Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Note to self: If the Xbox doesn't appear to be outputting audio or video, make sure you have the cable plugged into the "out" not the "in". I'm sure you guys can relate to sticking it in the wrong opening ;)
I overheard a few of them talking.
They claim there's no such thing...:eek:
EDIT: such :)

Last edited:
H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
I would actually get rid of every watch I have and wear my seamaster which was under $2500, its my go to old faithful, if anyone is ever in the market for a nice watch the sea master is the best buy IMO...
I like that style too. Everyday go-to, (on the days when I even wear a watch), is the plain stainless no-date Submariner. Easy to see/read and the bezel is occasionally useful for timing something. PLUS, the next time I go swimming 1000ft deep, I will still be able to see what time it is. :rolleyes: Other watches have become safe queens.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I like that style too. Everyday go-to, (on the days when I even wear a watch), is the plain stainless no-date Submariner. Easy to see/read and the bezel is occasionally useful for timing something. PLUS, the next time I go swimming 1000ft deep, I will still be able to see what time it is. :rolleyes: Other watches have become safe queens.
I used to wear my submariner the most, I bought it when they were under $4k, now they are almost double that. I look back and think how crazy that was spending all that money on watches and jewelry for my wife, my wife has a diamond ring that could buy a nice home in a nice neighborhood... Obviously stuff like that is an investment and never "wears out", when I was a little younger and wanted everyone to think I was a Qui-billionaire, the fancy cars, watches, and clothes made me feel better about myself for some reason. Now that I have gotten over what other people think I am back to a Chevy truck, All American Jeans {used to like round house jeans but found AA is much nicer}, and living much more simple...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
...my wife has a diamond ring that could buy a nice home in a nice neighborhood... Obviously stuff like that is an investment and never "wears out"...
Until diamond prices crash, that is. ;) And they will - eventually. Aluminum used to be worth a fortune until people learned how to extract it easier. Diamond can by synthesized really well already, but prices are being kept artificially high. Diamond is way too good of a conductor to keep production low for long. I imagine that they'll keep trying to enforce ways to tell man-made diamonds from the others, but eventually that will fail.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I took the day off today. It's been nice. Niki has gone for two short walks, plus a ride to (and walk at) a nearby park. I picked up some ham and turkey, plus a filet. I'm deciding if I'll cook up the filet tonight or just be lazy and have another sandwich.

I was deciding if I was going to have a beer now. Was. :D

H

hizzaah

Full Audioholic
Just got the shipping notification for the Xbox One bundle I ordered. Pretty pumped. Now I guess I need to get some work done so I actually have time to play it when it arrives.
If you or anyone here hasn't seen it, you can get a Best Buy Gamer's Club Unlocked 2-year membership for ~$5 right now instead of the normal $100 or so. It gets you 20% off new titles plus a bunch of other perks/coupons/etc. They have a promo where you get a membership if you buy a new phone. It's geared towards people signing 2-year contracts, but it also works on pre-paid devices. You go have to go into a store to get the deal.

Grab an LG440G Tracfone and the 2-year GCU card. Have then scan the GCU card and they'll ask for your BB membership info or they'll make you an account. Then they scan the phone, it'll ring up for $14.99 and make the GCU $0. Tell them you want to price match the phone to Radio Shack who has it on sale for $4.99. I paid $5.50 out the door a few hours ago. You can use this to extend your membership as well. I'm thinking about going back to get 2 more years in a little bit! Donate/sell/toss the $5 phone.

Target is also going to be having a buy 2 get one free sale on games starting next week I think... Hope these deals help!

I found the recp't for the walmart battery I bought for my truck back in Jan. Winning but not. My last battery from them lasted way past 5 years. This one didn't make it a year. I want my money back.
Costco has pretty decent batteries.. If you're looking to save some scratch then order online from advanced auto w/ in-store pick-up. Plenty off promo codes floating around, TRT41 is $40 off $100+ right now. Just used WD45 (30% off all orders) to pick up some lash adjusters for the Jeep.

Last edited:
ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Until diamond prices crash, that is. ;) And they will - eventually. Aluminum used to be worth a fortune until people learned how to extract it easier. Diamond can by synthesized really well already, but prices are being kept artificially high. Diamond is way too good of a conductor to keep production low for long. I imagine that they'll keep trying to enforce ways to tell man-made diamonds from the others, but eventually that will fail.
I have been hearing that for a long time and my father used to hear it before me lol, diamonds are diamonds. I am sure the synthetic market {which has been around since the 1950's} will replace some of the "lower end' market but for the stones in the say $20K+ market, people are going to want "real" stones, insured, certified, and documented genuine diamonds made in the earth over millions of years, not a diamond made in a lab with a machine... All of the stones i have purchased are 100% doc'd and mark'd so they will at minimum hold their value...
heres a pic I took a while back, sitting on top of my tekton towers... thats less than half of her jewelry box, that is the white gold stuff, she has about half that amount in platinum {fad}, and about the same in yellow gold, 3 different jewelry boxes built into the safe, insured value is well over .75 mil, but actual would be more like 1/2's that, I want to say she is up to 125c in diamonds and 12oz gold.
For example-That ring in the left black box with the yellow stones is set in rhodium coated 18K with a matched pair of .75c genuine fancy vivid yellow diamonds and a 1.52 carat center stone certified GIA D/IF, the ring itself with no stones was only $1200{this is the second set of stones i had put in, the priginals went into a pendant}, the center stone was $40K {A STEAL AT THAT} and the pair of matched yellows were also a steal at $10K for the pair, I could sell the center very close to $60K and the sides for around 1/2 that, that is her second most valuable ring, the other one is all clear diamonds ttl over 5c!!!
here is a stone very similar to the center in her yellow tri stone... http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-5-Carat-Round-Loose-Diamond-GIA-D-IF-Free-Ring-Cert-17157218-/400784848877?pt=Loose_Diamonds&hash=item5d50a377ed

SO they are investments, some day when I am gone and someone in my family needs funds down the line after they are handed down and inherited they will hopefully be worth millions....

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I paid $145 for an Interstate Battery. $95 for an alternator and I don't know what for a starter. They are investments. Some day when I am gone and someone in my family needs funds down the line after they are handed down and inherited they will hopefully be worth millions.... :D

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I paid $145 for an Interstate Battery. $95 for an alternator and I don't know what for a starter. They are investments. Some day when I am gone and someone in my family needs funds down the line after they are handed down and inherited they will hopefully be worth millions.... :D
If they are installed in a 1967 427 super snake then I don't think you will have an issue, but if said parts are installed in an 07 chevy pickup truck, your better off investing in penny stocks...;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis