Reavon (Oppo replacement)

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I wonder if that is the smartest move on Panasonic's part not to include SACD in their package or does Sony hold the license for that technology which they do explains why Panny doesn't include it. Does Sony play DVD-A discs?
I wouldn't know details about the conflict between the two manufacturers. It's obvious that Panasonic lose sales because their players don't play SACDs or DVD-As. I like the reliability of their products. By the way, the Sony UBP players however also play DVD-A discs.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Panasonics do not support DVD-AUDIO or SACD. This makes the feature set and price combo of the Sony X800M2 the best value for a disc player.

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
A writer in an earlier post suggested that Reavon was simply a Oppo knock-off. I found the thing rather clunky, and the remote left a lot to be desired. I think the main problem with Reavon is there lack of Dealer / retail back-up. With regard to any warranty claims. They've never really taken off with the buying public. Most people are lazy, and don't want to search round to find a retailer. They simply want to pay the cost and go home with there new model.

As far as price goes Lazer on special at your local retailer even our local Australia Post outlet have them at $29. each And they play just about everything, Internet up-dates are available Someone once suggested that you buy three of them, One in use, one in repair, and one in the post.

On the subject of multi Analogue outputs. One make / model that seams to be forgot is the Harman Kardon DVD 47, while these are now somewhat dated, they did have a full set of Analogue RCA connects plus a lone HDMI, and some thing which is probably unknown to the American market is a SCART [[ European models only ]] connection. Which unlike the HDMI connection also carries a Trigger connection. As I say they are dated, But they do turn up on the used market from time to time.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I did more digging into the Reavon and found a review with measurements. The Oppo was the only universal disc player and since its demise, Reavon has now become the only universal player. However, based on this review, its no Oppo in performance.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
The Sony UBP-X800M2 is also a universal disc player, as the article mentions. The Sony is the far better value of the two players.
Screenshot 2023-04-17 at 6.55.44 PM.png

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I did more digging into the Reavon and found a review with measurements. The Oppo was the only universal disc player and since its demise, Reavon has now become the only universal player. However, based on this review, its no Oppo in performance.

No, the Sony UBP-X800m2 is also a universal player and it's the only sensible choice and at a good price.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis