Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I didn't get out of the boot but I start PT on Monday and they will work on getting me out of the boot safely.
PT got me out of the boot yesterday. I am allowed to keep it off and walk for a total time of 3 hours per day as long as I am on even, flat ground.

I can also ride a stationary bike at low resistance and that counts within my 3 hours of boot off time.

I can stand or walk in the pool as much as I want which doesn't count against my 3 hours.

WTH...am I talking to myself.........?

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
PT got me out of the boot yesterday. I am allowed to keep it off and walk for a total time of 3 hours per day as long as I am on even, flat ground.

I can also ride a stationary bike at low resistance and that counts within my 3 hours of boot off time.

I can stand or walk in the pool as much as I want which doesn't count against my 3 hours.

That's good progress, and I'm pretty sure you're happy with it. Keep working at the PT but don't push so hard that you re-injure that tendon.

My prednisone dose is now down to 30 mg/day – better than 60 mg/day – but still high enough to keep me in that predniZONE much of the day :confused:.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan

Are you allowed to remove the Elizabethan collar yet?:D

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
That's good progress, and I'm pretty sure you're happy with it. Keep working at the PT but don't push so hard that you re-injure that tendon.

My prednisone dose is now down to 30 mg/day – better than 60 mg/day – but still high enough to keep me in that predniZONE much of the day :confused:.
yes, I will take it pretty easy. I rode 20 minutes on the bike trainer yesterday at very low resistance and walked my 3 hours in short increments. This morning, it feels the best it has in months. My left calf is exactly 2 " smaller than it used to be which is kind of cool as it has always been my "power calf" and it was almost 2 " bigger than my right one. Hopefully I can build them to the same size now.

I am going to send you some Anabolics to help offset those Cortico's.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Well it's been a less than fun week for me thus far. Wife woke up with an abscess on her leg on Sunday that had grown to the diameter of a grapefruit by that afternoon. She was into the doctors that evening getting an IV of antibiotics at midnight, and she's had return trips on Monday and Tuesday. She's at home now with a trio of antibiotics to take and due for follow up on Friday.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Well it's been a less than fun week for me thus far. Wife woke up with an abscess on her leg on Sunday that had grown to the diameter of a grapefruit by that afternoon. She was into the doctors that evening getting an IV of antibiotics at midnight, and she's had return trips on Monday and Tuesday. She's at home now with a trio of antibiotics to take and due for follow up on Friday.
Wow, that's scary! I hope she's responding to the antibiotics.

I have some good news/bad news to report about my wife too – actually good news disguised as bad news. She was told today she is being laid off as of the end of August. She had planned to retire at the end of July, but never told them at work. She had told her immediate boss, who advised her to keep quiet until lay-offs and severance offers are known.

So the good news is the severance package looks good, the bad news is she might have to work until the end of August, not July as we planned. We will have to get her boss a nice bottle of something for her good advice.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Wow, scary! Hope she gets better soon.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
@Adam did your brother ever get his headphone amp?
Hey, Fuzz! I feel bad for being away for so long. He just got it today! DHL delivered it two days after it shipped from (I think) New Zealand, which is pretty amazing. He seems quite happy with it.

Did you get yours, yet?

Related to this, I don't think that I've been around for about a month. I got my brother a pair of Sennheiser 800S for his birthday. He seems very happy with them (and was using them with the amp today). He had a pair of the 600's, and he put those into "retirement" after we both got a pair of 598's last Black Friday because his 15-year-old 600's were getting pretty worn. He really liked the 600's, but he didn't want to ruin them, so he stopped using them. When I was browsing Amazon a couple of weeks before his birthday and saw the new 800S model, I just knew it was the right gift for him. Way more than I'd ever spend on headphones for myself, but that's what gifts are all about, right? :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
When, does it hurt?
Pushing motion, and when I bring my arm across my body. The pain is worse at certain angles. For instance if I touch my opposite hip it's not too bad, but if I bring my arm up and across in a golf swing motion it's a sharp pain that is none too pleasant. Oddly enough, a running motion doesn't hurt much and sometimes not at all.
Over three weeks...THREE WEEKS...and you all let this one slide. It's like I don't even know you anymore...

I suppose Out-of-Context Man needs to hang around a bit longer. Yeah, you read that right.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Hey, Fuzz! I feel bad for being away for so long. He just got it today! DHL delivered it two days after it shipped from (I think) New Zealand, which is pretty amazing. He seems quite happy with it.

Did you get yours, yet?
Nah, not yet. I got the DAC upgrade (don't remember if you said he did) and then the LiPo and DHL upgrade. I commented and asked the creator when it would ship and he said "...tomorrow...". Well "tomorrow" was two days ago and still no tracking. I was hoping to have it before I left on vacation, but it looks like that ain't gonna happen and probably would have if she had shipped it when he said he was going to. Oh well, I guess like 8 months over the expected due date isn't too bad :rolleyes:

Related to this, I don't think that I've been around for about a month. I got my brother a pair of Sennheiser 800S for his birthday. He seems very happy with them (and was using them with the amp today). He had a pair of the 600's, and he put those into "retirement" after we both got a pair of 598's last Black Friday because his 15-year-old 600's were getting pretty worn. He really liked the 600's, but he didn't want to ruin them, so he stopped using them. When I was browsing Amazon a couple of weeks before his birthday and saw the new 800S model, I just knew it was the right gift for him. Way more than I'd ever spend on headphones for myself, but that's what gifts are all about, right? :)
Dang those look like sweet headphones. I was debating on bringing my 650's with me on vaca, but since I don't have the headphone amp, I guess I'll just bring the 380's. They're still half decent so it shouldn't be too bad.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
So weird that it's hotter temperature wise, but cooler feel wise now than it was a month ago.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Nah, not yet. I got the DAC upgrade (don't remember if you said he did) and then the LiPo and DHL upgrade.
He did get the DAC. DHL got it to him in two days from New Zealand (I think that's where it shipped from). So, hopefully yours will also have fast shipping. Reminds me of when I got my Feel Flux delivered in two days from Hungary via DHL.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
He did get the DAC. DHL got it to him in two days from New Zealand (I think that's where it shipped from). So, hopefully yours will also have fast shipping. Reminds me of when I got my Feel Flux delivered in two days from Hungary via DHL.
Just got a message from the creator. Turns out he ran out of my color. After this many months, color me irritated. :mad:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I ordered a barebones computer, and then ordered a CPU (i5-6600K) and memory for it. Everything was going to get here on July 6 (the CPU was out of stock on Amazon so I ordered it from somewhere else), but now the computer is scheduled to arrive today. Although I was prepared to wait until July 6 already, it will now be tougher because the case will be here taunting me over the holiday weekend.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I ordered a barebones computer, and then ordered a CPU (i5-6600K) and memory for it. Everything was going to get here on July 6 (the CPU was out of stock on Amazon so I ordered it from somewhere else), but now the computer is scheduled to arrive today. Although I was prepared to wait until July 6 already, it will now be tougher because the case will be here taunting me over the holiday weekend.
#geekproblems

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis