Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
apparently sleep is overrated..
I just got back, its past my bedtime. :)

You can't sleep? I'm an insomniac also. I've mostly taken the better living through chemistry approach:

Can't sleep? Take an ambien.
Didn't sleep well last night? Take adderall
Woke up in the middle of the night, too late to take an ambien and still wake up on time? Smoke some herb or take a 5mg ambien (works in my for like 3 hours)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
thanks for that link, Dave... very informative and enlightening..
I stay away from articles like that lest I become an informed conservative and start collecting assault rifles and hanging out at the Windsor Ballet. I prefer to bumble along hoping for world peace trying to save the whales ... but I appreciate the effort.

J/K, none of those statements are true. I just wanted to say something ... :confused:

I think Alex has been listening to Tom Jones too much...
At least enough to know that the live versions of She's a Lady don't hold a candle to the studio recording.
Yeah, that's right. I own one of each on vinyl. :eek:

Let me tell you a funny work story. I was weaving a 10' sheet into this very dark room wearing my hard hat and sweat covered safety glasses when I caught my drywall laden knuckles on the door frame hard enough to make the red come out. A couple of band aides and some electrical tape saw me through to the next room I had to board up. It had a pile of trash right in the middle of it which I immediately pushed out into the hallway right in front of the stair way. The superintendent lost his mind. I told him that nobody was working there and it would only be in the way of the 2 or 3 people who walked the job wearing clean shoes. When he started spouting off about 'path of egress' I commented that he was obviously taking this safety stuff a lot more seriously than me. That was all it took for him to be calling my boss to get a laborer to clean that up which was good with me because nobody ever would have gotten it out of my way.

I loaded up a dolly with sheets and rolled them into my freshly cleaned out room which had been boarded from the outside. The first thing I did was to stand a full sheet over the door way and put a couple of screws in it. Now that I had some privacy I took off all my clothes ... whoops, wrong forum. No, the privacy afforded me the opportunity to work sans hot hard hat and sweat covered safety glasses which leads to the messed up part. The very last sheet that I put in needed a bunch of pipe holes cut into it about 20" above the floor. So I cut the holes all nice nice and carefully placed the sheet on the wall so that all the pipe stubs poked through the sheet. I thought I had enough 'lean' on the sheet to step away to pick my screw gun up off the floor ... not. I looked back at the sheet to admire my work just in time to see that the 10' tall sheet was coming down at yours truly. I threw my arms up to keep it's close to 100 lbs from slamming me in the face. I may not be pretty but that wouldn't have helped my cause at all. My right shoulder which I had successfully been nursing all week long immediately took 2 steps back and the sheet snapped right at the pipe holes. Sh!t.

I'll not again taunt the safety gods. :eek:

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
The netfilix ads are getting REALLY annoying. Seriously Gene can you do anything to stop this at all. I am having to close out 100 pages everytime I come to my favorite site,This sucks and please fix it........
He'll get right on it after this scheduled commercial break....

May I recommend you signup for Netflix in the meantime? ;)

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Let me tell you a funny work story. I was weaving a 10' sheet into this very dark room wearing my hard hat and sweat covered safety glasses when I caught my drywall laden knuckles on the door frame hard enough to make the red come out. A couple of band aides and some electrical tape saw me through to the next room I had to board up. It had a pile of trash right in the middle of it which I immediately pushed out into the hallway right in front of the stair way. The superintendent lost his mind. I told him that nobody was working there and it would only be in the way of the 2 or 3 people who walked the job wearing clean shoes. When he started spouting off about 'path of egress' I commented that he was obviously taking this safety stuff a lot more seriously than me. That was all it took for him to be calling my boss to get a laborer to clean that up which was good with me because nobody ever would have gotten it out of my way.

I loaded up a dolly with sheets and rolled them into my freshly cleaned out room which had been boarded from the outside. The first thing I did was to stand a full sheet over the door way and put a couple of screws in it. Now that I had some privacy I took off all my clothes ... whoops, wrong forum. No, the privacy afforded me the opportunity to work sans hot hard hat and sweat covered safety glasses which leads to the messed up part. The very last sheet that I put in needed a bunch of pipe holes cut into it about 20" above the floor. So I cut the holes all nice nice and carefully placed the sheet on the wall so that all the pipe stubs poked through the sheet. I thought I had enough 'lean' on the sheet to step away to pick my screw gun up off the floor ... not. I looked back at the sheet to admire my work just in time to see that the 10' tall sheet was coming down at yours truly. I threw my arms up to keep it's close to 100 lbs from slamming me in the face. I may not be pretty but that wouldn't have helped my cause at all. My right shoulder which I had successfully been nursing all week long immediately took 2 steps back and the sheet snapped right at the pipe holes. Sh!t.

I'll not again taunt the safety gods. :eek:
Karma....;):D The buttheads rockers I worked with would have said that the finishers can fix it.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Karma....;):D The buttheads rockers I worked with would have said that the finishers can fix it.
That option received some serious consideration. Actually, it's still an option come Monday. Those finishers can cry all they want but they have to take whatever it is that I feel like dishing out. LOL! :D

For a butthead rocker I'm pretty considerate but believe me that that is a thankless task. Their foreman already gave me a veiled threat to tattle on me if I kept exploding the sides of electrical boxes.

Finisher's are women. :D

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
That option received some serious consideration. Actually, it's still an option come Monday. Those finishers can cry all they want but they have to take whatever it is that I feel like dishing out. LOL! :D

For a butthead rocker I'm pretty considerate but believe me that that is a thankless task. Their foreman already gave me a veiled threat to tattle on me if I kept exploding the sides of electrical boxes.

Finisher's are women. :D
Yea Yea I know..."tape is 2" wide"

Most construction workers are women. Always griping about something.;):)

Well at least there's no frozen poop on the ceiling!:D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Yea Yea I know..."tape is 2" wide"
Tapers die a little inside every time they hear that.

Well at least there's no frozen poop on the ceiling!:D
You remembered! :) I ever tell you about the painter who would piss in a box of screws and then watch the drywallers put them in their mouths? :eek:

I don't put screws in my mouth ... anymore. ;)

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Tapers die a little inside every time they hear that.

You remembered! :) I ever tell you about the painter who would piss in a box of screws and then watch the drywallers put them in their mouths? :eek:

I don't put screws in my mouth ... anymore. ;)

nice...I wish I would have thought of that.:rolleyes::D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm a bit disappointed (and annoyed, actually) that JCPenney no longer carries the Dockers style of pants that I like in my size. I thought that maybe they were out of stock, but it's been a month or two and no luck. Well, online that is. :) The smallest size that they carry is one size too big.

Maybe I just need to start pounding down some more corn dogs and pizza so that they'll fit. Hmmm. Thinking outside the box (shut up :p).

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
How odd. I'm just one size away from being forced to buy underwear big enough to be used as sails by the Taiwan Navy. :eek:
On the bright side, the Taiwananiuns, or Taiwanese or whatever have really small ships. They're low on sea men.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I was all excited. My parents bought a new TV stand so that they could get a new HDTV. They were thinking 42", but I was hoping to push that to 46". Apparently, my dad wore my mom down (I'm speculating) and now they aren't getting the new stand (it hadn't been delivered and they just got a refund) and will get a 26" widescreen because that will fit in their existing cabinet. The screen will be smaller than their 27" CRT. I'm almost depressed now. :p

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
I think that I might. ;) :D
I am certainly curious if you have the ability do divulge my whereabouts to that monkey and the crazy redhead that stalked me back when I was a freshman, who has apparently told the monkey to use the term "gf" like it is true to send extra shivers down my spine... :eek:

Not at all ... but me and your ex-g/f are riding together on the way to your place to save gas money. Even stalkers have to budget. :D
One must respect the financially responsible, even if they are sport-stalkers. :)

strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
She still loves you man.
Not a huge surprise there. I am sure trying hard to get my wife to learn how use a gun in case the redhead shows up at the door, teeth bared, with firey red eyes and a nasty pink foam around the mouth ready to lunge. Unfortunately the wife is terrified of guns and I can't get the dog to dislike anyone, so I will have to figure something else out. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis