Reavon (Oppo replacement)

M

mck22mck

Audiophyte
Has anyone had any experience with the Reavon UBR-X110 or UBR-X200? I have an Oppo 105 that still works well, but I am afraid it will either drop dead or will eventually become too old and out of spec to keep up with future upgrades. I play blu-ray discs mostly for music and musical theater videos, along with multi-channel SACDs. (Regular CDs and 2 channel SACDs I rip to files) I'm most interested in the Reavon's reliability and the level of customer service now that Zaptiti no longer handles Reavon products.

Last edited:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Has anyone had any experience with the Reavon UBR-X110 or UBR-X200? I have an Oppo 105 that still works well, but I am afraid it will either drop dead or will eventually become too old and out of spec to keep up with future upgrades. I play blu-ray discs mostly for music and musical theater videos, along with multi-channel SACDs. (Regular CDs and 2 channel SACDs I rip to files) I'm most interested in the Reavon's reliability and the level of customer service now that Zaptiti no longer handles Reavon products.
Zaptiti! Pull the other one. Get a Sony or Panasonic to replace your OPPO.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You may be out of luck on the SACD ripping without the Oppo (altho I thought only older models than yours allowed that for the dsd part).

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Go with a Panasonic 820 or 9000 over the Reavon.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I don’t think there are any Panasonic player that supports SACD that the OP plays for multichannel.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I don’t think there are any Panasonic player that supports SACD that the OP plays for multichannel.
Seems the top two players don't play the disc, but can play the dsd files themselves.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If you want something that will play just about anything, consider investing in a Ayre Acoustics https://www.stereophile.com/cdplayers/840/index.html.

As for someone saying Panasonic are considered a top player, there simply delusional . Panasonic are simply a mass produced product and there nothing special.
That is just a 20 year old cd player, won't play blurays let alone multich sacd. Ayre is a bit of a silly company in any case, best remembered for when they just put an Oppo in a housing and called it their own....(DX-5). Wonder whose player they stuffed in the one you linked....

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
That is just a 20 year old cd player, won't play blurays let alone multich sacd. Ayre is a bit of a silly company in any case, best remembered for when they just put an Oppo in a housing and called it their own....(DX-5). Wonder whose player they stuffed in the one you linked....
It's as if he did not read the OP. :)

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
That is just a 20 year old cd player, won't play blurays let alone multich sacd.
Once again your incorrect I quote,, – the multichannel-capable DX-5 will play CDs, SACDs, high-resolution DVD-Audio discs, DVD-Video and Blu-ray disc

I've been aware of Ayre for years and yes I do know of what I speak. Do you sell their crap?
Once again your simply blowing smoke. You have no idea about Ayre products or anything else for that matter..
As for selling. I don't sell anything and never have. But you seem to be under the illusion that I am in the retail business, when it comes to audio.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Once again your incorrect I quote,, – the multichannel-capable DX-5 will play CDs, SACDs, high-resolution DVD-Audio discs, DVD-Video and Blu-ray disc

Once again your simply blowing smoke. You have no idea about Ayre products or anything else for that matter..
As for selling. I don't sell anything and never have. But you seem to be under the illusion that I am in the retail business, when it comes to audio.
You linked to the CX-7 earlier you twit. Of course the DX-5 has more capability, it's an Oppo with a higher price and exterior to please audiophools. Well it's at least a relief you aren't passing on your lack of knowledge that way....

M

mck22mck

Audiophyte
Thanks everyone. I did look at the Ayre web site and they no longer offer the DX-5 or any other multichannel device, and as mentioned, the Panasonic doesn't play SACDs.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If I needed another one now I'd probably get a Sony; I have three Sony bluray players now plus an Oppo and am good for a while I think....

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I have a Sony UDP-X800 and it plays SACDs and DVD-A discs just as well as my Oppo UBP-203. IMO, Sony is the product to purchase now.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I have an OPPO 93 in its box that hasn't been used in years.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I have an OPPO 93 in its box that hasn't been used in years.
I picked one of these up for $20 minus the remote 2 years ago at a good will shop and its working flawlessly. It loads blurays quite quickly despite its age.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis