

Phil
I think 12in subs are a great idea for RSL. Looking forward to reviews with measurements of course. :)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I think 12in subs are a great idea for RSL. Looking forward to reviews with measurements of course. :)
Yeah, I am curious as well. But, nobody knows for sure when one is coming. There has been some talk that early next year. Hopefully, we will know soon enough. :)

Cheers,

Phil

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah, I am curious as well. But, nobody knows for sure when one is coming. There has been some talk that early next year. Hopefully, we will know soon enough. :)

Cheers,

Phil
Talking to Howard and Joe they said the spring of next year. Beginning part of the year tho. Hopefully if there's no snags well be hearing something about it after Christmas. From what they told this thing is a BIG step up from the speedwoofer and that's a good sub. So I'm really looking forward to this

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Talking to Howard and Joe they said the spring of next year. Beginning part of the year tho. Hopefully if there's no snags well be hearing something about it after Christmas. From what they told this thing is a BIG step up from the speedwoofer and that's a good sub. So I'm really looking forward to this
Awesome sauce.....LOL!!! You know more than me. Just read here and there something about a 12" sub in the works. However, it sounds like it is going to be a beast......LOL!!! Looking forward to it. Thanks Dan for the info! :)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Dan, do you think that RSL may come out w/a sealed 12" sub? Sure would be nice if they do. Have a feeling it will be vented though. Just wondering if you knew any of the specifics. Thanks!:)

Cheers,

Phil

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Dan, do you think that RSL may come out w/a sealed 12" sub? Sure would be nice if they do. Have a feeling it will be vented though. Just wondering if you knew any of the specifics. Thanks!:)

Cheers,

Phil
From what they were saying it's going to be vented they didn't mention anything about a sealed it's going to be a way more powerful amp 12 inch driver can go below 20hz. Not sure how much tho. They said it's taking awhile because they have some new technology there putting into it. Not sure what tho. The way they were talking about had me all stoked about it tho

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
From what they were saying it's going to be vented they didn't mention anything about a sealed it's going to be a way more powerful amp 12 inch driver can go below 20hz. Not sure how much tho. They said it's taking awhile because they have some new technology there putting into it. Not sure what tho. The way they were talking about had me all stoked about it tho
It sounds like they have a plan. I prefer a sealed design. But, vented subs when designed correctly sound very good musically. The Hsu VTF 3.3 and dual Outlaw LFM-1 Pluses all sounded good with HT and music. The sealed versions are just a personal preference of mine. Really curious what a 18" sealed sub could do. Have a feeling very well.......LOL!!!! :eek: Thanks once again for the info!

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
It sounds like they have a plan. I prefer a sealed design. But, vented subs when designed correctly sound very good musically. The Hsu VTF 3.3 and dual Outlaw LFM Pluses all sounded good with HT and music. The sealed versions are just a personal preference of mine. Really curious what a 18" sealed sub could do. Have a feeling very well.......LOL!!!! :eek: Thanks once again for the info!

Cheers,

Phil
You know there speedwoofer 10s is ported but people rave about its performance with music I can vouch for that that speedwoofer sounds good period

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
It sounds like they have a plan. I prefer a sealed design. But, vented subs when designed correctly sound very good musically. The Hsu VTF 3.3 and dual Outlaw LFM Pluses all sounded good with HT and music. The sealed versions are just a personal preference of mine. Really curious what a 18" sealed sub could do. Have a feeling very well.......LOL!!!! :eek: Thanks once again for the info!

Cheers,

Phil
I actually am finding that I'm starting to prefer sealed as I listen to more and more systems and not just for music. Its not that they outperform a well designed ported sub. It's just that I'm starting to really like the way they sound. It's just my main area is just way too damn big for any I can't even imagine how many Id have to build or buy to mKe that room sound good

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
You know there speedwoofer 10s is ported but people rave about its performance with music I can vouch for that that speedwoofer sounds good period
Yeah a good friend of mine named Tom has the 10S and raves about it. He has several setups and mostly high end gear. Have you ever considered looking at the sealed 18" subs? They really pack a punch as well, but will not have the output of the larger vented subs. How large is your space?

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah a good friend of mine named Tom thst has the 10S and raves about it. He has several setups and mostly high end gear. Have you ever considered looking at the sealed 18" subs? They really pack a punch as well, but will not have the output of the larger vented subs. How large is your space?

Cheers,

Phil
Over 8500 feet cubed. Big open floor plan. But I like Near field effect and they sound good in that placement. What 18's would you recommend taking a look at? I'm finding as I get older my tastes are getting away from punch and more towards smooth

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Over 8500 feet cubed. Big open floor plan. But I like Near field effect and they sound good in that placement. What 18's would you recommend taking a look at? I'm finding as I get older my tastes are getting away from punch and more towards smooth
Wow! That is a BIG space. Near-field will give you the punch and duals will be more smooth. Maybe something like this:

https://www.powersoundaudio.com/products/V1811

I do think that you would be better served going w/a vented sub. You have a rather large space. My guess would be like (4) of the V1811's would suffice. I think Rythmik has a new 18" sub out as well. Might want to check them out as well.

http://www.rythmikaudio.com/FV25HP.html

Either way, it is going to be costly.

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Wow! That is a BIG space. Near-field will give you the punch and duals will be more smooth. Maybe something like this:

I do think that you would be better serves going w/a vented sub. You have a rather large space. My guess would be like (4) of the V1811's would suffice. I think Rythmik has a new 18" sub out as well. Might want to check them out as well.

Cheers,

Phil
Yeah that's why even though Im starting to like that sealed sound I'm sticking with ported in the main room. My 2 PB 4000's in Near field are all I'll really need now I believe. I was going to go with 4 but dual ported beasts like those when I put them Near field like that I'm like I'm not sure what 2 more is gonna do know.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

I do think that you would be better serves going w/a vented sub. You have a rather large space. My guess would be like (4) of the V1811's would suffice. I think Rythmik has a new 18" sub out as well. Might want to check them out as well.

Cheers,

Phil
Man I looked at that FV25hp before that thing is a beast!!!!!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah that's why even though Im starting to like that sealed sound I'm sticking with ported in the main room. My 2 PB 4000's in Near field are all I'll really need now I believe. I was going to go with 4 but dual ported beasts like those when I put them Near field like that I'm like I'm not sure what 2 more is gonna do know.
Wow Man! I did not know you had dual PB 4000's! That has got to me awesome! Adding (2) more will smooth things out and increase your headroom. Man I can not even imagine what (4) of the PB-4000's would sound like. That would be like unbelievable. Better nail everything down if you do.......LOL!!!! :eek:

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Man I looked at that FV25hp before that thing is a beast!!!!!
I am sure it is. I have no experience with Rythmik. But, I do know that they are well received here and on other forums. Have no doubt that they are as good as everyone claims. Never hurts to dream I always say.

Cheers,

Phil

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis