Rotel RAP-1580 Home Theater Surround Amplified Processor Preview

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Looking for an ultra-high-performance multichannel, integrated amplifier with surround processing components? Audio company Rotel thinks they have what you're looking for with their new RAP-1580 Home Theater Surround Amplified Processor featuring the latest in immersive surround sound from Dolby Atmos and DTS:X. Is it a preamplifier? Processor? Amplifier? Receiver? or did Rotel just come up with a new product category?

Read: Rotel RAP-1580 Home Theater Surround Amplified Processor Preview

M

MandM

Junior Audioholic
Looks like a decent enough unit. There sure don't make them pretty inside like they used to! Whats up with that circuit board lodged between the caps and left side heat sink/amp section? Doesn't even look like its secured!

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
AMPLIFIED processor? :D

R------------I----------G----------H------------T

So it's a made-in-China 100WPC x 7Ch AVR sans the AM/FM tuner and the Audyssey EQ.

No thanks.

I guess it's better than a 100WPC x 2Ch integrated amp.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
More than I need (but oh, to have thousands lying around to spend...), but it looks like a pretty beastly avr. I'm curious about what ADTG just pointed out (no Audyssey eq). I might have to go through the article again, but I didn't see much about room correction software.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
More than I need (but oh, to have thousands lying around to spend...), but it looks like a pretty beastly avr. I'm curious about what ADTG just pointed out (no Audyssey eq). I might have to go through the article again, but I didn't see much about room correction software.
Yeah, Rotel is one of those companies that say "Less EQ is More" or just "less features is more". :D

Like "more pure" or something.

Taking out the AM/FM tuner makes this thing a lot more pure. :D

I think they are trying to market this as an "Integrated Multi-Channel Amp" since a lot of people associate Integrated Amp as being a "separate".

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I think they are trying to market this as an "Integrated Multi-Channel Amp" since a lot of people associate Integrated Amp as being a "separate".
Interesting considering that the amp is "integrated" and not separate that would be...weird. People are weird.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Interesting considering that the amp is "integrated" and not separate that would be...weird. People are weird.
It is weird, but from a few recent threads/posts I also got the impression that some people seem to think integrated amps, including the low power entry level ones, are far superior than even top model AVRs, and that they also seem to imply integrated amps are "separates" even though they are "integrated". I think that's why ADTG said what he said in his post, very weird indeed.:D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
It is weird, but from a few recent threads/posts I also got the impression that some people seem to think integrated amps, including the low power entry level ones, are far superior than even top model AVRs, and that they also seem to imply integrated amps are "separates" even though they are "integrated". I think that's why ADTG said what he said in his post, very weird indeed.:D
I don't know if you guys remember this. But a long time ago, at one point I owned 4 ACURUS Class-A Analog Preamps because I thought they were more "Pure".

Then I sold the 4 ACURUS and got 3 Denon Integrated Amps because I thought they were also more "pure".

So this notion that Integrated Amps are more pure and better sounding has been around for a long time.

People even think a 2Ch Stereo RECEIVER is more PURE because it only has 2Ch of Amps!

People think LESS is more when it comes to this hobby. :D

"The Shortest and Straightest Path" is more pure and sounds better. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis