RSL Black Friday Deals!

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Shut I've been rocking movies all night. And I stumbled onto something that I figure is going to a little controversial. I decided to turn off Audyssey. And there was a huge improvement in the sound period. I stayed up extra just switching back and forth to make sure. The Denon X4400H let's me do that instantly I was just ABing back and forth for like 2 hours. And the improvement is there. Better highs midrange and an improved bass response.

I'm beginning to understand why so many guys don't like it and the issue of all the filters and how this actually can have a negative impact on the sound at times

What I still like it for is level matching the subs getting speaker distance and levels good it seems to nail those parts. But after this is done from now on I'm shutting it off completely and just tweaking out any issues I might notice manually.
On my Pio and MCACC, I found that I'm OK with the RC for movie soundtracks, but music is just lifeless!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Dan, obviously in some rooms Audyssey does not seem to improve things very much. Sounds like that applies to you. However, I can honestly say that Audyssey has always made a tremendous difference for me. Sure, I had to tweak things a bit and get my subs dialed in better. But, Audyssey is nothing else serves as an excellent starting point. Keep in mind, that I reside in a small apartment w/a highly reflective room coming in at 1,440 ft.^3. My MLP was only 8' from my front-stage. Furthermore, I only listen at moderate levels. Glad you are getting more to your liking. Congrats! :)

Cheers,

Phil
Yeah I apologize if I came across as bagging Audyssey I'm not and I still enjoy it for the grunt work. Which it does very well You said it best for different rooms things are different for my room I just discovered at least to my ears and perception that I enjoy things more without it

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah I apologize if I came across as bagging Audyssey I'm not and I still enjoy it for the grunt work. Which it does very well You said it best for different rooms things are different for my room I just discovered at least to my ears and perception that I enjoy things more without it
No you did not come across that way. Audyssey either helps or it doesn't. You are by far the first to ever experience that. Just glad you got things rocking now! :)

Cheers,

Phil

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Ya at this point he can relax and enjoy the tunes. :)
It feels good to finally get everything dialed in just the way I want it. Tweaking everything was a lottoff work but it was worth it to get to where I'm at now!

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
It feels good to finally get everything dialed in just the way I want it. Tweaking everything was a lottoff work but it was worth it to get to where I'm at now!
Ya think you had told us originally you only needed a few songs to dial it in....I’m kidding! LOL. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis