Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Here's the kitchen sink. The only negative in the whole apt. that comes to mind.

Having been a tennant and a landlord, I would say ask a maintenance guy about switching faucets. Be honest and tell them what you want. Offer to buy it if they will install it. If you do make a change w/o permission and a maintenance guy or apt. staff come in to service something and see a different faucet you could be in violation of some lease rule and asked to leave without your security deposit.
Plus, the top looks like a nice hard surface so drilling new holes may require special bits and more effort than it's worth.

Maybe a screw on sprayer like these would be agreeable to the GF.

Amazon.com: Faucet Sprayer Attachment by Miles Kimball: Flexible Faucet Sprayer: Kitchen & Dining

Danco 88270 360-Degree Swivel Aerator and Sprayer, Plastic, Chrome/White - Faucet Aerators And Adapters - Amazon.com

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Having been a tennant and a landlord, I would say ask a maintenance guy about switching faucets. Be honest and tell them what you want. Offer to buy it if they will install it. If you do make a change w/o permission and a maintenance guy or apt. staff come in to service something and see a different faucet you could be in violation of some lease rule and asked to leave without your security deposit.
Plus, the top looks like a nice hard surface so drilling new holes may require special bits and more effort than it's worth.

Maybe a screw on sprayer like these would be agreeable to the GF.

Amazon.com: Faucet Sprayer Attachment by Miles Kimball: Flexible Faucet Sprayer: Kitchen & Dining

Danco 88270 360-Degree Swivel Aerator and Sprayer, Plastic, Chrome/White - Faucet Aerators And Adapters - Amazon.com
He brings up a good point, if one of my tenants wanted a different faucet and offered to pay for it, I would go and swap it out for them, keeping my faucet. But on the other hand if I went to one of my properties for a deposit refund inspection and their was some $70 home depot price pfister unit in place of the kingston brass units I put in every single one of my units http://www.kingstonbrass.com/N_A_p/ks7718txbs.htm , I would be deducting the cost to replace it labor and matierials from their deposit. I use the same faucet in all {except for a few lav and bath faucets} my units, its easier to keep track of, I have parts to fix them with, and got a great deal on buying a few cases of them...
That kingston brass faucet in the link above cost me $88 each and I bought just under 40 of them {all they had in stock}, they have to weigh 10 lbs each all brass in a few finishes, that sprayer is super heavy duty, the connections are all brass fitted copper, the hose for the sprayer is nylon net over s/s rubber, I have been using them for a while and no issues as of yet, the finishes hold up well, they never leak, ect.. I like the mono deck mount because they install anywhere, if you have a 3 hole you use the deck plate, if their is just a single hole with no sprayer {this is getting popular}, I just drill a hole..

Even in granite the holes only take 5 minutes, with the new Milwaukee bits its even easier, it has a spring loaded center guide {you remove after you start the hole in about 3/8"}, all you need is a drill and water spray bottle, keep it wet {I dip the cutter in water every 30 seconds and clean out the hole}, rock the bit around a little once you get started and you will drill through a granite counter top in 4-5 minutes... I have done it a few times, I just did the pot filler hole in my own kitchen...

I also did a small cold only faucet for a new piece of granite I added to our kitchen with a long trough sink, I love this sink, fill it with icy water and beer, or fill it with ice and shrimp cocktails, clams, crab legs, ect for parties...

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
It occurs to me that I haven't had the best of luck with audio equipment build with pride in the US/Canada. Perhaps the lead paint they use on Chinese made amps block all the evil radiation floating around out there to keep the transformers from humming, while also adhering better to subwoofer cabinets :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Perhaps the lead paint they use on Chinese made amps block all the evil radiation floating around out there to keep the transformers from humming...
In my experience, it seemed to amplify it...

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
you fellas make getting shot at during work hours seem so little compared with the problems you face.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I just spent 2 hours listening to Patricia Barber for some reason, my wife asked me to put it on while she went to sleep {she had a rough day} and she was out within 20 minutes but I think I was hypnotized for a while.. It just went to the end of all her music I own which I think is everything she ever did took a while...

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I can't thank a comment like that...but I can (and did) honestly laugh out loud at it this morning. :D
I pretend that he's not a real person. None of this is real ... until you give me food.

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
I did have a laugh about it,
but my time here is almost over,
shipping us to another camp
on the 13th at 12.00pm.
But it's now time to move on to the next job,
I'm really hopping this time people don't shoot at me, got my first phone call from Steph and the baby today,
was grate to here the voices,

Last edited:
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Got a sweet new desk lamp. LED bulbs, 4 lighting modes plus adjustable brightness. Best part is that it directs the light down and in a fairly wide pattern without throwing the light out really wide and consequently on the PJ screen. I'm pumped about a new desk lamp. Definitely a teacher.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis