Robb elementary shooting in TX

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
When are people going to realize the government isn't going to solve these problems in our communities. We are. That's just how it's going to have to be.
who, “are We.” What/which community?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I had a guy on my porch the other day who did not leave the first time I asked, the second time I commanded him to leave, he didn’t. He heard something and asked, what was that? I told him, my stereo, he left in a hurry.

I was an aviation ordnance person. You will never outgun the government.

so what are we doing? (Rhetorical )

Who is the boogie man?( rhetorical

Contrary to public perception, most police officers work their whole career without firing their weapon in the line of duty. Think about that, every day twenty years on average, fighting crime all day, never firing their weapon in the line of duty. But the average joe, needs AR/AK, and body armor so they can fight crime.

why does the government want a good portion of it’s citizenry to have access to weaponry that the police “don’t” have? (Rhetorical)
You just answered your own rhetorical question. If the average citizen has access to items cops don't then why not make them part of the solution?

Just because some cops don't see action doesn't mean we can't use more of them. If not utilize these citizens that have access to things cops don't.

There was an interesting thread on another site about this where they talked about utilizing veterans as security details for schools. Might not work but it's at least a conversation in the right direction. Other then the same old let's ban them do more background checks. Blah blah blah when there are 50 million illegal guns floating around and nobody that wants to do bad sh$t is ever going to comply with any of these so called measures but good people that could fight back would have there hands tied even further. The kid today got ahold of his stuff illegally from what I've been hearing. Laws didn't stop him

Let's not forget it took a gun held by a good person today to stop a gun held by a bad person today. Also one of these cops that never see that much action took a bullet to the head trying to save those kids today. Let's not forget about that shall we.

You said where are the brave gun owners with all these kids lives. My question to you is where the fu$% are all the rest of us? The rest of you? I'd love to live in a world where the government could just take all the guns away and we'd live happily ever after and everyone would get along. But that's not happening.

People are going to have to get there hands dirty community militias public service if you really want to put a dent in this. Utilize the national guard there's all sorts of options to explore. No more sipping on Starbucks bitchin on social media about how this needs to stop and the big gov needs to fix it. But nobody's going to have the balls to get there hands dirty like that.

So beef up security and cops and other people that will step up and get there hands dirty. And stay out of the way.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I had a guy on my porch the other day who did not leave the first time I asked, the second time I commanded him to leave, he didn’t. He heard something and asked, what was that? I told him, my stereo, he left in a hurry.

I was an aviation ordnance person. You will never outgun the government.

so what are we doing? (Rhetorical )

Who is the boogie man?( rhetorical

Contrary to public perception, most police officers work their whole career without firing their weapon in the line of duty. Think about that, every day twenty years on average, fighting crime all day, never firing their weapon in the line of duty. But the average joe, needs AR/AK, and body armor so they can fight crime.

why does the government want a good portion of it’s citizenry to have access to weaponry that the police “don’t” have? (Rhetorical)
You will never outgun the government.

Looks like Ukraine is giving big bad Russia a run for there money.

Nice thing about technology is the little guy can put up a hell of a fight these days. And the government can outgun you but when you have to go door to door with well armed citizens it's not so easy there

Our conflicts overseas teach us that. The little guy can do a hell of a lot of damage. And the government knows that. Urban tactics guerilla fighting its a whole different playing field for the Lil guy

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
who, “are We.” What/which community?
Every community this a problem that affects all of us. And the way our country went down the sh$tter these last 3 years were only going to see it get worse.

Whether it was right or wrong we as a world made some decisions dealing with Covid that are going to have lasting damage and were just seeing the beginning of it

Inflation baby food shortages jobs economy mental illness violence it's just getting started. And it's going to hit all of us no matter what community you live in

Just ask all those rich people up in LA who are getting followed home and getting home invasions. They thought they were safe up there in those cush neighborhoods didn't they. Crime isn't just up its more brazen and it's going to get worse a lot worse before it gets better. No where is safe and it's just getting started

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
You will never outgun the government.

Looks like Ukraine is giving big bad Russia a run for there money.

Nice thing about technology is the little guy can put up a hell of a fight these days. And the government can outgun you but when you have to go door to door with well armed citizens it's not so easy there

Our conflicts overseas teach us that. The little guy can do a hell of a lot of damage. And the government knows that. Urban tactics guerilla fighting its a whole different playing field for the Lil guy
Comparing US gun control problem with a Russian invasion of Ukraine as an argument against sensible gun control measures?

Your posts in this thread shows one important reason why US continue to have major firearm problems: more guns to more people because too many people have easy access to guns.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I'll take NEITHER of them having a gun for $200 Alex!
and there-in lies but one of the problems...........

The extreme left believes no citizens should own guns while the extreme right believes they should be able to own damn near anything.

Sen Chris Murphy this morning being interviewed, spoke of the plea he has made to his colleagues to do SOMETHING ! As for the die-hard Republican members and their 2nd amendment upholding, if they don't get on board with change now they should be railroaded out of office !

I stated in another thread when asked about gun control, I stand by my comments, it's a start.

One other point to be made........

The murderer in the subway shooting in NYC has been taken into custody, again ! he has 20 prior convections. So, we can make all the laws we want but if the enforcement and subsequent judicial system failures continue like this what good will it do ?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
This happened way too close to home...again. I have land not too far from where this happened.

There was an armed Sherriff at my kid's school today. It is the last full day of school. Tomorrow is it. I've never been so excited for summer to be here.

I can't handle this sh!t anymore.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Absolutely but there large mental health problems in other countries as well, so it is an important factor but not the major one.
I watched a report about mental illness in the US penal system- showed that over 60% in Federal prisons and more than 40% in state/local prisons and jails are mentally ill- it's time to find out if kids need help before they act out violently.

Yeah, it's a huge problem. Nobody who's mentally healthy would do something like this.

highfigh

highfigh

Eighteen kids, two adults killed so far. If the news is accurate or if I heard it correctly, 282 mass shooting so far this year? Mexico, 8 I think.
I think anyone can get a gun now in Texas, nothing is required.
I saw 212 this year but at this point, who cares about the difference?

I will never believe that Mexico has only had 8 mass shootings this year. They had 39 shooting deaths in two events- 19 at a resort and 20 at a clandestine cockfight.

I'd like to know how and where he got the body armor.

highfigh

highfigh

Seems it could have been worse. Shooter was killed by a Border Patrol agent.
I saw that a Law Enforcement agency was training in the area and went to the school as soon as they heard the calls. Two security guards engaged him but couldn't put him down. They needed a head shot, IMO- he was wearing body armor.

highfigh

highfigh

It’s the guns stupid!

The last thing Senators are worried about is their children getting shot at school, or anywhere else. I literally heard about this 20 minutes ago.

I have heard5 interviews on fox, cnn, msnbc, mental health, is the fallback answer

it is easy to taker a political position when your child is not on the ground with their head blown to pieces.

Do you know what a round from an AR/AK to a 6 year olds body, or cranium?

we need to put the pictures on television! Let people see the carnage!

Emmit Till RIP.

Cmon gun lovers where are your guys? You all are brave as f**k with other children lives.
Get up and talk that poop after your grandchild gets their head blown off.
White people….call your senator’s please. They don’t care about us…
NY Post has an article with comments about him having a couple of speech impediments and that he had stopped going to school because he was bullied for them. He had become withdrawn, aggressive toward his mother & co-workers and according to one kid who was a friend, he started cutting his face "for fun'. He also shot his grandmother before heading to the school. If his family didn't ask and the school didn't have or offer speech therapy, or if they never knew about the bullying, they didn't try to do their jobs.

Apparently, he bought two guns on his 18th birthday, too.

People are soooo f&cked up in so many ways......

Too much politics in the gun debate- Congress need to be retooled, parents need to do their damned job and people need to speak up when they notice aggressive behavior and speech.

I'm not sure showing the photos to the public will help- someone, somewhere, will want more. I do think photos of this kind of event should be shown to members of Congress and state governments who refuse to do anything about it. Maybe that will cause a reaction. Tape their eyes open if necessary, but they need to see it.

highfigh

highfigh

The extreme left believes no citizens should own guns while the extreme right believes they should be able to own damn near anything.

Sen Chris Murphy this morning being interviewed, spoke of the plea he has made to his colleagues to do SOMETHING ! As for the die-hard Republican members and their 2nd amendment upholding, if they don't get on board with change now they should be railroaded out of office !

I stated in another thread when asked about gun control, I stand by my comments, it's a start.

The murderer in the subway shooting in NYC has been taken into custody, again ! he has 20 prior convections. So, we can make all the laws we want but if the enforcement and subsequent judicial system failures continue like this what good will it do ?
F&ck the extremes! Let the middle sort it out.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

Yeah great point. Just like Roe vs Wade this is a huge sticking point for Republicans. I do think the vast majority of Americans want some form of gun control.

Both issues will get us crushed at the booth

But as you point out whose going to go for any rules or laws until they actually enforce them?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I'll take NEITHER of them having a gun for $200 Alex!
Well yeah of course but how realistic is that in the good ol USA? How about we actually get back to governing and enforcing the law first? I mean I never thought the day would come back in 2021 when an entire couple of city blocks could just be enabled by the city into doing whatever they wanted. What did that mayor or governor call that place? The summer of love?

It worked out so so wonderfully too. Just beautiful. Who could have predicted that outcome. I feel both political sides have lost there collective minds. And until someone can step up and actually govern and enforce the law I'm in it to survive. Which is why I love the 2a.

What I'm saying is I don't want to HAVE TO LOVE the 2a. Give me a reason not too. Believe me no average person even myself wants to deal with some nut job running into the restaurant or the place I'm at in full tactical gear and a high capacity round AR and try to survive against them with my concealed carry handgun. I know the odds and they are not in my favor.

Stuff has to change. But when the one party that pushes for it can't and won't enforce the law let's people rotate out on bail that should never be out there has drug stores closing in San Francisco because they can't afford the looting that they're government endorsed?

WTF am I supposed to get behind at that point?
Oh and things can change but if they want a national data base or registry for gun owners. They can f off. Anybody that can't see the danger of big gov having access to that kind of info your tripping

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
The schools in Janesville, WI., have an outside buzzer to the office, with speaker phone, along with camera. The office asks the person's name and for what business purpose. At least there are some guidelines to be allowed into our schools. Same with the private schools. I'm sure this is pretty much widely implemented. We do have an officer in both middle and HS, too.

Next comes kidnapping, having a different issue along with trafficking.

I liked what the basketball coach had to say and he was right on the mark for the blame. Whether change will happen, is anyone's guess.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis