Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Oh that's right, your BIL or something is a sparky. It sounds cool. My only use for the mini is as a bluetooth speaker. Did you set that up yourself or was it like your version on DIY where you pay somebody? :D
LOL...It's pretty much just plug and play stuff made for the Millennials these days. I have yet to have any help on any of my AV set ups in my life unless you count friends helping me hang TVs or carry 80 lb subs up to the attic.

Even though the Master Bedroom is set up with a nice system as the 3rd zone, my wife seems to have trouble just turning on some music so I put a Sonos in there for her, it just makes my life easier.

Last edited:
ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Wow, it still freaks me out when I see old pictures of the living room. It looks so much better to me now.

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
God damn you jeff sessions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are an ignorant, backward thinking little toad and hypocrite!
"States Rights!" "States Rights!". "Um, until I disagree with you." Bitch, please................

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
We are now ATMOS enabled. Setup is now 7.2.2. I was hoping to go .4 but my room is just not big enough. I stayed with Sonance which matches all my other surrounds. They don't have the same woofer design as my others because they are much newer.

I only have 4 UHD flicks so far but with Valaryn (sp.) it did give an improvement on a few scenes. Going to watch fantastic beasts with the family today and see how I feel about that one.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I better get to work so I can afford UHD flicks and maybe a fireplace. Or I could turn the lights back off ... o_O

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Wow, it still freaks me out when I see old pictures of the living room. It looks so much better to me now.

You need a bigger TV. When can I pick up that one? :D

So I just figured out the google home mini had to be plugged in: no battery. I wanted a bathroom speaker anyway. My dream of one day owning a rechargeable blue tooth speaker is unfulfilled. Woe is me.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Philly Philly!
... get your cheese steak!

But if you wanna see some football ... I'm new to sports trash talking but there's that thing about making your words nice and sweet because those may be the words you one day have to eat thing ... but anyway, dream on.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Ex Makina - Breath

I looked it up! I should have explained myself better. At first I watched that without the sound. Later I stumbled on it with the sound on and realized what I had missed. It made me realize how much I love the dual sub deal on the computer speakers/ ManTown rig. That Ex Makina name makes me think they're some form of Eastern European. My uncle use to say makina for some reason.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Decide whether to build house. Get talked into building house. Get rushed into building house by prefab dealer/parents (prefab dealer is their friend). Compromise on several aspects of house. Get volun-told that I'm doing a ton of the work myself. End up having to do this work in sub zero temperatures. Struggle to finish work, while working full time. No permanent CO. Three months over the "typical" timeframe for a house this size. Typical time frame from the house being dropped to it being completed by professionals is 3 weeks. No mortgage yet due to multiple issues with construction loan to the point where construction loan is no longer possible and we have to switch to mortgage, but can't get mortgage until permanent CO is issued. Throw in the compromises that are going to come back to bite me in the rear end when I ever get around to finishing the basement and when does being a homeowner start paying off?

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
It starts paying off the first time you turn it to "11" and you're the only complaining.

Other than that, never.

Seems you got sucked in and those who helped form the vacuum aren't there to pitch in. I feel for you. Best of luck!

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Just landed in Calgary for a week of skiing in lake Louise and Banff. Fun times ahead.
Awesome place. I just got through telling some chowder head that Calgary is the nicest place I ever lived. If Sunshine is still there, you should try that too. Shorter runs, more scenic. It's on the left on the way to Lake Louise from Banff. BTW Banff is bear attack capitol of the planet.

Decide whether to build house. Get talked into building house. Get rushed into building house by prefab dealer/parents (prefab dealer is their friend). Compromise on several aspects of house. Get volun-told that I'm doing a ton of the work myself. End up having to do this work in sub zero temperatures. Struggle to finish work, while working full time. No permanent CO. Three months over the "typical" timeframe for a house this size. Typical time frame from the house being dropped to it being completed by professionals is 3 weeks. No mortgage yet due to multiple issues with construction loan to the point where construction loan is no longer possible and we have to switch to mortgage, but can't get mortgage until permanent CO is issued. Throw in the compromises that are going to come back to bite me in the rear end when I ever get around to finishing the basement and when does being a homeowner start paying off?
Dude, I'm right here! I'm starting a new job today but I'll let you know when I'm out again. Freakin' Swamp Yankees trying to do construction ... good one! :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis