Rotel RA-1570 with Martin Logan Motion 40

mpitogo2000

mpitogo2000

Audioholic Intern
Hello All,

I recently purchased an Rotel RA-1570 to replace a 40+ year old Sansui AU-6900 (which I had fully rebuilt but has a nagging problem, the new relay sometimes doesn't latch both channels and I have to open the case and spray it with deoxit). The Sansui and ML Motion 40 has been setup in our Master Bedroom for some time and sounded decent but the new Integrated Amp seems to have added some clarity, or it could be that the iPod I am using is now USB connected while previously it was using 3.5mm analog to RCA. I also have an Airport Extreme with 3.5mm analog which I can now convert to optical as well as an Alexa Echo Dot connected with 3.5mm analog which can be setup with bluetooth. All three sources moving from analog interconnect to digital adds to that difference? The AU-6900 is relatively decent considering it is 40+ years old but purely analog.

I must say the Rotel RA-1570 is surprisingly good with the ML Motion 40. Its almost in a similar setup to my main listing system which is a Polk Audio LSiM 707 and McIntosh MA5200, I'm almost tempted to sell the MA5200 and give the big brother RA-1592 a shot.

Thoughts?

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
Hello All,

I recently purchased an Rotel RA-1570 to replace a 40+ year old Sansui AU-6900 (which I had fully rebuilt but has a nagging problem, the new relay sometimes doesn't latch both channels and I have to open the case and spray it with deoxit). The Sansui and ML Motion 40 has been setup in our Master Bedroom for some time and sounded decent but the new Integrated Amp seems to have added some clarity, or it could be that the iPod I am using is now USB connected while previously it was using 3.5mm analog to RCA. I also have an Airport Extreme with 3.5mm analog which I can now convert to optical as well as an Alexa Echo Dot connected with 3.5mm analog which can be setup with bluetooth. All three sources moving from analog interconnect to digital adds to that difference? The AU-6900 is relatively decent considering it is 40+ years old but purely analog.

I must say the Rotel RA-1570 is surprisingly good with the ML Motion 40. Its almost in a similar setup to my main listing system which is a Polk Audio LSiM 707 and McIntosh MA5200, I'm almost tempted to sell the MA5200 and give the big brother RA-1592 a shot.

Thoughts?
I like the pcs, individually and as a tandem.

The 40 is a great mid size floor stander...it might not have been too difficult to improve the SQ from the Sansui though.

By using the USB connection with your ipod, most likely you're now hearing the music via the higher quality Wolfson DAC in the Rotel vs the ipod.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis