rocket 850 system or aperion 5t system

R

rch6776

Enthusiast
I have the 5t's set to small crossedover at 60, the center set to small crossedover at 80. the sub set to lfe+main crossedover at 80 on the receiver and set to bypass on the sub. I have tried audyssey on, I have tried audyssey set to flat and I have tried audyssey off. No matter what I do I can't hear the mids like I want.

$3000 is a lot of money to me. I believe I owe to myself to try a different speaker. I am going to order the 850's along with the rsc200 and team it up with a mfw. If I don't like them, then I will send them back and maybe try the 6ts.:)

S

silversurfer

Senior Audioholic
$3000 is a lot of money to me. I believe I owe to myself to try a different speaker. I am going to order the 850's along with the rsc200 and team it up with a mfw. If I don't like them, then I will send them back and maybe try the 6ts.:)
I agree, but I also think you have to make sure it is the speakers causing the problem and not the setup. From your descriptions of what is happening, something does not seem correct.

Have you tried running the center speaker as large yet without Audessey? Also, how do the mids sound to you when the center channel is not involved?

I thought you already had the Rockets on order. In the end, it is your process and satisfaction that counts. Shipping the Rockets back will be costly if it comes down to that. If you feel it is the center speaker causing the problems, maybe just order the RSC200 first, and then the rest of the speakers if that seems to solve your problem.

C

calnbs

Audioholic
Shipping for Rockets are not something cheap. I paid $320 one way to Sacramento, CA for my R850, R450, and Big Foot. It would be cheaper to resell than to reship it back for another $320. The total of $640 for speakers that you won't even own is a lot of money. I don't know about you but that is A LOT of MONEY to throw away for me. With that said, shipping from Yellow is hands down the best delivery company I have ever dealt with. There is not even a single scratch or dent on Rocket boxes.

Free shipping is offered for their small speakers for test drive but that is kinda hard to get a feel of what a Rocket 850 is from a small speaker. IMHO it's like test driving a Toyota Tercel and based that the Tercel drives like a Supra. Eitherway, give yourself a few days to see if you can get a response from someone at AV123.

From my reading, a big factor that influence sound is ROOM TREATMENT. Be sure to save some money for that as well.

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
But you can control the crossover on the receiver, right?
Yes/No. Very basic sub and receiver. I believe there are three settings internally based on what size the speakers are set to. I've never been able to find out what the actual crossover settings are. I do know that if the speakers are set to micro/satellite that the crossover is at the range of 125hz. I don't know what the other ranges are. Only that it changes based on the speaker size setting (micro/satellite, small, large).

-pat

S

silversurfer

Senior Audioholic
As a follow up, I just came across the latest Rocket sale. If you like their sound, it is a great deal. That is a good thing about Rockets/AV123, if you are patient, you can get a great deal.

One thing though, I don't ever recall them requiring a deposit before.

R

rch6776

Enthusiast
As a follow up, I just came across the latest Rocket sale. If you like their sound, it is a great deal. That is a good thing about Rockets/AV123, if you are patient, you can get a great deal.

One thing though, I don't ever recall them requiring a deposit before.
thanks silver.....I took advantage of this earlier today....

set of 850s

the 200

set of 450s......all for 1999.00.... an awesome deal......

I'll keep you posted.....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis