Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
You'll be fine in no time. I saw a couple of those bike things at the knee place I went to. Did yours have the special race bearings? :D
Mine was outfitted with ceramic race bearings. I seriously got it up to 30 mph down a small hill last week, scared the heck out of me and I decided I will likely get a head injury if I am on it much longer.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Crap. I turned off my computer and made a list of things to do. Not earth shatteringly important things but things I want in return for my time. Then I wanted Pandora for musical accompaniment so the computer goes back on .. that was like for f^%&ing ever ago and I still don't have Pandora on and my sh!t's still not done.

I'll be back.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
As a long-time fan of Track & Field, I was happy to hear about the recent ban of the Russian team from Track & Field competition at in the Olympics.

Of course, the Russians claim they don't deserve this. They are too modest. I look at it as a "Lifetime Achievement Award" – they were overdue for it :D.
Unfortunately if you want to make the Olympic team you have to dope. Especially in America

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Unfortunately if you want to make the Olympic team you have to dope. Especially in America
But you also need expert assistance in how to avoid being caught by the doping tests.

I'm afraid you are right about that. Look at the number of young adult (as opposed to teen-aged) sprinters, especially women, who wear braces on their teeth. One of the well known effects of long term exposure anabolic steroids is how it softens bones, allowing teeth to shift.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
But you also need expert assistance in how to avoid being caught by the doping tests.
I could pretty easily dope and beat tests. You just have to use fact acting test and use non plastic bags for the blood transfusion before your race. You of course cycle it conservatively. Athletes that get caught in most sports took too much for most sports or messed up their protocol. Of course the UFC actually has a program you can't get away with doping on. They hired the guy who busted Lance. I hope someday all sports use a similar program, but it really costs too much and the NFL and NBA don't want a baseball like scandal.

The problem is these drugs often wreck your body later in life. I'd rather run slow than run doped.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord

I'm afraid you are right about that. Look at the number of young adult (as opposed to teen-aged) sprinters, especially women, who wear braces on their teeth. One of the well known effects of long term exposure anabolic steroids is how it softens bones, allowing teeth to shift.
Many track athletes actually use anti-inflammatory drugs instead of anabolics so they can train more. The side effects are worse than anabolics IMO. Alberto Salazar is known to have Rupp using them during his training phases. A sub 13 5k is insane, but definitely needs dope IMO.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
... then I found some albums that needed putting away ... and maybe at least one needed playing. Robert Palmer 12" of Early in the Morning. This is reference level. You hear me, Rick? Reference Level Vinyl. :cool:

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I could pretty easily dope and beat tests.
It's far more complex than I can easily describe here.
  • In the past, banned drugs were used, and not detected, if careful attention was paid to dose levels and schedule. Some athletes followed instructions well and others not so much. That also tended to work better if people knew in advance when they would be tested. Random unannounced testing has partially dealt with that.
  • Other non-banned drugs, such as diuretics or some anti-inflammatory drugs, could hide the appearance of a banned PED when urine or blood were tested. As a result, some of these drugs are now banned, even though they are not a direct PED. New masking technology and it's detection is part of the continuing story.
  • New PEDs are constantly being developed. They may be technically different chemical compounds, but they act on a pharmacological target in a similar way to previously banned drugs. So new lab tests have to be developed to keep up. This becomes an ongoing race between the PED abusers and detectors. Secrecy and surprise play a big role.
  • Only more recently, do they store frozen samples of blood or urine, locked away at secret locations, for future retests or for new assays that don't now exist.
The problem is these drugs often wreck your body later in life. I'd rather run slow than run doped.
The big money available to the winners in these sports changes everything.

Last edited:
Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
... then I found some albums that needed putting away ... and maybe at least one needed playing. Robert Palmer 12" of Early in the Morning. This is reference level. You hear me, Rick? Reference Level Vinyl. :cool:
I hope you don't get chocolate on it before I get a chance to listen to it.:D

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
He's my source for Jersey tomatoes. I don't care if he eats babies on the full moon so long as I get my tomatoes.
Talk of tomatoes… and the recent story about the lawsuit against Led Zeppelin over authorship of 'Stairway to Heaven' makes me remember album covers from the 70s.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Talk of tomatoes… and the recent story about the lawsuit against Led Zeppelin over authorship of 'Stairway to Heaven' makes me remember album covers from the 70s.
I guess I'll use Pandora to check Little Feat out. Only the name is familiar but I must know some of their music. I briefly saw Jimmy Page and Robert Plant on the TV but didn't know their bidness. I remember making out with Mary-Lou Herman to Stairway to Heaven. Truly classic.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I guess I'll use Pandora to check Little Feat out. Only the name is familiar but I must know some of their music. I briefly saw Jimmy Page and Robert Plant on the TV but didn't know their bidness. I remember making out with Mary-Lou Herman to Stairway to Heaven. Truly classic.
All the recent talk of Led Zeppelin has really taken me back. When they first came out in the US in 1969, I was barely 20 years old, a junior in college. Their first two albums were large hits and got heavily overplayed as they were mandatory at any party or gathering. I quickly got tired of them, especially Stairway To Heaven.

Later that summer I heard them live at a large pop festival in Atlanta https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlanta_International_Pop_Festival_(1969). It was about a month before Woodstock, it didn't rain, there was no mud, and it never got the press coverage that Woodstock got. Many of the same performers were at both festivals. Led Zep's live performance, almost instantly, made me a very big fan. They were excellent live and the guitarist Jimmy Page was clearly the dominant performer, not the singer Robert Plant. Unlike many of the other performances I saw that July at Atlanta, Led Zep showed they knew how to captivate and own the crowd. Their recordings didn't always convey that so well, in my opinion.

In my opinion, the two best US bands during the entire decade of the 1970s were The Grateful Dead and Little Feat. Little Feat's album covers were in a class of their own. I know this depends on a person's age, other opinions can & will vary, yadda yadda, but I'll happily stick to my opinions :).

Last edited:
ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Today I go back in to see if I can lose the boot, I am very sick of it and I will likely burn it when it's off.

Wish me luck, he said that the options will be to keep the boot on, a small brace or straight to a shoe. I hope a "shoe" mean a shoe and not some kind of smaller boot.

I really want him to say a brace and start some PT as my calf is so stiff and has no range of motion right now not to mention the fact that it is exactly 2" smaller than before the boot went on.
I didn't get out of the boot but I start PT on Monday and they will work on getting me out of the boot safely.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Great win by Chile. Surprising miss by Messi. Aside from horrible reffing in the first half, great game.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis