Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I just unpacked the Denon S900. They added in a cardboard fold-it-yourself tripod for the mic. I gotta say, I think that's a darn cool touch! I have a tripod now, but something like that would have come in handy years ago.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I just unpacked the Denon S900. They added in a cardboard fold-it-yourself tripod for the mic. I gotta say, I think that's a darn cool touch! I have a tripod now, but something like that would have come in handy years ago.
That is pretty nifty. I wish they had thought of that about 3 receivers ago, speaking for myself.

In other news, holy crap on a cracker USB 3.0 and thunderbolt are so much faster than USB 2.0. I've been moving around data, backing some stuff up and I can't believe how much faster things have gone. Which makes moving stuff off of my USB 2.0 Seagate backup Plus that much worse. It does have firewire, but the new macbook pro's saw fit to do away with that.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
No kidding! It's so much nicer, isn't it? :)
Very much so. I also like that I've been able to transfer about 2 tbs worth of data back and forth in an hour or two, now that I've seen the light, it's killing me that half a tb is taking 3 hours because of the lack of firewire on the macbooks.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I was supposed to get a vacuum delivered today, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. I shall blame my filth on the USPS.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Since no one asked I'll give you my initial impressions between my two pair of lifting shoes. I've worn the Reebok Crossfit Lifter Plus 2 a couple times and found them to be extremely comfortable and pretty stable when put through the paces. However, I felt like they weren't making a huge difference in the one area I really got lifting shoes for in the first place, which is the squat. So I've had an alert set on ebay for awhile now to try and find a pair of the Nike Romaleos 2 for a decent price, since they were my first choice, but nothing has come up until recently. I ended up getting a pair, albeit not in my chosen color, for about 50% off retail, which works for me. I received them today and proceeded to put both pairs on and do a movements in the apartment with the powerblock dumbbells I have and some body weight movements just to see how they compare. IMO, there's a night and day difference between the shoes, which is a good thing for me because I really didn't need two pairs of lifting shoes that feel identical underfoot.

The Reeboks have a bit less of a heel and are more comfortable overall. They provide a moderate level of stability along with a high level of comfort for a lifter. I can move, jump, and do just about anything I'd want to do in a regular crosstrainer in them with only a few caveats. Mostly that I have to be careful when landing due to the rigid heel (no cushioning for landings) and they are definitely heavier than any crosstrainer I'm aware of. However, they're a great general workout/lifting shoe, but not for HIIT days or anything where there will be a ton of agility stuff or running. They are supposed to be more of an Oly shoe after all.

The Nike's live up to just about everything I've read on the internet. They feel like bricks underfoot, they're very stiff, they have more of a heel than the Reeboks, and the upper strap feels like it does a whole lot of nothing, at least so far. However, I love them and some of the stuff listed above is what makes them the perfect squat shoe. You can tell as soon as you put them on that they've been designed from the ground up to provide as much stability as possible and to give the person wearing them supreme confidence that when you land or plant your feet, they ain't goin' nowhere. This is really what I've been looking for in a squat shoe, along with the extra heel height and would've made them worth retail price in my book, but the fact that I was able to get a good deal on them, makes them that much better. Can't wait to get back to the gym and put them both through their paces.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
You can tell as soon as you put them on that they've been designed from the ground up to provide as much stability as possible and to give the person wearing them supreme confidence that when you land or plant your feet, they ain't goin' nowhere.
They look Ultratite

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I'll have to bring them with me to Dennis' and let you see them up close and personal :p

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Since no one asked I'll give you my initial impressions between my two pair of lifting shoes. I've worn the Reebok Crossfit Lifter Plus 2 a couple times and found them to be extremely comfortable and pretty stable when put through the paces. However, I felt like they weren't making a huge difference in the one area I really got lifting shoes for in the first place, which is the squat. So I've had an alert set on ebay for awhile now to try and find a pair of the Nike Romaleos 2 for a decent price, since they were my first choice, but nothing has come up until recently. I ended up getting a pair, albeit not in my chosen color, for about 50% off retail, which works for me. I received them today and proceeded to put both pairs on and do a movements in the apartment with the powerblock dumbbells I have and some body weight movements just to see how they compare. IMO, there's a night and day difference between the shoes, which is a good thing for me because I really didn't need two pairs of lifting shoes that feel identical underfoot.

The Reeboks have a bit less of a heel and are more comfortable overall. They provide a moderate level of stability along with a high level of comfort for a lifter. I can move, jump, and do just about anything I'd want to do in a regular crosstrainer in them with only a few caveats. Mostly that I have to be careful when landing due to the rigid heel (no cushioning for landings) and they are definitely heavier than any crosstrainer I'm aware of. However, they're a great general workout/lifting shoe, but not for HIIT days or anything where there will be a ton of agility stuff or running. They are supposed to be more of an Oly shoe after all.

The Nike's live up to just about everything I've read on the internet. They feel like bricks underfoot, they're very stiff, they have more of a heel than the Reeboks, and the upper strap feels like it does a whole lot of nothing, at least so far. However, I love them and some of the stuff listed above is what makes them the perfect squat shoe. You can tell as soon as you put them on that they've been designed from the ground up to provide as much stability as possible and to give the person wearing them supreme confidence that when you land or plant your feet, they ain't goin' nowhere. This is really what I've been looking for in a squat shoe, along with the extra heel height and would've made them worth retail price in my book, but the fact that I was able to get a good deal on them, makes them that much better. Can't wait to get back to the gym and put them both through their paces.

There is no way those are men's feet.....

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Regarding those photos, I almost lost my s*** when I saw shoes on the carpet. :eek: :D Then, I remembered that new shoes should be worn on the carpet until you decide if you're going to keep them...so I found my happy spot.

Wait, that's not what I...oh, never mind.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Legs are tired today. Finally been motivated to really get back on my bike. Did four road rides at 30 miles plus in 5 days and then yesterday I did a 25 mile road ride in the morning, cut several trees running a chain saw for a couple hours and then did a 2 hour mtn bike ride. It all ended with a visit to the Whiteface bar to listen to live music and a few adult beverages. Turned on the Tour de France when I got home and fell asleep in 15. Feeling tired an satisfied today. I am glad it is raining so I don't have to feel like I must get out again today.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Craig, it is probably impossible to relay just how much more productive you were yesterday compared to me. Oh, wait. No it isn't. I could just quote your post. :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
For the first time ever, I got a comment on an Amazon review from someone claiming that they want me to review one of their products. The fact that the product is a "nut bag" makes me think the comment came from one of you clowns. :p

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Thanks. Had a few very stressful weeks due to my side work. Realized I'd suddenly put on 10lbs. out of nowhere. I was not happy about that. I think I have disposed of 5 or more in the last week so I am headed back in the right direction. I need to keep at it to stay motivated. If you take a few days off it becomes easier to say "I'll just ride tomorrow."

For those who don't know here are the rules of cycling: Velominati › The Rules

Always refer to rule #5.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
There is no way those are men's feet.....
Alex would thank that post. Not everyone can be a giant, hairy Eastern European Alex. Every day I wake up and look in the mirror just to be disappointed that I'm still small and Asian. Oh wait, no I don't. Affirmative Action is the sh!t.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis