Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
strube

strube

Audioholic Field Marshall
Seriously though, Strube.. how the heck have you been? Hows the married life? Or continued married life? Sorry I get everybody confused... Storage room B is the dangerous one..
That's okay. Yeah, the recently married life is good.

We are just trying to stay afloat and get research done on no pay. I am assuming you haven't heard me complaining to no end about getting my funding cut off (bastard university...:mad:). She still gets paid and it is barely enough to cover rent, and I have to work my butt off to finish before December with no moneys, so I can give those guys the finger (the middle one) and go to California (yay...) and do a really cool job in a really crappy place...

We emptied out the extra bedroom early so I moved my office from the bedroom into the extra bedroom. I have been working on it all week and just got my Paradigm Cinema system set up in here and it sounds pretty good. I am using my dad's Denon AVR-1909 while he is in limbo with a big house sale, which is better than the AVR-686 I was using before. This is kind of the first night I have been able to take off after the moving and it is nice.

How have you been? :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Amanda Wyss is one beautiful woman. Well, at least she was in the shows that I've seen here in (including Silverado just now).

strube

strube

Wow.. good thanks.. hey, all the best, seriously. I hope things just keep progressin for the better...

none of my business, but, are you a younger guy? Whats the plan?
Oooga booga.

Yes, that's right. I edited this one good, pardner.

Last edited:
adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah I am, I guess. I just turned 26 approximately 13 days ago.

I got a Bachelors degree in mechanical engineering and another one in electrical engineering, and since then (2007), I have been trying to finish my Master's degree for a long time and have almost quit a few times because it sucks (you can search my threads, I am sure I made one whining about how much I wanted to quit). Anyway, I interviewed for a job and accepted an offer, but that offer is only good if I finish my damned Masters before December.

So I guess the plan is basically to finish the Masters and go get paid, and bring the dog and my wife along. She actually got an offer at the same place (for more money, too). She is trying to finish her Masters in electrical engineering. The sooner I can finish, the better though, because since they cut off my funding I have had a really hard time not buying toys.

I also plan to buy a Porsche Cayman S.
Seriously, good for you.... I might be just a few months older than you and it sounds like you're on a "path". At least your girl is motivated too. Just keep rollin with what comes at you and you really can't go wrong. If it does, just start a thread in the Steam Vent like markw...

Congrats on the new commitment, keep learning, bro.. its all you can do in your field. Be glad your girl is intelligent, give her every opportunity in the world to pay for your toys and thank the good Lord every day for Micro Brews.. good luck, my man, good luck...

What is your real name, by the way.. this is the only place on the internet you can be yourself, by the way...

Damon,

just kidding...

Adam...

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
What, you know her? Is she feeling old and desperate? Oh, please...oh, please...
Old? Nope...

Desperate? Satisfied..

I dunno.. I'm just guessin..

I saw Rick leavin there on my way in...

strube

strube

Seriously, good for you.... I might be just a few months older than you and it sounds like you're on a "path". At least your girl is motivated too. Just keep rollin with what comes at you and you really can't go wrong. If it does, just start a thread in the Steam Vent like markw...

Congrats on the new commitment, keep learning, bro.. its all you can do in your field. Be glad your girl is intelligent, give her every opportunity in the world to pay for your toys and thank the good Lord every day for Micro Brews.. good luck, my man, good luck...

What is your real name, by the way.. this is the only place on the internet you can be yourself, by the way...

Damon,

just kidding...

Adam...
Thank you sir.

I don't have a real name... Well, gotta keep a bit of mystery in this thing or a Google search could bring a barrage of sports-cyber-stalkers down on me like a pile of two day old McDonald's fries and dog poop, and nobody likes either of those very much, and they especially don't want to be covered in them.

That's why nobody knows quite where I am as well.

Maybe I am paranoid. Or maybe those sports-cyber-stalkers are just better off not knowing where or exactly who I am, else their face meets with a .40 caliber hollow point bullet, or maybe a shotgun and a Coke bottle of diesel fuel, like that poor chair that is my avatar...

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis