Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Well, make a really nice wooden box for the cast iron sphere. ;) :)
This is starting to sound like I'm making a Matryoshka doll. Although the more I think about it, the less I'm opposed to it. :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Arrrgggg. The instructions were wrong on that monitor arm. It said to adjust the tension on a spring in a certain direction if the monitor wasn't heavy enough to keep the arm in place (it was to tighten the spring). Tightening the spring was a HUGE pain in a**, and I was using pliers on the hex key just to get it to budge at all. I kept thinking, "this is so wrong." It wasn't until this morning, after more trying to get it to work, that I turned it the other direction. Needless to say, loosening the spring was easier - much easier. And, it worked. Stupid directions.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I finally got around to reading my newest issue of Family Handyman and there was an article about installing sink faucets. Needless to say I immediately thought of Adam.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Mine is still going strong and in our living room. At 36", no one wants to move it.:)
I'm in the same boat, except I put it upstairs in a spare room.
I think when we get rid of it, I'll wrap it in a tarp and whack it with a sledge a few times first.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I finally got around to reading my newest issue of Family Handyman and there was an article about installing sink faucets. Needless to say I immediately thought of Adam.
When I saw the word "handyman" I knew that Adam's name would be brought up...

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Arrrgggg. The instructions were wrong on that monitor arm. It said to adjust the tension on a spring in a certain direction if the monitor wasn't heavy enough to keep the arm in place (it was to tighten the spring). Tightening the spring was a HUGE pain in a**, and I was using pliers on the hex key just to get it to budge at all. I kept thinking, "this is so wrong." It wasn't until this morning, after more trying to get it to work, that I turned it the other direction. Needless to say, loosening the spring was easier - much easier. And, it worked. Stupid directions.
Were the directions upside down?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I had some spare time after I got home from the gym today while the GF was out grocery shopping and instead of turning on the tv I decided to play with the computer system. Since the nice-ish weather has started I haven't spent much time in front of the computer and so haven't even played anything through the system in about 4 months. I have to say, even without any EQ on the sub and in spite of the fact that the speakers were built by me and the sub was built and designed by yours truly, they sound darn good. Near and far field, they sound great and easily fill the living room/kitchen.

I figured I needed a little pat on the back after getting back some more job "rejections". I guess I'll have some time to spend in front of these speakers as I fill out some more applications. :rolleyes:

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I had some spare time after I got home from the gym today while the GF was out grocery shopping and instead of turning on the tv I decided to play with the computer system. Since the nice-ish weather has started I haven't spent much time in front of the computer and so haven't even played anything through the system in about 4 months. I have to say, even without any EQ on the sub and in spite of the fact that the speakers were built by me and the sub was built and designed by yours truly, they sound darn good. Near and far field, they sound great and easily fill the living room/kitchen.

I figured I needed a little pat on the back after getting back some more job "rejections". I guess I'll have some time to spend in front of these speakers as I fill out some more applications. :rolleyes:
Just go get a job doing plumbing. I always knew nothin' ud evah come from all that schoolin'. :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Just go get a job doing plumbing. I always knew nothin' ud evah come from all that schoolin'. :D
My summer job boss likes to remind me of that every year I'm there. :D "Whaddya need all that school for? Get a real job like me. By the time I was 22 I had already made my first $100,000. You nerds." A direct quote refering to my cousin and myself.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I'm in the same boat, except I put it upstairs in a spare room.
I think when we get rid of it, I'll wrap it in a tarp and whack it with a sledge a few times first.
I was actually able to give away my old 36" Panasonic CRT. It worked perfectly and I thought it would be terrible to just junk it. It's not so much the weight that makes them a pain to move - it's the weight combined with the bulk.:mad:

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
My summer job boss likes to remind me of that every year I'm there. :D "Whaddya need all that school for? Get a real job like me. By the time I was 22 I had already made my first $100,000. You nerds." A direct quote refering to my cousin and myself.
I recently read an article about over-educated young people unable to find "real" work and comparing them with people who found school just didn't work for them, but succeeded in life, regardless. They interviewed some very successful businessmen who, when you look at their education background, could be considered failures. A researcher on the topic was quoted as saying, "A-students teach B-students to work for C-students".

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
MEANWHILE
in Tucson

I know this was a lot funnier in person, but I walked out into the living room this past weekend to see Niki staring outside, virtually not moving, with an apparently forgotten treat just hanging out of her mouth. Even with me walking around with the camera, I only saw her eyes move to me once...slowly and briefly. Hopefully you can see the bunny in the video.

I stopped filming shortly before, with her still not moving, the treat just fell out of her mouth. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis