Robb elementary shooting in TX

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
You stated a fact that should be easy to prove…..I love grape kool aid mixed with lemonade, what flavor do you enjoy?
But since you want to start throwing out facts give me facts on the opposite. Prove to me that gun laws work. Also prove to me that democrats don't want to take our guns if they could. As you said either your right or I'm not. So it should be easy for you to prove.

You never answered my question. You said where are the gun lovers hiding about these kids. I'm a gun lover and I'm not hiding. So where are you on this? Thats what I asked? Real talk what are you willing to do and what solutions do you bring to a very complex problem

If you want to PM me on this so we can have a genuine conversation and not bog down this thread about the tragedy that just happened I'm down.

I'm at work so I won't be able to respond till after 10pm but PM me anytime. For reals you've always been cool towards me and everyone else here so I'm being sincere let's have a real talk about this. That's what people need to do anyways if we're going to figure this stuff out

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I'm a gun lover and I haven't shot up a school, don't ever plan to and would likely attempt to stop someone else if I saw them trying to do it (after notifying authorities of course).

These people need help, guns are a means to an end for them, not the actual problem.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
The guns are not the source of the problem, but if guns were not available to anyone, those massacres would not happen as frequently for sure.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
The guns are not the source of the problem, but if guns were not available to anyone, those massacres would not happen as frequently for sure.
Yeah it's pretty obvious that thanks to the stress of the last 3 years this has become WAY more of a problem. Something does have to be done. I stated it earlier. I'm a 2a lover but not by choice if someone could show me some policies that will work and keep us all safer in the process I'd like to stop loving the 2a so much.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Prove to me that the current gun permissions work compared to tighter controls....can't because they've not been implemented. Chickenshits on the right keep whining about the "leftists want to take my guns"....and in some cases depending on the guns, that could be true. How about at least trying a certification program for owners, to prove they can store, handle and use a gun properly? This kid who did the shooting did post on FB about the assault rifles he purchased (which really have no place in private hands in general)....in gun crazy Texas I suppose his buying such and posting on FB about it is just completely normal and nothing too unusual....something like abortions are much more important to regulate.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I saw 212 this year but at this point, who cares about the difference?

I will never believe that Mexico has only had 8 mass shootings this year. They had 39 shooting deaths in two events- 19 at a resort and 20 at a clandestine cockfight.

I'd like to know how and where he got the body armor.
Not sure of course, where the numbers came from for the source or what was included. I doubt those clandestine events would be included though.
Apparently, he didn't have the plates in place, just the vest that had straps for the magazines, etc.

I am just seeing on the news that he was chatting with a 15-year-old in Germany, sent her pictures of himself, etc.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

It's easy. We pass an amendment, we make stricter gun control laws. We start now and realize we have a good 20 years of hard work ahead of us.

Clearly what ever it is we are doing now IS NOT WORKING.
Its not working because the wrong people get elected and re-elected. That 90% who favor such strong controls, a good part of them also re-elect what we have now. Kind of counter intuitive. I want something but vote for something else. So, I blame them as well. Of course, the courts are not blameless, all the way to the supreme court.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

With the NRA convention this week it will be interesting to see how the 'talking heads' play the past two weeks into their agenda. I hope for the best but will not be holding my breath .........
Please don't. We need you here.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

This is what I found about that "Red Flag" business:

Eric Queen (eric.queen@newbernlive.org)•
Thu, Sep 30, 2021
Nothing like Infringing on Constitutional Rights in a spending bill.
A Red Flag Law infringing on the Constitutional Rights of American Service Members has found its way into the FY 2022 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA). The NDAA is how congress allocates funds for our National Defense and Military.
A Red Flag Law is a way for the courts to stop someone who has not been convicted of any crime and in the case of the NDAA does not even have a mental health evaluation from exercising their 2nd Amendment Constitutional Right.
The Red Flag Law buried in the NDAA stops the military member who received a Military Protective Order on an “ex parte basis” from “possessing, receiving, or otherwise accessing a firearm”. This provision would essentially require Military Commanders to confiscate the privately owned firearms of the service member and it would also stop the Military Member from performing any military duties that would require the use of a firearm.
The Red Flag Law in the NDAA could not be enforced against civilians or military family members only servicemembers subject to the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

It seems that would have applied to military personnel, not the civil population

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

The root cause of all this carnage, is the American Constitution. The American Constitution is a 223 year old fossil. It is long passed time for another constitutional conference. The document needs to be a body of law that can evolve with the times.

No private citizen should own or posses a gun. Possessing a gun or ammo should get you a life sentence. The second amendment is an absolute abomination.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Oh, but you forget the reasoning- if they can join the military at 18, why not guns and alcohol.
Military teaches them something useful. What do alcohol and cigarettes (also 18 req) teach them? Not to say I think an 18yr old should own a gun either, they are still stupid way past that age.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I read an interesting article on the shooter over at CNN when it dawned on me. This was a young man who grew up to hate his fellow humans with a passion. When that hate reached a critical point, committing a such a reprehensible crime against humanity went from an inconceivable notion to a genuine possibility. The scary part is that our culture is more primed today than it ever was to produce these kinds of individuals, and ensure their right to bear arms.

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
No private citizen should own or posses a gun. Possessing a gun or ammo should get you a life sentence. The second amendment is an absolute abomination.
I'm with you brother.. :)

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
In 2020, the most recent year for which complete data is available, 45,222 people died from gun-related injuries in the U.S., according to the CDC. That figure includes gun murders and gun suicides, along with three other, less common types of gun-related deaths tracked by the CDC: https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2022/02/03/what-the-data-says-about-gun-deaths-in-the-u-s/

And we the other side relating to distracted driving deaths. https://www.enddd.org/the-facts-about-distracted-driving/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0earrJT99wIVwj2tBh2yoAs5EAAYASAAEgK5HfD_BwE

7% of all fatal crashes in 2019 were distraction-related resulting in 3,142 lives lost . here were 36,096 fatalities in motor vehicle traffic crashes in 2019, which represented a 2% decrease from 2018 fatalities of 36,835. NHTSA

So I wonder, will Congress just do something and stop playing left vs right and stop worrying about the lobbyist and or their reelection chances. Address both issues ( guns and distracted driving) and then we have something, real. Both require better laws, and some real stiff penalties including prison and/or the death penalty if the person which caused either is alinve and found guilty..

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
if there were no guns then these nuts would do like Timothy McVeigh did. On April 19, 1995, just after 9 a.m., a massive truck bomb exploded outside the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building. The blast collapsed the north face of the nine-story building, instantly killing more than 100 people and trapping dozens more in the rubble. Emergency crews raced to Oklahoma City from across the country, and when the rescue effort finally ended two weeks later, the death toll stood at 168 people, including 19 young children who were in the building’s day-care center at the time of the blast. Just a diesel-fuel-fertilizer bomb where you can buy the stuff pretty much at any hardware type store and gas station. There is always a second choice for nuts that want to harm someone. Thats why overseas we always read about bombs in cars, trucks, in buildings killing people.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
if there were no guns then these nuts would do like Timothy McVeigh did. On April 19, 1995, just after 9 a.m., a massive truck bomb exploded outside the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building. The blast collapsed the north face of the nine-story building, instantly killing more than 100 people and trapping dozens more in the rubble. Emergency crews raced to Oklahoma City from across the country, and when the rescue effort finally ended two weeks later, the death toll stood at 168 people, including 19 young children who were in the building’s day-care center at the time of the blast. Just a diesel-fuel-fertilizer bomb where you can buy the stuff pretty much at any hardware type store and gas station. There is always a second choice for nuts that want to harm someone. Thats why overseas we always read about bombs in cars, trucks, in buildings killing people.
It is the gun
1653569012926.png

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis