Receiver upgrade help

Ty Wayne

Ty Wayne

Audioholic
For 2 ch music I don't think there is a "reference" as such. Listening to 2ch music at 85 dB is really loud and if not careful, you risk hearing damage. Movie is actually not as bad because you don't get 85 dB all the time. With music, if you mainly listen to normal pops, rock and roll, jazz etc., I don't think you get more than 10 dB peaks so I think you will be safe as long as you keep the AVR well ventilated. I really can't understand why people could listen to music that loud at home, regardless of hearing loss/damage concerns.
Right, that's how I understand regarding music, in that its not mixed like movies so it varies. I guess I was referring to "reference" in this instance as to what the gain was set at on my AVR. As for music that loud, its not a volume that I'd sit and listen to for a lengthy amount of time. However, the right song that really rocks, I certainly do like to crank it up. :D Then shortly afterward, I'll turn it back down.

Ty Wayne

Ty Wayne

Audioholic
What a relief!!
Got my xpa-2 today and got it set up and ran Audyssey again. I love it. My music sounds fantastic at reference level now! :D Popped in Blu-ray also. Watched about an hour and a half of Braveheart. Again, sounds great! I cant thank you and everyone else enough for helping me along!

Quick question for you. I've never messed with a trigger cable, but I wanted to hook one up from my AVR to the emo. I wasn't sure exactly what cable I needed. However, the emo actually came with a cable in an unlabeled package. I'm assuming its the trigger cable I need??? The manual tells you how to hook it up, but it doesn't mention that they supplied the cable in the box. I'm simply assuming its the cable I need. I took a picture of it, can you confirm that this is the correct cable?

Attachments

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Got my xpa-2 today and got it set up and ran Audyssey again. I love it. My music sounds fantastic at reference level now! :D Popped in Blu-ray also. Watched about an hour and a half of Braveheart. Again, sounds great! I cant thank you and everyone else enough for helping me along!

Quick question for you. I've never messed with a trigger cable, but I wanted to hook one up from my AVR to the emo. I wasn't sure exactly what cable I needed. However, the emo actually came with a cable in an unlabeled package. I'm assuming its the trigger cable I need??? The manual tells you how to hook it up, but it doesn't mention that they supplied the cable in the box. I'm simply assuming its the cable I need. I took a picture of it, can you confirm that this is the correct cable?
It looks like it. Marantz is funny, the separates AV880X and MM80XX have the RCA types but the AVR's are mini jack.

Ty Wayne

Ty Wayne

Audioholic
It looks like it. Marantz is funny, the separates AV880X and MM80XX have the RCA types but the AVR's are mini jack.
Okay, thanks. I tried it and it works. I know things like this seem like silly questions, and maybe they are. But I just spent a lot of money on this stuff and I want to make sure I'm doing the right thing before I go pushing a cable into a hole without being sure about it. :eek:

Thanks again.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Okay, thanks. I tried it and it works. I know things like this seem like silly questions, and maybe they are. But I just spent a lot of money on this stuff and I want to make sure I'm doing the right thing before I go pushing a cable into a hole without being sure about it. :eek:

Thanks again.
No problem, this is a great place to ask questions as there seem to be quite a few experienced and willing people around all the time.:D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis