Really Boring Stuff Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Warlord
Just come to think of another thing..... just to make things even more complicated for you....

It may not be the or any amplifier module at all, it could be the connectors between the backplane and the amp module, yes? or ?

so if you connect a module and get hum, you may think that it's the amp that's wrong..... but it's not for certain that it is....

Just a thought .....

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Still rocking the Callaway, but I'm about ready to snap the shaft in half. I have the Fujikura E360 in it, and it couldn't be more wrong for me. I don't know what the deal is, but I can't hit a straight ball for anything with it (trajectory is ok). Time to go get fitted I suppose.

I played at Ironhorse (I live 3 blocks from the clubhouse). We played the blues and I shot a 93, which is 5 strokes over my handicap (13.3). At least my putter was working ok, and I had a few nice approach shots.

When are you coming to KC to come play some golf?
oooohhh.. Ironhorse is a great track. Not real long but a shotmakers course for sure. Definitely tough to score well if you're not driving it straight. Where do you buy your stuff up there? There's a couple really good fitters and a Vector Pro at the Golf Stop on 135th in overland park. I need to get up there. Its been so busy here and its not that far, a getaway for a day would be nice. Theres some really good golf up there.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Finally, one of my countrymen and a voice of reason. Where have you been?
Let me guess: curling in Sudbury ... you animal. :cool:
Well, I got halfway to Sudbury yesterday. I got a free car but had to pick it up north of Toronto. It's an older Taurus SHO so it should be pretty cool if it gets through a safety check and emissions testing at a reasonable price. Even after that, it still has the potential to nickel and dime me to death just to keep it on the road. We'll see what happens.

Matt34

Matt34

Well, I got halfway to Sudbury yesterday. I got a free car but had to pick it up north of Toronto. It's an older Taurus SHO so it should be pretty cool if it gets through a safety check and emissions testing at a reasonable price. Even after that, it still has the potential to nickel and dime me to death just to keep it on the road. We'll see what happens.
The older V6 or the 98+ V8?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I have to go, my wife is calling me, probably to have wild s e x.
Yeah, I guess I may as well go tear me off a piece myself.
Adam is a romantic. He's probably gonna buy himself a flower and have a nice candle light dinner for one.
Then to be coy he's gonna tease himself; Break out the moisturizer, look at his hand and tell himself, "NO !!!" :eek:

BTW, how does the amp sound now?

Sometimes stuff just wants to be taken apart to sound better.

I am board again......
Even spell check can't help you. :p

I'm doing nothing also but I do have a garage to clean and not looking forward to it.
Good.
Your life is filled with to much good already with subs, bikes and speakers.
I hope you suffer out there. :D

When are you coming to KC to come play some golf?
I hope for our sakes that it's soon and a full bore bromance breaks out
making it uncomfortable for you two to ever mention golf again.
Golf boring is painful to the non golfing readership. :)

Note: This is what I waste myself on with clear and refreshed mind. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
The older V6 or the 98+ V8?
It's the old Yamaha V6. The car is a 94 and is in pretty decent shape overall. Engine, tranny, brakes, etc. are all good. Tires are new. It drives great on smooth road but takes even the smallest bumps really, really hard. I'm thinking it needs new struts. One rocker panel is rotted through. Windshield's cracked. It's also got a ton of little stuff that needs doing. Power antenna is snapped, key is broken in the ignition. Display on the radio doesn't work. Sunroof needs a new switch. Bangs and rattles all the way around that need finding and tightening. It's going to take some work and some money to make this one right even though it looks and drives decent as it is.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
BTW, how does the amp sound now?
Still hums, but I'll finish getting the screws put back in, put it in the entertainment center, and see what I think. I only have three of the modules plugged in, so it sure as heck should be more quiet than when all seven were connected.

On a related note, I wish that the whole top didn't have to come off to connect/disconnect the amp modules.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Adam is a romantic. He's probably gonna buy himself a flower and have a nice candle light dinner for one.
Eh, I don't bother trying to woo myself anymore. After so many rejections, I don't even try anymore.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
I hope for our sakes that it's soon and a full bore bromance breaks out
making it uncomfortable for you two to ever mention golf again.
Golf boring is painful to the non golfing readership. :)
:
I guess that explains the steady decline of flip flop talk between you and rick...

Matt34

Matt34

It's the old Yamaha V6. The car is a 94 and is in pretty decent shape overall. Engine, tranny, brakes, etc. are all good. Tires are new. It drives great on smooth road but takes even the smallest bumps really, really hard. I'm thinking it needs new struts. One rocker panel is rotted through. Windshield's cracked. It's also got a ton of little stuff that needs doing. Power antenna is snapped, key is broken in the ignition. Display on the radio doesn't work. Sunroof needs a new switch. Bangs and rattles all the way around that need finding and tightening. It's going to take some work and some money to make this one right even though it looks and drives decent as it is.
Cool, the V6 is a much better motor. We had a 98 SHO for about a year and half before we got rid of it, reoccurring TPS issues among other things. It was a nice car when it wasn't revving to 7k rpm on it's own.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Oh, sweet mother. The thing still hums. I'll wait until tonight to see if it bothers me from across the room like before. Putting it back together was kind of a pain, but it's done.

Finally heading out to some stores to grab some dog food and human food (a.k.a. dog treats), as well as to check out the 50" Panny. :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Another happy note - I noticed this afternoon that I can download Chuck in HD from NBC. There are other programs that can be downloaded, too. I've got two episodes being downloaded right now.

Matt34

Matt34

Got the garage semi-done. Was able to get most of the sawdust out of there with the air compressor and rearranged most of the boxes so it's looks better.

I think I'm going to lose some of my thumb nail, bent about half of it away using the damn yard cart.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Yard work is my least favorite ....right after cleaning the garage out......:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis