Receivers and subwoofers

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I really appreciate all the help. We'll see if I'm still alive when my wife find out I spend 800 in a sub :eek:

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Hey man just paying back all the help everyones given me your on your on with the wife tho

N

Nestorsh

Junior Audioholic
If I don't come back to put my review after I get it... please call 911 on my wife... lol
Hey man just paying back all the help everyones given me your on your on with the wife tho

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Hey just to give you a heads up I have 2 of the SVS PB 2000's the ported ones. Any they rock in your room space they will blow you AWAY. I have a huge open living room and they handle that space surprisingly well so I'm kind off jealous Id love to hear one of them in a smaller area like you got. They go down to 17hz that's DEEP for a sub that price and they handle music just as good as they do movies. A very musical sub for a ported sub I was very surprised about that
Did you start with two PB2000 or buy one and add another later? I am on the fence on getting a 2nd Rythmik LVX12 and doing 3 identical bookshelf speakers vs just buying tower speakers. One sub is pretty dam loud. 2 would be insane.... But I don’t really believe in overkill... :)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Did you start with two PB2000 or buy one and add another later? I am on the fence on getting a 2nd Rythmik LVX12 and doing 3 identical bookshelf speakers vs just buying tower speakers. One sub is pretty dam loud. 2 would be insane.... But I don’t really believe in overkill... :)
I bought 2 right off the bat it's a big big floor plan and I like they're upgrade program so I bought 2 and figured I'd trade up if I needed more headroom. I like your using the 3 bookshelves as your fronts. I use 3 SVS prime towers as my fronts. This has worked way way better then any center channel I've ever used. I'd have gone bookshelves but the size of the room I figured I'd need towers. I know a lottof people don't have that kind off space on setup but I did and audioholics has a lotto f good articles on why this setup sounds so great. In regards to loudness getting 2 subs isn't always about the loudness. I was surprised at how smoother and better the bass was over a much broader area I was also able to get to the loudness I like without pushing the subs as hard which saves wear and tear on your sub and it's amp. And it never overpowered my mids or highs in fact because the bass was cleaner it made them sound better. I'm spoiled now I'll never go back to 1 sub in fact my goal know is 4! Seriously! :p. So if you can get that 2nd sub I say go for it bro I love mine!

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I bought 2 right off the bat it's a big big floor plan and I like they're upgrade program so I bought 2 and figured I'd trade up if I needed more headroom. I like your using the 3 bookshelves as your fronts. I use 3 SVS prime towers as my fronts. This has worked way way better then any center channel I've ever used. I'd have gone bookshelves but the size of the room I figured I'd need towers. I know a lottof people don't have that kind off space on setup but I did and audioholics has a lotto f good articles on why this setup sounds so great. In regards to loudness getting 2 subs isn't always about the loudness. I was surprised at how smoother and better the bass was over a much broader area I was also able to get to the loudness I like without pushing the subs as hard which saves wear and tear on your sub and it's amp. And it never overpowered my mids or highs in fact because the bass was cleaner it made them sound better. I'm spoiled now I'll never go back to 1 sub in fact my goal know is 4! Seriously! :p. So if you can get that 2nd sub I say go for it bro I love mine!
I think that if I get a 2nd sub I will be happiest. I can then get several bookshelves to audition easier than several towers. If I still want towers I can do dual subs plus towers. LOL :)

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Hell yeah I like the sound of that I think you'll love going dual subs I know I did. Besides there never is such a thing as too much more in our audio! ;)

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Ya so my goal is 5.2.4. Is that what you run?

N

Nestorsh

Junior Audioholic
Hell yeah I like the sound of that I think you'll love going dual subs I know I did. Besides there never is such a thing as too much more in our audio! ;)
Can't wait to get mine and see what we talking about....

N

Nestorsh

Junior Audioholic
Someone know how good is the subwoofer from definitive technology super cube 2000 7 1/2 in?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Ya so my goal is 5.2.4. Is that what you run?
Right now it's 7.2 I bought a house last summer and have been fixing it up. But I needed to do some improvements so unfortunately I'm having to slowly increase my upgrades to my audio. My goal is 7.2.4 with all separates and power amps right now I'm upgrading all the speakers and subs and then next year after I finish saving up its all separates and then show time baby! Lol And then! Lol 7.4.4 with 4 subs oh yeeeeaaahhho_O

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Someone know how good is the subwoofer from definitive technology super cube 2000 7 1/2 in?

Ugghhhh! Def tech subs are not good at all. I've had they're towers in the past and 3 things I don't like about def tech. 1 specs for they're speakers are overinflated. 2. They're are limits to they're speakers on musicality. Not bad they're are just better for the price that handle both. 3. They're subwoofers just aren't that great for the money. Also And the subs in the towers are cool but putting your bass where your towers are isn't always the ideal spot for your bass. That's why I like subs you can put em anywhere you want for the best bass you can squeeze out of your room. Then you can save money on towers that aren't asked to go full range. Dude bro stay away from that Def Tech supercube

N

Nestorsh

Junior Audioholic
Ugghhhh! Def tech subs are not good at all. I've had they're towers in the past and 3 things I don't like about def tech. 1 specs for they're speakers are overinflated. 2. They're are limits to they're speakers on musicality. Not bad they're are just better for the price that handle both. 3. They're subwoofers just aren't that great for the money. Also And the subs in the towers are cool but putting your bass where your towers are isn't always the ideal spot for your bass. That's why I like subs you can put em anywhere you want for the best bass you can squeeze out of your room. Then you can save money on towers that aren't asked to go full range. Dude bro stay away from that Def Tech supercube
I am, my svs pb2000 it's on its way... but I saw that one I think driver it's too small for 650w... I can be wrong. Don't know much about that stuff.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

Trust me bro upgrading to SVS is a great call for you you will not regret that PB 2000 I LOOOOOVE mine and Ive had all the lower tier Polk Klipsch and in my opinion Def Tech. On they're subwoofers that is. SVS is the first time I've heard true quality bass and I'm so glad I took the plunge on a company like SVS or Rhythmik or HSU.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I am, my svs pb2000 it's on its way... but I saw that one I think driver it's too small for 650w... I can be wrong. Don't know much about that stuff.

The driver diameter doesn't tell you much about anything but the surface area it can push air with, but not much about the amp needs....and the amp wattage spec alone without knowing the basis of the spec (is that continuous/program or peak power? for what frequency/range?) doesn't tell you much either. Let alone simple details like impedance or sensitivity to use it with. DT is kinda light fingered with real useful spec....

ps Want to check out some real reviews/specs on subs try data-bass.com as well as the ones here on this site.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
The driver diameter doesn't tell you much about anything but the surface area it can push air with, but not much about the amp needs....and the amp wattage spec alone without knowing the basis of the spec (is that continuous/program or peak power? for what frequency/range?) doesn't tell you much either. Let alone simple details like impedance or sensitivity to use it with. DT is kinda light fingered with real useful spec....

ps Want to check out some real reviews/specs on subs try data-bass.com as well as the ones here on this site.
Hey bro

Amen on everything you just said

N

Nestorsh

Junior Audioholic
That sounded too fancy ... I have another question, what's the difference between use an lfe cord vs rca (white and red)?

N

Nestorsh

Junior Audioholic
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis