Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Ugh. I joined a tech/computer forum and shared my computer desk build. Now I've got people who haven't left their parents basement in at least 3 years who have "wiped on a finish to some shelves in the basement" one time telling me how to woodwork. f%^#*&@ nerds. I'm starting to remember why I stopped going to forums on the internet lol.
I hang out on STH Forums, but even they have a solitary focus on DIY home server builds. Some folks are extremely knowledgeable in complex firmware and networking details.
But DIY desktop PC crowd? No thanks. I've had enough leet talk

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
After hearing kef r1s I dusted off my gear and removed the grills from the SongTowers. The ribbon that Salk replaced looked different and me enough that I swapped it out for the ribbon in the center channel.

No difference in sound that I could hear was the result. I considered using drc again after trying to fine tune the HT some. Turns out the HT is tuned just fine and is just the way I like it already.

Maybe I’ll give drc a go again during a particularly obnoxious movie.

So my tweeters are offset. They’re on the inner side of the soundstage now. I wondered about swapping the left and right speakers to have the teeets on the outer edge. Not wondering hard enough that I want to do any lifting.

Almost listened to Offspring cause of Steve but no. And Rush? Never.

Gonna eat, nap and go get a cardio gram. In a few weeks I get a CTA scan I think. They said no boner pills for that. Kind of a shame, really.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Give Brad Paisley a try. The links are there now, might as well use em.
BSA has their greatest hits on Plex. I know all those tunes. Gone Away is awesome. Thought they were Greenday. Gonna have to look up Paisley. Thanks. I can’t wait until I can crank that. Of course I only ever heard those tunes on FM in cars.

Simple pleasures. I am not going to make my neighbors listen to that … for long.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
The moment I find country music on my server is the day I delete it. Who is the heck is that flowery Chad?

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
The moment I find country music on my server is the day I delete it. Who is the heck is that flowery Chad?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I have added slathers of North Europe Viking Metal albums to correct this blunder.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Please share the albums. Sounds like music I'd enjoy!
Well, it's a long list, but a few highlights are:
Arch Enemy (discography)
Within Temptation (5-6 albums)
Unleash the Archers 2 albums (these are Canadian)
Nightwish (until 2007)
Turisas (disco)

Coming soon:
Epica (disco)
Amon Amarth (disco)
Ensiferum (3 albums)
Tarja (solo work, after Nightwish)
Leaving' Eyes
Sirenia

More to come. Always wanted to add these.
Hoping to add more TÝR, but these prove challenging to find for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Speaking of Tyr, this video, besides featuring stunning views, also heavily reminds me of an excellent Beforeigners (tv series)
"This video's story is based on an ancient ballad: two souls are looking for each other through time and space; they are summoning each other in their dreams, reading the signs to finally meet - no matter when and where they were before. The story was shot in Transylvania, Romania, and Hungary, and every place we visited gave us hard circumstances and surprising solutions at the same time, so it was a true adventure. "Since the weather changes really fast in Transylvania, planning ahead was not an option sometimes; we had to improvise quite often. Our half-naked actors showed true grit; the temperature was around -6 °C (around 22 °F) during the snowy scenes. The band parts were shot also in Slovenia (along with the video for "Sunset Shore") and that trip was also a huge challenge but the band members were absolutely tough, and we climbed together the highest hills with full equipment in our hands and on our backs. We all agreed that exceptional things are born this way, so putting 120% effort into it wasn't a problem for anybody." - Viktor / Mihaszna Film

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Within Temptation! That way more than makes up for ditching The Man in Black.

Cash may be country but he’s more than that. I don’t like country music either but I view Cash as just plain American. He stands alone.

Even rappers respect Cash.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord

Cash may be country but he’s more than that. I don’t like country music either but I view Cash as just plain American. He stands alone.

I only had Unforgiven up until now. That lady has what it takes. Thanks for that. I’m looking forward to hearing the other albums. What a set of pipes on her. Sharon something. Doug had a crush on the bass player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

His Unearthed album is all you need. It's excellent and I've been a Cash fan for a long time.

Country is good, if it's good. Most of it is hot garbage.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Well, it's a long list, but a few highlights are:
Arch Enemy (discography)
Within Temptation (5-6 albums)
Unleash the Archers 2 albums (these are Canadian)
Nightwish (until 2007)
Turisas (disco)

Coming soon:
Epica (disco)
Amon Amarth (disco)
Ensiferum (3 albums)
Tarja (solo work, after Nightwish)
Leaving' Eyes
Sirenia

More to come. Always wanted to add these.
Hoping to add more TÝR, but these prove challenging to find for obvious reasons.
I'm going to start working my way through these and see if any strike my fancy. Thanks!

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Having heard those KEF Reference 1 speakers, my desire to tweak my system into sounding as good as possible went through the roof.

It worked. MLP is no longer an imaginary point in between me and somebody who is not me and might not even be there.

My rec”r handles bass management for the oppo”s analog outs. At least the gains. In the oppo I set the distances all to 10’ and the gains to 0. I’m unsure if the size setting in the oppo should be large or small.

The rec’r allows for a wider range of distance settings than the oppo. That changed the way the bass sounds. That changed my polarity preference for the sub.

I’m setting the oppo to large and letting the rec’r have a shot at the whole bass management role. It’s a Yamaha. Shouldn’t be a problem. Haha

Oh … and the grills came off. It sounds like I pulled the grills off speakers costing 5X more.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Speaking of KEF. I realized last week that my kid's initials spell KEF. Granted, that's out of order but mildly interesting.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis