Robb elementary shooting in TX

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
As I posted in the Buffalo thread, the drinking age used to be 18 until Congress raised it to 21 because 18 year olds couldn't handle themselves. I think that anyone under 21 should have their parent(s) involved in any gun purchase and at this point, some guns should be restricted, no body armor, no social media posts about violence, crimes of violence that can be lied about in order to pass the background check. Juvenile records can be accessed for specific reasons and access for NICS check is one that should be allowed.

Still won't stop illegal gun use by shooters of any age, though.

They could do lock-downs and search everywhere for guns and it would have the same effect as evaporation from a lake. Water is lost but it always rains again. Guns may be removed, but more will take their place.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Well yeah of course but how realistic is that in the good ol USA?
It's easy. We pass an amendment, we make stricter gun control laws. We start now and realize we have a good 20 years of hard work ahead of us.

Clearly what ever it is we are doing now IS NOT WORKING.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It is hard to weed out the mentally unstable ones. You can't tell sometimes because they hide it well or it just builds up for a long time until they snap. I mean, there are signs, but you can't always tell who will go off the deep end until they do. There needs to be some higher level of scrutiny on firearm purchases though.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
It's easy. We pass an amendment, we make stricter gun control laws. We start now and realize we have a good 20 years of hard work ahead of us.

Clearly what ever it is we are doing now IS NOT WORKING.
I actually 100% agree with you. Ive posted before this gun control sh$t should have been started 20 to 40 years ago.

My point is how is it ever going to START WORKING if the governing party can't enforce the laws they already have in place?

If democrats would stop catering to fringe politics and actually enforce laws and policy I would have jumped ship a long a$$ time ago.

I haven't been happy with my party for a long a$$ time now

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Yeah great point. Just like Roe vs Wade this is a huge sticking point for Republicans. I do think the vast majority of Americans want some form of gun control.

Both issues will get us crushed at the booth

But as you point out whose going to go for any rules or laws until they actually enforce them?
Politicians talking about gun control is only effective in making one group of people think they (politicians) have a clue about the problem and another group think they (politicians and anyone in favor of gun control) are idiots. No controls that have been talked about will solve the problem. Mandatory hand-in or buy-back won't work and confiscation by Law Enforcement/military wouldn't collect all guns because people will hide some of them. It would cut down on shootings, though. If they bought every one of the estimated 400 million guns and paid $150, it would cost $60 Billion plus transportation, payroll, etc and again, that's only if everyone turns in their guns.

That still doesn't address the mental health problem and that's inseparable from violence in the US.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Politicians talking about gun control is only effective in making one group of people think they (politicians) have a clue about the problem and another group think they (politicians and anyone in favor of gun control) are idiots. No controls that have been talked about will solve the problem. Mandatory hand-in or buy-back won't work and confiscation by Law Enforcement/military wouldn't collect all guns because people will hide some of them. It would cut down on shootings, though. If they bought every one of the estimated 400 million guns and paid $150, it would cost $60 Billion plus transportation, payroll, etc and again, that's only if everyone turns in their guns.

That still doesn't address the mental health problem and that's inseparable from violence in the US.
As someone who works in mental health I agree

60 billion? Holy sh$t that's insane

highfigh

highfigh

It is hard to weed out the mentally unstable ones. You can't tell sometimes because they hide it well or it just builds up for a long time until they snap. I mean, there are signs, but you can't always tell who will go off the deep end until they do. There needs to be some higher level of scrutiny on firearm purchases though.
The Buffalo guy invited people to his online chat- if ONE of them had said something, it could have been stopped but because they were invited, it's highly unlikely because they were of similar mind. The kid in TX was noticeably angry & detached- it was noticeable enough that someone should have said something, to someone. But they didn't. 39 lives lost because people couldn't bother to open their yaps.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
As I posted in the Buffalo thread, the drinking age used to be 18 until Congress raised it to 21 because 18 year olds couldn't handle themselves. I think that anyone under 21 should have their parent(s) involved in any gun purchase and at this point, some guns should be restricted, no body armor, no social media posts about violence, crimes of violence that can be lied about in order to pass the background check. Juvenile records can be accessed for specific reasons and access for NICS check is one that should be allowed.

Still won't stop illegal gun use by shooters of any age, though.

They could do lock-downs and search everywhere for guns and it would have the same effect as evaporation from a lake. Water is lost but it always rains again. Guns may be removed, but more will take their place.
If the drinking age is 21 guns should be 21 period. That would be a start

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
With the NRA convention this week it will be interesting to see how the 'talking heads' play the past two weeks into their agenda. I hope for the best but will not be holding my breath .........

highfigh

highfigh

As someone who works in mental health I agree

60 billion? Holy sh$t that's insane
At this point, $60B is a drop in the government's bucket. They just approved another $40B to go to Ukraine and it could pass $53B.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Specifically when has the current administration state as a policy goal, take away all guns from private citizens?
If you don't think that's what our current crop of democratic politicians would just love to do. I guess just keep drinking the kool-aid my friend.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The Buffalo guy invited people to his online chat- if ONE of them had said something, it could have been stopped but because they were invited, it's highly unlikely because they were of similar mind. The kid in TX was noticeably angry & detached- it was noticeable enough that someone should have said something, to someone. But they didn't. 39 lives lost because people couldn't bother to open their yaps.
Because it is difficult to tell if they will act on it, but I agree. If you see that kind of anti-social, angry behavior, you should speak up, but to WHOM? Direct threats of violence should be called out as well. Police won't do anything about it until something actually happens, especially if no threat has actually been made. At the very least, an investigation of the person's social media, etc...

After Columbine, there is scrutiny over threats over email/social media that are now required to be taken seriously, but if nobody reports it, nothing happens. "Electronic" threats are actually a felony now because of Columbine.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

From the first link, "which means there will be a strong push for gun control legislation allowing Americans to freely go to a bar, a concert, a movie theater, a classroom, a place of worship, a yoga studio, etc., without the fear of being shot."- and where do most mass shootings happen?

From comments in the same link, it shows that some in Congress don't understand the problem or how gun sales work. At least one thinks that background checks would help when guns are bought online. Many online resellers require that an FFL be chosen in order for them to ship- it's not optional. Private sales don't require a background check if they have no reason to believe the buyer should be prevented from buying a gun.

Even if it's made mandatory, some people will skirt the law.

Here's more info about who voted for new provisions in the most recent NDAA-

highfigh

highfigh

Because it is difficult to tell if they will act on it, but I agree. If you see that kind of anti-social, angry behavior, you should speak up, but to WHOM? Direct threats of violence should be called out as well. Police won't do anything about it until something actually happens, especially if no threat has actually been made. At the very least, an investigation of the person's social media, etc...

After Columbine, there is scrutiny over threats over email/social media that are now required to be taken seriously, but if nobody reports it, nothing happens. "Electronic" threats are actually a felony now.
Parents, Police, school- they can all act on it. Police get info about threats all the time and a lot of recent murders have been the result when someone violates a TRO, whether they weren't supposed to have a gun, or not.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan

After Columbine, there is scrutiny over threats over email/social media that are now required to be taken seriously, but if nobody reports it, nothing happens. "Electronic" threats are actually a felony now because of Columbine.
Possible tool that could help ?? ......

highfigh

highfigh

Possible tool that could help ?? ......

The NDAA allowed use of X-Ray cameras during the protests in 2021- I'd like to see less harmful ways to do this, but if they don't start using metal detectors in public places, I see a time when many people will stay at home, rather than risk their lives.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
If you don't think that's what our current crop of democratic politicians would just love to do. I guess just keep drinking the kool-aid my friend.
You stated a fact that should be easy to prove…..I love grape kool aid mixed with lemonade, what flavor do you enjoy?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Black chee
You stated a fact that should be easy to prove…..I love grape kool aid mixed with lemonade, what flavor do you enjoy?
Black cherry was the bomb when I was a kid bro.
I like grape too just without the lemonade.

This isn't a clip proving the point but he's a starting point go back through his clips and his channel and do your research he's been battling politicians on this for years. He's also a lawyer so he knows what he's talking about. Also links are provided in his clips from othere that talk about and give evidence to the conversations about gun control our politicians don't like to have

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis